Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Healing 8/10

Australian film about a minimum security prison where prisoners are moved to to prepare them for release. One of the programmes (this is based on a true story) implemented is the rehabilitation of injured birds to be released into the wild. Viktor is a prisoner who has been in prison for 16 years, he is put in charge or rehabilitating Yasmin - an eagle - and their stories are similar, of dependence, growth, recovery.

The bird shots are amazing, the creatures are beautiful and it's a quiet but enjoyable film acted really well. Also stars Hugo Weaving as the sympathetic prison officer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    First i watched The Final Destination ( car race) this morning 1st thing before my brother picked me up to go to theirs..to pass the time Lol

Then watched Frozen animated film ( was good :D)

Then teatime watched the most of Big with Tom Hanks

so i had a mixture today all in all :D
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mercenaries! :o ... watchable ... 7/10 👍👏
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Gone Girl - Above average thriller, Rosamund Pike is very good as the psycho bitch you wish you'd never met, still not a great fan of Ben Affleck but he was ok. 7/10
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrooged - Big fan of Bill Murray but he was kind of... insufferable in this and not even in a good Ebenezer Scrooge way.

4/10

Bolt - Standard Disney fare that doesn't rank as one of the best but still very enoyable.

7/10

American Psycho - Great, great movie. A personal favourite *puts on smug face*. Christian Bale's early work was a little too 'new wave' for my tastes, but when American Psycho came out in 2000, I think he really came into his own, commercially and artistically.

9/10
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    22 Jump Street - 10/10
  • Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gran Torino
    9/10
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Frozen (2013) 8/10

Not watched a Disney animation since the nineties, but loved this. Maybe I'll check out some of the ones i missed over the years.
  • chimpsy23chimpsy23 Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    The interview (2014) 6/10 typical Seth rogen movie
    Dumb and dumber to (2014) 6/10 ok for a few laughs
    John wick (2014) 8/10 great action movie
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frozen - I'll give it a very kind 7/10 Not bad for a Disney film and it entertained me enough but the plot felt a little flimsy and I'm not fussed if I don't see it again. Apart from the songs and that song in particular it is ultimately forgettable.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Compulsion [2013]. Director: Egidio Coccimiglio

7/10

Remake of a 1995 Korean movie about the relationship between an obsessive, wannabe TV chef (Heather Graham) and her abused, bulimic washed-up movie star neighbour (Carrie-Anne Moss). Gloriously photographed by Vilmos Zsigmond. Trashy but stylish.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    "Begin Again" with Mum and Dad. I've seen it a couple of times before but they hadn't. It's one of my favourite films of 2014. It has a great soundtrack too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) 7/10

Not the biggest Jim Carrey fan so I must have been in a good mood.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    X-men: Days of Future Past - 7/10

Enjoyed it while it was on, but a bit disappointed thinking about it now.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toys - 8/10

Forget the plot, I was entertained by just looking at the world the characters lived in. I particularly liked the dining room in Robin Williams' house. Michael Gambon played the villain well.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    The Hangover Part III
    Not as good as its predecessors. Felt very mean-spirited this one.

Maleficent
    Quite enjoyable, but the actress who played Aurora has an annoying face. Jolie is surprisingly good in it though, and it was darker than I imagined it to be.

The Green Mile
    Ah, what can I say about this that hasn't already been said? I haven't watched it for such a long time, but it is so rich in storytelling that it is always worth another look. You always see something new amongst the details.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    grey wrote: »
    Just watched Skyfall on ITV
    Very disappointed , not a patch on Connery or Moore Bonds :(

Don't judge it on ITVs showing it was hacked and cut to bits, check out the proper version
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Holiday...not bad but a little sickly sweet 6.5/10
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Locked In [2010]. Director: Suri Krishnamma

5/10

Predictable relationship/car crash drama.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minority Report (2002) - 7/10

Better than I remembered. It got my 8-year-old wanting to see similar SF films. I suspect 2015 will be a headache when finding suitable SF films for him.
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Transcendence - Plodding artificial intelligence caper with a decent cast, neither great nor terrible, 5/10
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The road to eldorado - Forgettable but good songs

Arthur Christmas - Surprisingly good.

Portrait of a lady - Boring, despite a good cast

Crazy Heart - Brilliant. Jeff Bridges and Maggie Gyllenhall have stunning chemistry. Although the plot is very been there done that

Mr Miracle - Predictable and cliche but goofy and innocent

Robin and The Seven Hoods - Modern day robin hood with songs fails miserably

The Pirates in an adventure with scientists - Meh

Puss in boots - Didn't like it at all. Forgettable.

Pinocchio - Fantastic as always

Anastasia - Great voice cast, good plot and brilliant songs. Loses it a little towards the end

Wind in the willows 2006 remake - Absolutley cringey.

Rachel Getting Married - Dramatic, funny, honest and raw. Anne Hathaway is phenom as a junkie fresh out of Rehab whose past threatens to ruin her sister's wedding

Calender Girls - Didn't like it, despite a great cast. Acting was average and the plot failed to amuse me.

All Stars - Predictable. Full of cliches. But fun and light hearted. But very random casting in the form of John Barrowman and Kimberley Walsh and Javine Hylton. Who seemed like fish out of water and likely cast to attract people to see it.

The Barkleys of Broadway - Another Fred and Ginger musical that has a naff plot but good songs and dancing.

Me, Myself and Irene - Terribly unfunny

It's a very merry muppet christmas - Dull

Casper - Hasn't aged well. and I think as 20 something year old, the appeal is lost

Death On The Nile - A long drawn out murder mystery period drama. Nothing happens for the first hour, and then by the time the murder occurs, you quite easily couldn't give a crap

Four Christmas - Found the chemistry between the two leads incredibly false. Good plot though.

Deck the halls - It was ok. Tried too hard to be funny

Naked - The acting was all over the place apart from the lead actor. Had a good plot. Not one of Mike Leigh's best films. The characters never felt real enough, like his others films show.

Catacombs - A low budget crap horror film. Checked it out as it stars Pink, but she is only in it for like 30 mins anyway.
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gran Torino - Just brilliant. My only 10/10 film, from this millennium. Gripping tale.

Home Alone 4 - Not as bad as I remembered, better than 3 but it didn't need to be the same recycled characters. 3/10.

Avengers Assemble - Some people argued, some people shouted back, some people chased each other, then they had a fight, then some superheroes and monsters turned up, then it all happened again. Must have been important.

Watched it to be polite, everyone else seemed to enjoy it. 2/10.
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,889
    Forum Member
    Cockneys vs Zombies :D:o

More interesting for the cast list than anything else.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    Minority Report (2002) - 7/10

Better than I remembered. It got my 8-year-old wanting to see similar SF films. I suspect 2015 will be a headache when finding suitable SF films for him.

I always confuse that film with "Phonebooth". Colin Farrell is in both but it's not like they have similar plots...
This discussion has been closed.