Options

Brittany Murphy Cause Of Death In Question

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
.. After New Report Allegedly Suggests Poisoning

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/18/brittany-murphy-death-poisoned_n_4296590.html

This is quite incredible ..
Last year, Murphy's father, Angelo Bertolotti, sued the Los Angeles Coroner’s Office and the Los Angeles Police Department to get further toxicology reports, according to The Hollywood Reporter. He accused the departments of "failure to conduct toxicology tests on the specimens" of hair and attested "his daughter’s death was incorrectly determined to have been allegedly caused by pneumonia and anemia.”

After Bertolotti filed the lawsuit, Julia Davis, a screenwriter who worked for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and was working on a biography about Murphy, raised the possibility of poisoning.
The lawsuit was dismissed, but Bertolotti reportedly secured the release of Murphy's hair, blood and tissues for independent testing, according to the Examiner. He sent the samples to the Carlson Company in Colorado for analysis.

Results supposedly showed the presence of 10 heavy metals above the "high" level set by the World Health Organization.

"Since the autopsy narrative recorded a number of symptoms synonymous with poisoning, I requested testing for heavy metals/toxins," Bertolotti wrote in an email to The Huffington Post Monday. "My suspicions were confirmed. Ten heavy metals were found in abnormally high quantities (as much as 9 times over the 'high' limit designated by the World Health Organization). These types of heavy metals/toxic elements are commonly found in rat poison, pesticides, insecticides, etc. Since neither Brittany nor Simon would have willingly consumed any such substances, the lab concluded that they may have been introduced by a third party with criminal intent."

Comments

• Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't stand this....It is such a complete waste of talent, something is right here.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Has always seemed strange and a real shame, poor girl. She was a talented actress and could have gone far:(

Still strange as the whole situation seems, I am not sure the estranged dad is a thoroughly reliable source
    http://dlisted.com/2013/11/18/brittany-murphys-father-thinks-she-was-murdered-by-poison/
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    I always thought it was kind of fishy how the husband died shortly after she did of basically the same thing.
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't start thinking that there was something fishy about her death until it came out in the press that her husband and mother were still living together and even sharing the same bed. Then when he died it seemed very suspicious. The mother now has to be considered a prime suspect as she was sharing the house with them both. I am guessing the husband also had a full autopsy as his death was sudden, would be interesting to see if there are similarities on their tests.

I wonder if there was a financial motive behind it all? Possible life insurance policies? And if it does turn out that both were poisoned you have to question why the Police did not look into this and open an investigation at the time, that's negligent on their part.
  • Options
    AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a whole thing about toxic mould as a cause of death -her mother filed a lawsuits.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a whole thing about toxic mould as a cause of death -her mother filed a lawsuits.

Yes, I remember that. There was mould found in the house, which could explain both her and her husband's untimely deaths.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I remember that. There was mould found in the house, which could explain both her and her husband's untimely deaths.

I suppose it could also explain the results of the drug test as well if that was the case. Maybe they need to get specific tests done to determine either way what's happened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose it could also explain the results of the drug test as well if that was the case. Maybe they need to get specific tests done to determine either way what's happened.

Absolutely. Two deaths of young people in the same home so close together needs to be thoroughly investigated - it's either the house (mould or other toxic substances) or something even more dodgy.
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was suspicious of her death right from the beginning. I hope if there was something dodgy about it there will be justice for her. Shocking for anyone to die so young.
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    The whole thing was sus to me from day one. It could be the mother killing both of them to get her hands on their money. It's too much of a coincidence for them both to die the same way. If it was the mould, how come they haven't checked the house for it after Brittany died? No doubt that these deaths rise too many questions, and I'm sure we'll be hearing more about it in future.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The husband dying not long afterwards really made it all the stranger, but I suppose it was dismissed as his being distraught following her death.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    News outlets now reporting that 'heavy metals' may be cause of death.

Guardian report here.
    The report goes on to state: "If we were to eliminate the possibility of a simultaneous accidental heavy metals exposure to the sample donor then the only logical explanation would be an exposure to these metals (toxins) administered by a third party perpetrator with likely criminal intent."

That doesn't sound very accidental.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brittany Murphy's father has sensationally claimed that the tragic ‘Clueless’ actress was poisoned to death by after offering her celebrity backing to a whistleblower fighting the government.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2509626/Brittany-Murphys-father-believes-husband-poisoned-death-government-spooks.html#ixzz2l6l4U6HZ
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Seems slightly unlikely but who knows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Eh? I remember her :o When did she die because I never heard about it :(
  • Options
    monrosemonrose Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    Eh? I remember her :o When did she die because I never heard about it :(

She died in December 2009
  • Options
    monrosemonrose Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Brittany Murphy died, I remember hearing her husband didn't want a post mortem because of his religion. I remember at the time thinking he might have had something to do with her death
  • Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davor wrote: »
    The whole thing was sus to me from day one. It could be the mother killing both of them to get her hands on their money. It's too much of a coincidence for them both to die the same way. If it was the mould, how come they haven't checked the house for it after Brittany died? No doubt that these deaths rise too many questions, and I'm sure we'll be hearing more about it in future.

If it were mould why didnt the mum die too? i do think shes involved as both died within months
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still find it hard to watch her films, she was always good, no matter what she was in. In Just Married a fluffy, naff film, there are just a couple of moments when you see how good she really was. Her death never made sense, especially as her husband died so soon afterwards. She had the potential for a Oscar, with the right role.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    monrose wrote: »
    When Brittany Murphy died, I remember hearing her husband didn't want a post mortem because of his religion. I remember at the time thinking he might have had something to do with her death

But then he died. Of seemingly similar causes.
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Brittany Murphy's father has sensationally claimed that the tragic ‘Clueless’ actress was poisoned to death by after offering her celebrity backing to a whistleblower fighting the government.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2509626/Brittany-Murphys-father-believes-husband-poisoned-death-government-spooks.html#ixzz2l6l4U6HZ
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Seems slightly unlikely but who knows.

That sounds nuts and makes me question the sanity of her father, but they say the truth can be stranger than fiction so who knows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That sounds nuts and makes me question the sanity of her father, but they say the truth can be stranger than fiction so who knows.

I know, bad as it sounds I am not sure he is an entirely credible source, the fact he is writing a book makes me slightly doubtful too.

Also this BIB if true sounds dodgy
    But Brittany’s estranged father Angelo Bertolotti never believed that she died of “natural causes” and two years ago he filed a lawsuit against the Coroner’s office to try to get them to turn over hair, blood and tissue samples. Angelo wanted the samples, because the Los Angeles Coroner never tested for poisonous shit. ABC News says that the lawsuit was dismissed last year after Angelo didn’t show up to two hearings.
  • Options
    Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's anything to do with government agencies, the truth will probably never come to light. Look at the 'spy in the bag' case in the UK and how the truth has been hushed up there. :(
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    lol, government agencies?

Yeah I'm sure they were terrified of Brittany Murphy.
  • Options
    scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her father posted on findadeath about his court case and why he didn't show up something about his lawyer.? Im not sure about a goverment thing but that husband was a dodgy so and so. My feeling is its something to do with mum.:-( Angelo explained that he never sponged or took anything from his daughter even though she offered many times,mum on the other hand... Maybe he wants to set the record straight by writing this book.
  • Options
    Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol, government agencies?

Yeah I'm sure they were terrified of Brittany Murphy.

Lol yourself. Try reading this properly.:rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2509626/Brittany-Murphys-father-believes-husband-poisoned-death-government-spooks.html#ixzz2l6l4U6HZ