Options

Judges Overscoring Pamela, Underscoring Gavin

StykerStyker Posts: 49,881
Forum Member
They've done this tonight and last week, whats the fuss with Pamela? Last week the opening part of her dance was not sharp at all and none of them picked that up.

They always have their favouirtes though that they overscore in every series and underscore on others. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    jettajetta Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimi is the one who is being badly under-scored. His performances have been brilliant apart from the rumba.

Tonight he deserved 8's at the very least and yet was scored low with 6's and 7's.
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any score would be an overmark for Gavin. Awful boy. No wonder his relationship with Charlotte Church collapsed; loves himself more than he ever could love anyone else!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    Gavin's marks were perfectly fair
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Gavin's marks were fairly generous
  • Options
    LaurieMarlowLaurieMarlow Posts: 5,003
    Forum Member
    Actually I think the judges are bang on with these three.

Gavin is rubbish - let's not let his looks cloud our judgement.

Jimi isn't quite as good as I hoped he would be. He's very much 'in the second tier' - the top four (Pamela, Scott, Matt and Kara) are miles ahead of him.

I certainly didn't anticipate how good Pamela would be. While her tango wasn't as theatrical as Felicity's for example, technically it was superb.

I feel Felicity is the one whose being overmarked. And Michelle on tonight's effort - but I guess they're just being kind to her (because of being in the bottom two and Brendan not being around).
  • Options
    ErinfanErinfan Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    I felt Pamela was overmarked as well considering the problems with her topline.

I think Kara was marked quite harshly as she had brilliant technique and acted her way through the dance. I think it's the routine rather than Kara that fell a bit flat, as it was less frantic and pure slapstick than the others.
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judges need half paddles to help them differentiate between couples.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erinfan wrote: »
    I felt Pamela was overmarked as well considering the problems with her topline.

I think Kara was marked quite harshly as she had brilliant technique and acted her way through the dance. I think it's the routine rather than Kara that fell a bit flat, as it was less frantic and pure slapstick than the others.

Couldn't agree more.

... and as for Gavin; dreadful, cocky little boy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    They've done this tonight and last week, whats the fuss with Pamela? Last week the opening part of her dance was not sharp at all and none of them picked that up.

They always have their favouirtes though that they overscore in every series and underscore on others. :confused:

The fuss with Pamela is that she is one of the best dancers. Gavin is dreadful by comparison - I actually thought his marks were incredibly generous tonight.
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know about Pamela, but Gavin has been marked quite generously on occasion!
  • Options
    lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fuss with Pamela is that she is one of the best dancers. Gavin is dreadful by comparison - I actually thought his marks were incredibly generous tonight.

I agree with you, and I wanted Gavin to do well tonight, but he didn't. Why is Pamela singled out as the one overmarked. Her tango seemed competent and she didn't get the highest score.:confused:
  • Options
    Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually, I thought Kara was let down by the choreography. Not that it was bad, it just didn't have the 'wow factor' and gimmicks some of the others had. The dance intself was performed perfectly well by her.

Pamela is not over marked in my opinion, she danced superbly. Though her dance wasn't my favourite tonight, personal choice, but I felt the music was a let down for her tango.

As for Gavin, I think the marks are just about right. There was some improvement in him this week, but he didn't do himself any favours by talking himself up – his slight improvement would have had more impact had he not let his ego get in the way by talking himself up all week.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I find Pamela and James' personalities and interviews a huge turn off, I've acknowledged up til now how good their dancing is.

Tonight, though, I saw Pamela look less composed and she was struggling in places. But was this picked up on by the judge? Nope. They just keep dishing out praise and high marks for the woman.

Gavin, though, was marked adequately.

Kara and Jimi both deserved an extra mark or two. And Michelle and Patsy a mark less (I really like Patsy but she was quite laboured in her Charleston).
  • Options
    MetermaidMetermaid Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cezzy wrote: »
    Any score would be an overmark for Gavin. Awful boy. No wonder his relationship with Charlotte Church collapsed; loves himself more than he ever could love anyone else!

