Options

BBC Radio Player will not load on Chrome

gadwallgadwall Posts: 354
Forum Member
I use it every night but last night and tonight BBC Radio Player will not load on Chrome. Switched to Explorer and it's fine.

Does anyone else have this problem please?

Comments

• Options
    Phil DoddPhil Dodd Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gadwall wrote: »
    I use it every night but last night and tonight BBC Radio Player will not load on Chrome. Switched to Explorer and it's fine.

Chrome is cut down in what it offers, to make it simple for users and so that it will run on thin client computers ( with reduced memory ) in workplaces, to link to Google's half-dozen software products and it's cloud storage. It is inevitable that you will come across things such as Radioplayer not working.

If you don't like Internet Explorer, and don't want Firefox, maybe give Opera a go ( although watch out for Opera making itself the default browser when it installs ). It is a good idea to have one browser for general purposes and a second for serious work such as internet banking anyway, to reduce the chance of malware affecting the latter.

But stick with IE if that's playing your radio streams OK.
  • Options
    radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you like Chrome,then switch to Comodo Dragon Browser.
    Radio Player works there ok for me
  • Options
    PhilipSPhilipS Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just checked on Chrome for mac (version 31.0.1650.63) and Chrome for Windows (Vista) v32.0.1700.41. Both loading and working OK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. It's still not loading on Chrome so I'll use IE just for that as I do like Chrome. Good idea to use different browsers for different tasks.
  • Options
    theseguemanthesegueman Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. It's still not loading on Chrome so I'll use IE just for that as I do like Chrome. Good idea to use different browsers for different tasks.

Oher.... That's rather strange!

I use the Radioplayer Extension for Google Chrome. BBC Radio 1 is available on there, as is many other stations. 99% of the time, it works fine for me. :)

Try that and let us know how you get on! :)

EDIT: Tried radio 1 on the BBC's website (not the radio player) and it loaded fine too. Chrome 31.0
  • Options
    radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thesegueman.
    Why do you bother with the extension in Chrome ?
    Its not needed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thesegueman.
    Why do you bother with the extension in Chrome ?
    Its not needed

It's just quicker and easier for me, all I need to do is open the browser and click on radioplayer, rather than having to open a new tab and mess about with the station website to listen live.

You don't have to use it - I just thought it would be a workaround if the standard player (on listen live) from a station website didn't work. As I said, Radioplayer works 99% of the time for me. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is the Radioplayer extension the one you find on www.radioplayer.co.uk? I hadn't heard of that but googled it and it loaded fine, complete with all my saved stations. Thanks for that.

It still won't load from the radio station web pages. I've been using it for years - will email the beeb and ask about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is the Radioplayer extension the one you find on www.radioplayer.co.uk? I hadn't heard of that but googled it and it loaded fine, complete with all my saved stations. Thanks for that.

It still won't load from the radio station web pages. I've been using it for years - will email the beeb and ask about it.

No problem at all! I use the chrome extension from the web store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/radioplayer/fcppdfelojakeahklfgkjegnpbgndoch and it works on all stations. :) It's the same player as the one you mentioned. :)
  • Options
    BurstfireBurstfire Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its actually a bug in Chrome, both BBC and Chrome are working to fix the issue.
    It has been fixed in Chrome version 34 and maybe even 33.