Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Marvin advert. Its the one with the chicken nugget god knows what it is. You got the voiceover going think like marvin be like Marvin. I dont even know who fricken Marvin is.

Those chicken...things are quite nice though!
  • toribaynestoribaynes Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucky pants bingo argh sooo tacky
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    The Santander advert has to be the worst for me right now! Partly because I don't know how anyone can endorse such a sh/te product as Santander!

Oh I do - tons of money!
  • smokencheesesmokencheese Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That bloody creepy Florence 'real' Match.com woman should pi** off back to France to find a man.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    First Choice - I see one of the most infuriating adverts of this year is coming back after annoying me for about 2 straight weeks earlier this year, with that speccy arse and his family getting celebrity recognition while coming off a flight while "good feeling" is playing. I HATE this advert with a passion, especially that freak of a woman that is waving her head off in the crowd :mad:

Dulux - the one with the green room and the annoying screaming kids :mad: the shaggy dog is cute, but the kids aren't, and they just seem to go on and on :(

Yorkshire tea - all that big stupid parade shite for a cup of tea? :confused:

Alpen - the one with the annoying git that can't seem to make any other form of communication aside from grunting and moaning like a 3 year old, the short advert from last year with him sulking in his bedroom was enough to irritate me last year, and now he's back for a bloody longer version. Cheers for that, Alpen! :mad:

Irn Bru - the one new Irn Bru advert where the dad keeps drinking Irn Bru in order to tolerate the fact that her boyfriend is English. This advert doesn't really need a review, because, to be brutally honest, it's just shite.

That advert is shite and creeps me out TBH :confused::o
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC one with Bill Bailey and the chimp's arse is really starting to piss me off.
  • Susan_A1951Susan_A1951 Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to be Julie Walters and Michael Parkinson conning pensioners into buying worthless life insurance. They should be ashamed of themselves.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    The nation's darling Victoria Wood and the Dyson advert. Where did this woman's principles go?
  • manic maniacmanic maniac Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    That advert is shite and creeps me out TBH :confused::o

Haha no, being creeped out by the sheer weirdness of that advert is understandable :):p
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The nation's darling Victoria Wood and the Dyson advert. Where did this woman's principles go?

Hoovered up? :o

Currently dislike that stupid car advert - sweeping scenic drive, smiley people showing off their individuality through the medium of skateboard, then the dramatic voiceover: "You... are you."

You... are annoying. But thank you for verifying my existence; now that I'm comfortable being me, I will happily not purchase your generic-looking motor just to reassure my uniqueness.
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to be Julie Walters and Michael Parkinson conning pensioners into buying worthless life insurance. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Here, here!
    There is a glut of celebrity based ads trying to con people out of their money and it is shameful of them, especially at this time when so many are feeling the pinch.
    Forum Member
    Here's some more with the inclusion of some I didn't get to target earlier this year: :p

118118 - The cut ones don't bother me that much, but the full version is still one of the most annoying adverts of this year, with the army of 118118 joggers running to that loud feckin' idiot shouting "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHWWWWWWWWWWW, HAIYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! against a "tune" in the background that sounds like what would happen if the coke-addicted Ladbrokes fogie was to get a record deal. :mad:

Churchill - Well when Martin Clunes was dropped from the Churchill ads and replaced with Dawn French, I was at least thankful (was I? :confused:) they had made some new adverts rather than overplaying the old ones. And they were cringe worthy. But the one when the dog started that psychotic laugh in the café about alphabet spaghetti and Dawn French joined in for about 15 minutes of laughing over f*cking nothing, I was ready for booting the TV right out the window. :mad:

Morrison's - Right, I like Ant and Dec, they're nice guys :p, but these adverts are to be honest kind of cringe worthy. The scripts they've been given are bloody awful and embarrassing.

Sainsbury's - Didn't get to rant about their Red Nose Day ad with the stupid wean laughing hysterically over the mum wearing a red nose. Was annoying.

Harvester - This one has gained more than a few mentions on here, and no wonder with the infuriating little kid called "chef". Just the way he demands "SAUCE!" from his dad could make you want to punch him right in the nose :mad:

Argos - I see the creepy blue aliens are back with their old adverts, after the dad screaming at us at Christmas of how many days it was to go . . . :(

Bisto - Both ads were annoying, from the two kids making their own stupid advert to the much more anger-inducing family copying the Alpen guy and grunting all the way through the feckin' ad! :mad:

and breathe . . . :p
    Forum Member
    Maltesers - Yeah, they don't get away with their Red Nose Day advert either, with people playing about with maltesers like flying them on kites? :confused: chucking them up in the air and blowing them out of a trumpet. JUST FECKIN' EAT THEM!!!!!!!!! :mad:

The Sun - I never got the chance to mention the freaky little girl from January who "sung" a "song" at the camera and you couldn't understand a word she said, following on from that beardy **** from last year. At least it doesn't come on anymore :)

Ariel - I don't understand these adverts, with the chav demanding you to look at his whites and the brainless girl chattering on about how she can clean her clothes. I don't get it.

