Options

Music On You Tube Videos

Jenny_AustinJenny_Austin Posts: 367
Forum Member
Why do people do it, over lay the original sound with music?

Firstly it takes away the atmosphere of the event because you only get the visual, then the choice of music is personal and is often poor choice and rarely reflects what is on the video

Comments

• Options
    jackthomjackthom Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    For me there's nothing more of a turn-off than a "tutorial" which is just a few graphics and some annoying music. Give me a real talking head any day.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackthom wrote: »
    For me there's nothing more of a turn-off than a "tutorial" which is just a few graphics and some annoying music. Give me a real talking head any day.

I prefer graphics to a monotone, nasal whiney talking head which I've had to endure on some GIMP tutorials in the past.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackthom wrote: »

I agree. Unboxings that have music playing all the way through get a thumbs down from me. They get on my nerves!
  • Options
    jackthomjackthom Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    I prefer graphics to a monotone, nasal whiney talking head which I've had to endure on some GIMP tutorials in the past.

I agree, some people really should brush up their presentation skills. :)
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member

Firstly it takes away the atmosphere of the event because you only get the visual, then the choice of music is personal and is often poor choice and rarely reflects what is on the video
    I'd imagine that for most they think they are expressing themselves by adding a personal music track but in some cases the original audio may be blocked by youtube because of copyright.
  • Options
    ValaraukarValaraukar Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Pet peeve.

uktjGQM.png
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This really is a case of First world problems. Bet noone in Africa or India has ever wondered about this major problem.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I'm happy for it to be a first world problem for me
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    This really is a case of First world problems. Bet noone in Africa or India has ever wondered about this major problem.

The thread's not about Africa or India.