Spot on comment. He really thinks he is very special but unfortunatly he has the personality of a houseplant :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

She is not as good as that. Matt yes, Scott and Kara yes but their previous training has helped them no doubt but for me no doubt Pamela definetly overscored.

Gavin got a 3 last week off Craig, that was crazy underscoring. As for him being cocky, he's quiet as a mouse and it was him that dumped Church I believe.

On Jimi, he's another one who's moves are not sharp enough. Craig was right on him being like the scarecrow in the the wizard of oz, he meant his looseness and not being sharp when he should be etc.

Jimi's attitude and how he doesn't take criticism well is not going down well with me either, you see how he made out to walk off early? Every week he's shown signs of dissent when he gets not evebn critical comments but just points on what he's doing wrong.

Maybe he thinks that ebcause he was in that "dancing film" the guru that he should get more praise? Can't remember if he did much dancing in that film though, Heather Graham was pretty good in it and afterwards in promoting the film, didn't see much of him in the promo and I did like the guy before this, still do but he's putting me off a bit.
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Pamelas marks were fair. She didn't get the highest score of the night and rightly so as others were better but the score she got was fair. There was very little technocally wrong with the dance.

Gavin was overmarked. I do like him but that tango was not good
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Underscoring Gavin? he CANNOT dance and he is deluding himself if he thinks he can and he was definately NOT underscored

I have seen more personality in a plank of wood than I have seen in him in the last 4 weeks - I feel sorry for Katya, she must be nearing the end of her tether by now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    Underscoring Gavin? he CANNOT dance and he is deluding himself if he thinks he can and he was definately NOT underscored

I have seen more personality in a plank of wood than I have seen in him in the last 4 weeks - I feel sorry for Katya, she must be nearing the end of her tether by now

Why do people keep on bringing personality into it? Its called Strictly Come DANCING not personality! :rolleyes:

Mind you, Ann's divertionery tactics seemed to have paid off yet again!
  • Options
    LilySueLilySue Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Whilst I find Pamela and James' personalities and interviews a huge turn off, I've acknowledged up til now how good their dancing is.

Tonight, though, I saw Pamela look less composed and she was struggling in places. But was this picked up on by the judge? Nope. They just keep dishing out praise and high marks for the woman.

Gavin, though, was marked adequately.

Kara and Jimi both deserved an extra mark or two. And Michelle and Patsy a mark less (I really like Patsy but she was quite laboured in her Charleston).

I totally agree. I thought Pamela's tango was shakey in places, but that wasn't reflected in the judges marks.

Kara especially I thought was undermarked, I thought she was quirky and ditsy and surely that fits the whole Charleston theme perfectly.

I think Patsy's great, but her Charleston seemed kind of heavy legged to me.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people keep on bringing personality into it? Its called Strictly Come DANCING not personality! :rolleyes:

Mind you, Ann's divertionery tactics seemed to have paid off yet again!

But each dance has it's own unique flavour. And yet Gavin approaches each dance with the same expression and emtoion.

Personality and character are at the heart of dancing, whatever the official name of the show.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Pamelas marks were spot on......She didnt score the highest of the week and wasnt even the highest scoring Tango (scott) so she is in exactly the right place on the leader board althought I think to be completely fair it should have been Matt and Scott equal top and then Pamela and Kara equal second as best. to be any lower on the board Pamela woud have to have lost 5 marks and I dont think that would have been right.
  • Options
    Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    Pamela's scores were fair IMO. Their performance wasn't their best but it was still very good. Pamela's acting in the tango was brilliant.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    I thought Gavin's marks were fairly generous
    But each dance has it's own unique flavour. And yet Gavin approaches each dance with the same expression and emtoion.

Personality and character are at the heart of dancing, whatever the official name of the show.

And that may be where the trouble lies.;)
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

!

I posted that many time last year but was told it was about entertainment NOT dancing :eek: so I have given up. It hurts less if you just relax and go with it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

The tango is a serious dance, most of them dance with the same expressions, they are the way they are.

People just seem to have taken a dislike to him without any real reason and are pooh poohing him off the back of that. Pamela was given 9's last week and this week and it wasn;t worthy of that high a mark at all.