Halifax - The God-awful choir is back, this is not a drill! :(

Jackpotjoy.com - Barbra Windsor is infuriating. And what was with the Red Nose Day one? :confused:

Gocompare - The ones with Gio getting slapped about were getting boring. The new one with the dog doesn't bother me :eek:

Comparethemarket.com - I don't like the ones with the meerkats, especially the Rocky-inspired one which is on constantly all the time, but the ones with Robert Webb are just shite. Who else thinks there's going to be an advert soon with the two corporations as armies being led by Alexander and Webb's character into a Lord Of The Rings-style battle to the death? :(

Aldi - All their adverts are shite, especially the one with the two kids that was on earlier this year.

Autoglass - PISS OFF AUTOGLASS!!!!!!! I DON'T CARE ABOUT STEVE OR WHAT THE HELL A CHIP IN THE WINDSCREEN CAN BECOME!!!!!!! AND I KNOW WHERE YOU CAN STICK YOUR SPECIAL RESIN TOO!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

The 8 Out Of 10 Cats promo from this year with the Gangnam Style theme gets a special mention as the reason I could not hate half the comedians on it more.

Phew :p
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Churchill - Well when Martin Clunes was dropped from the Churchill ads and replaced with Dawn French, I was at least thankful (was I? :confused:) they had made some new adverts rather than overplaying the old ones. And they were cringe worthy. But the one when the dog started that psychotic laugh in the café about alphabet spaghetti and Dawn French joined in for about 15 minutes of laughing over f*cking nothing, I was ready for booting the TV right out the window. :mad:

This. I like Martin Clunes, so didn't mind his ads. I hadn't previously disliked Dawn French but the alphabetti laughter just drives me insane.
  • molyeshamolyesha Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    In the Santander ad, it sounds like Rory McIlroy (sp?) says, 'You can open a C**t Account'. Hate it.
  • Invent MeridianInvent Meridian Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Bisto advertisement with the 'family' sounding variants of 'ahh' throughout. The most annoying part is the last 'ahh' from the 'Dad'. The noise hurts my ears. The short version of the advert keeps it in and thus 'arrives' too quickly to cover my ears. The advert should either have this part removed or be banned.
    Forum Member
    The KFC wrap ad - how does this make me want to go to KFC? It makes me want to smack the selfish **** who thinks a £1.49 wrap is a good birthday present for his girl :mad: Not funny :(
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    The Santander advert has to be the worst for me right now! Partly because I don't know how anyone can endorse such a sh/te product as Santander!

Oh I do - tons of money!

See they are now tomenting a new lot of victims, Rory McElroy just comes across like a stalker :D and Jess dissing that guys clothes, this from a woman who lives in sportswear!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    TracerTong wrote: »
    The trivago one where the woman say 'perfectttt' ...****ing really grates

One of the smuggest ads I've ever seen.

"Is there a pool? , huh, Yes!".

I hope the two rats drown in their pool.

The same old crunching sound when the bint bites into a magnum. They've been milking that recording for years, not sure whether they even recorded someone biting into one of their blooming ice cream!

"Barry Scott" and his "turbo power" never fails to make me change channels with turbo power :mad:

So glad that the unfunny Direct Line adverts with that Pointless guy have been dropped.

And finally, WHY IS THE SANEX AD STILL ON? Has nobody complained? It makes my stomach churn every time, you really don't want to see those tiny people in that zoomed out shot while eating dinner. Totally cringe worthy and like torture to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Oh, and secret escapes.

I saw a few posts about secret escapes many months ago on here, but I never really spotted it on TV or it didn't stand out to me.

But now, all that whispering has now gone past the Annoy-o-meter and here I am adding yet another rant about it :D
    Forum Member
    Why is the crunching sound on the Magnum ad so ****ING LOUD? :mad:
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Voice promo on BBC One that ALWAYS gets shown straight after the Doctor Who trailer. PISS OFF JESSIE J! :mad:
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Jess dissing that guys clothes, this from a woman who lives in sportswear!
    To be fair it is skin tight lycra ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    The Beats headphones ad that usually comes on when i'm trying to watch a video on youtube and the worse thing is you can't skip it after 5 seconds so i have to watch to watch the whole freaking thing when all i want to do is watch the video. Also will.i.am is on it so that makes me hate it even more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know that the Direct Line advert's use / abuse of Santigold's Disparate Youth has taken it's toll on me.

Today I went to watch the video for Disparate Youth via my YouTube playlist and I nearly went to skip it when it started up as I thought it actually was a Direct Line advertisement.
This discussion has been closed.