The 100 - E4 - UK Pace - NO SPOILERS (Merged)

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What an amazing coincedence that the only Ark station we are certain that has survived is the one containing Vice-Chancellor Desmond, Clarke's mum the Doctor and Bill Nye the Science Guy
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I'm pretty sure Lincoln's notebook was very accurate when we first saw it (a little TOO accurate, I think it even accounted for Raven who'd barely just touched ground...) I think I'm talking about something Bellamy said in the finale. I think he said "we've lost "insert this many" of our 100", and HE of all people should know there was more than a 100, him being 101.

in the original book there were 100 delinquents incl Bell in the 1st drop ship

so in that context Bell/Lisa Simpson's reference to "18 dead/82 alive" is correct if they're referring to the original 100 who landed excluding Raven who arrived later
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    in the original book there were 100 delinquents incl Bell in the 1st drop ship

so in that context Bell/Lisa Simpson's reference to "18 dead/82 alive" is correct if they're referring to the original 100 who landed excluding Raven who arrived later

They quote 100 on the station BEFORE they know Bellamy has snuck on board. Then Raven arrives. Total was 102.
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They quote 100 on the station BEFORE they know Bellamy has snuck on board. Then Raven arrives. Total was 102.

without giving away the original plot if you read the book you will find that it was 100 even with Bell on board

and the reference to 18/82 confirms that they weren't including Raven in the 100 who landed first
  • wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Need season 2 soon. It's one these shows I don't wanna wait for. So I hope when E4 say new year they mean January. Fingers crossed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    without giving away the original plot if you read the book you will find that it was 100 even with Bell on board

and the reference to 18/82 confirms that they weren't including Raven in the 100 who landed first

^Oh, I know THAT. But it's been made clear on the show that there was 100 sent down before Bellamy/Raven. Even Lincoln's book took that into account.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great finale to what was a pretty average season, it was never bad but rarely v good up until last episode.

hope s2 is improved.
  • cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    I finally got round to watching the first season of this.

I will be honest I did not expect much considering its a CW show, and the first couple of episodes were too much perfect looking humans (how do they tan in a space station anyway) and shiny neon white teeth.
    I stuck with it and am glad I did. It has turned out to be my favourite sci-fi show for a while.
    Really quite good character development on the most part.

I see its on season 2 in the States now, is it likely to get a season 3 do you think?
    :)
  • marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think much of this the first episodes but endded up loving it. Been watching season 2 US pace and it's really good.
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    marieukxx wrote: »
    I didn't think much of this the first episodes but endded up loving it. Been watching season 2 US pace and it's really good.

Yes I posted in the US thread too as I ended up binge watching all the season 2 episodes!

It is presented as teen drama but really its a lot more than that, and far better than similar recent post-apocolyptic shows like Terra Nova.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been confirmed that E4 has picked up the UK rights to Season 2 of 'The 100' and plan to begin airing it in January 2015.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Just been confirmed that E4 has picked up the UK rights to Season 2 of 'The 100' and plan to begin airing it in January 2015.

Cool, I've only just finished watching season 1 and found myself rather hooked and surprised by it. I'll be looking forward to that:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Right before season 9 of Supernatural airs and at the same time as Vampire Diaries. My poor PVR may explode:D

Looking forward to it. though, it was a real surprise show for me. Thanks for the heads up:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right before season 9 of Supernatural airs and at the same time as Vampire Diaries. My poor PVR may explode:D

Looking forward to it. though, it was a real surprise show for me. Thanks for the heads up:)

The scheduling was probably a deliberate move in order to improve the ratings for The 100
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's good to know. My Netflix account expires at the end of this month so I doubt i'll have a chance to watch the series on Canadian Netflix like I did last time.
  • chocolategagachocolategaga Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    if anyone is still interested in this show it starts back on the 6th of january at 9pm on e4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if anyone is still interested in this show it starts back on the 6th of january at 9pm on e4

Yes, I really like this show. It's not the "awful" show people were complaining about early on. Never really got WHAT they were moaning about.

^I see though DS has taking to having articles with big spoilers in them on the front page again. Ruined so many Teen Wolf/Arrow twists. No real suggestive titles this time though thankfully, but someone should remind them most of the people on this site run at british TV speed.
  • chocolategagachocolategaga Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Yes, I really like this show. It's not the "awful" show people were complaining about early on. Never really got WHAT they were moaning about.

^I see though DS has taking to having articles with big spoilers in them on the front page again. Ruined so many Teen Wolf/Arrow twists. No real suggestive titles this time though thankfully, but someone should remind them most of the people on this site run at british TV speed.

thank you thought i was only one who felt this way.

In either case im most excited about the developments with the ark survivors but am curious about the mountain men as well
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to know!
    Hopefully I will have grown up a bit more by then and can tone down the snide remarks :blush: though I will still point at anything too outrageous as it's supposed to be a serious programme and not subject to the latitude granted to a certain hemispherical show. I'll probably still be leaning towards an 'anti invader' viewpoint too!
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to know!
    Hopefully I will have grown up a bit more by then and can tone down the snide remarks :blush: though I will still point at anything too outrageous as it's supposed to be a serious programme and not subject to the latitude granted to a certain hemispherical show. I'll probably still be leaning towards an 'anti invader' viewpoint too!

Well, from what I've heard of season 2, that side of you will be out in force.
    (I don't really care about spoilers)

Hopefully we'll get to find out what happened to Kelly Hu's character. Last seen in episode 2 or 3 and then... nothing.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scheduling was probably a deliberate move in order to improve the ratings for The 100

Perhaps it's also because they have realised that it's actually a pretty decent show and not just Lord of The 90210 Teens which is the impression you might from first watching it. :D
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it's also because they have realised that it's actually a pretty decent show and not just Lord of The 90210 Teens which is the impression you might from first watching it. :D
    It started that way but definitely improved. The trailers for the upcoming season do look rather good but I'm a bit worried that these (like previous ones) contain rather too many spoilers, which would be a shame...

There do look to be some familiar(ish) looking scenarios but as before if the ride is good enough it doesn't really matter! Except for the inevitable 'I could have sworn Gordon Freeman did that differently' and 'actually that was better than the Spock joke' which really is part of the enjoyment of the show, even if it doesn't sound like it.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hopefully we'll get to find out what happened to Kelly Hu's character. Last seen in episode 2 or 3 and then... nothing.

She was only in the Pilot so I suspect that she may have been put in the airlock metaphorically speaking. :D