Options

Wait, so Louis and Flavia NOT doing the AT next week?

Judges dance, show dance and then their own choice.

That means their only opportunity to do the AT will be in the show dance. Is that right?

They should have been able to do a proper one during the semi-final. :mad:

Comments

• Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judges dance, show dance and then their own choice.

That means their only opportunity to do the AT will be in the show dance. Is that right?

They should have been able to do a proper one during the semi-final. :mad:

Oh I never thought of that. What a shame I really wanted to see them do that. I hope they choose a decent dance for Louis to do.
  • Options
    Gothic-DudeGothic-Dude Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will do the quick step because he basically learnt it when they did the AS
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    I think they will do some AT in the showdance
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet it will combine AT moves with Louis-style moves, Marmite in other words.
  • Options
    Mrs-MopMrs-Mop Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because the Beeb moved the goal posts:rolleyes::
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will do the quick step because he basically learnt it when they did the AS

:confused::confused::confused:

They won't be dancing a new dance apart from the showdance. They'll be doing the judges' favourite dance from the series, their own favourite dance from the series and the showdance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Argh, I'm very annoyed about this.

I really hope that Flavia just choreographs a proper AT for the show dance then.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Vincent clearly got to change his choice to doing AT in the semi, so Flavia must have decided not to.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it in their showdance, but that would preclude them doing a lot of gymnastics, as gymnastic moves don't really go with an AT!

I think it's ridiculous that each couple is only doing 3 dances and not doing a new one - presumably if the judges give them a ballroom they'll be forced to make their 'favourite' a Latin and vice versa :rolleyes:
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They might do a fusion, as they did last week, not mingling the AT with another dance but as half of a medley.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Flavia did say something that Louis wouldn't be wearing much clothing if they got to do their showdance when Tess was talking to them after the Foxtrot.....
  • Options
    WakingUpInVegasWakingUpInVegas Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    Flavia did say something that Louis wouldn't be wearing much clothing if they got to do their showdance when Tess was talking to them after the Foxtrot.....

Oh god really? I hope their show dance is not full of gymnastics tricks with Louis wearing next to nothing and has some good ballroom/latin content in there lol.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god really? I hope their show dance is not full of gymnastics tricks with Louis wearing next to nothing and has some good ballroom/latin content in there lol.

I hope Flavia doesn't put him through this. I get the feeling that if he is put through this he will make mistakes.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »

She didn't mention the showdance, she just said he wouldn't be wearing much. I think he could be taking his shirt off for the Dirty Dancing salsa. I hope not, but it will get votes, mainly mine. :o:D
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's ridiculous that each couple is only doing 3 dances and not doing a new one - presumably if the judges give them a ballroom they'll be forced to make their 'favourite' a Latin and vice versa :rolleyes:

That would work for me! Louis's Halloween ballroom and his Dirty Dancing routine are my favourites (nb: can't remember what the dances were supposed to be, but I loved the performance :p).
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    I think the judges might choose Charleston for them as that was the dance they were all talking about in tonights results show, and maybe Louis and Flavia will choose to do their DD Salsa for their own choice. I'd be happy to see both of these dances again :D.... But Tango would also be fab if they can adapt it without the Halloween make up to still look as good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    They're dancing to Rule the World so I'm assuming that means no AT in the show dance?? How could the producers NOT give them them the AT to do during all these weeks?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    I think the judges might choose Charleston for them as that was the dance they were all talking about in tonights results show, and maybe Louis and Flavia will choose to do their DD Salsa for their own choice. I'd be happy to see both of these dances again :D.... But Tango would also be fab if they can adapt it without the Halloween make up to still look as good.

Dilly - you got the two dances but in reverse order! What do you think about the AT?
  • Options
    serafimoserafimo Posts: 1,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're dancing to Rule the World so I'm assuming that means no AT in the show dance?? How could the producers NOT give them them the AT to do during all these weeks?!

I think it was sacrificed when the switch was made to a 4 person final. Flavia said about a month ago that she & Vincent had asked to save the AT until the final, so I'd guess back then they were still expecting to be doing a new dance in the final, which obviously got cut when they switched to 4 people.
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Janswats wrote: »
    Dilly - you got the two dances but in reverse order! What do you think about the AT?

I was pretty gutted about no AT but I think I've got used to the idea now and really looking forward to the dances they do have. I just wish they hadn't made it a 4 couple final and we would still have got their AT. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    I hope Flavia doesn't put him through this. I get the feeling that if he is put through this he will make mistakes.

Aliona and Matt springs to mind.

"Oh, you can do gymnastics, can you? RIGHT"
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they will do some AT in the showdance

That's what I was thinking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some people are secretly hoping that Louis' showdance is full of gymnastics so that they can criticise it.

But given the song choice, it ain't likely - his previous routines are actually quite heavy on technical content, it's just that they also contain more eye-catching tricks as well. I think we'll see just how great a dancer he really is.

I'll give Flavia credit at this point for being the only pro still in the running who's produced a previous showdance that I didn't hate. :cool:

I hope that if he does play a blinder on Saturday and outdances the other three to secure the win, that people will give him credit for that. Not bloody likely though.
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    echad wrote: »
    I think some people are secretly hoping that Louis' showdance is full of gymnastics so that they can criticise it.

But given the song choice, it ain't likely - his previous routines are actually quite heavy on technical content, it's just that they also contain more eye-catching tricks as well. I think we'll see just how great a dancer he really is.

I'll give Flavia credit at this point for being the only pro still in the running who's produced a previous showdance that I didn't hate. :cool:

I hope that if he does play a blinder on Saturday and outdances the other three to secure the win, that people will give him credit for that. Not bloody likely though.

Well said Echad.

I'm hoping so too. It's one of the reasons I enjoyed Flavia's showdance with Matt - because it was dripping with proper Latin dance content rather than the frenzied disco faffing that has been the case in many of the showdances in Strictly history (& I include the last few years and Alesha/Matt C and Maren in that).

I also think it won't have many gymnastic tricks in there simply because Flavia (I don't think) can do these tricks herself and the showdance should be a showcase of the dance partnership rather than having one person standing on the sidelines.

It wouldn't surprise me actually if Louis dances the salsa again topless or with little cover up top!
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

SaraV1308 wrote: »
    Well said Echad.

I'm hoping so too. It's one of the reasons I enjoyed Flavia's showdance with Matt - because it was dripping with proper Latin dance content rather than the frenzied disco faffing that has been the case in many of the showdances in Strictly history (& I include the last few years and Alesha/Matt C and Maren in that).

I also think it won't have many gymnastic tricks in there simply because Flavia (I don't think) can do these tricks herself and the showdance should be a showcase of the dance partnership rather than having one person standing on the sidelines.

It wouldn't surprise me actually if Louis dances the salsa again topless or with little cover up top!

Hear, hear!:)
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hope so, I really do, that's why i'm very much against all the tricks and gymnastics. It ruined Matt baker's showdance when he was perfectly capable of doing a decent one if he'd had good choreography!

I didn't like Matt's showdance, but I like very few of them anyway. James gets some credit from me for not producing a lift-fest showdance for Pamela, and Flavia gets some credit for producing a dance-filled one for Matt, but I didn't particularly like either of them (and hated Pasha's choreography for Chelsee and can't remember Vincent & Rachel's at all so it mustn't have been great), so I'm interested to see who does well this week...
    I hope that if he does play a blinder on Saturday and outdances the other three to secure the win, that people will give him credit for that.

Of course I will, whoever dances best will get credit from me, so don't assume everyone's going to be staunchly against him no matter what! But I've still got my own favourite to win. I hope Louis fans will similarly give credit if someone else dances better, it works both ways!