Options

National lottery online scratchcards

mcalmcal Posts: 1,227
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone ever played any of the 'instant win' scratchcards on the National lottery site, and have they ever won anything substantial.
I put my lottery on each week online and always feel obliged to buy a scratchcard. Any wins I have ever had have all been either £1 or £2 which just causes me to waste the win on another card.
I have heard of people having big wins on the cards you can buy over the counter but have never heard of a big win using the online cards.

Comments

• Options
    rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    Probably fixed
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I had a spare quid once, played once, won a pound, played again, won a pound, gave up.

I should think it gets quite addictrive for some people, the secret is , knowing when to stop.

Most have a 1 in 4 chance of winning on there, but I am sure the vasy majority only pay out a pound.
  • Options
    ikkleosuikkleosu Posts: 11,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah most pay out £1 but I have won £5 a few times and once won £17. But then I only play them sporadically.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably fixed

Easily done :D
  • Options
    GayAtheistGayAtheist Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I have won little amounts, I have been lucky to win £100 on an online scratchcard about 2 years ago. I have failed to replicate this luck again though!
  • Options
    keli77keli77 Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had a £100 & 2x £77 wins over the last couple of years
  • Options
    TUTV ViewerTUTV Viewer Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    This thread has reminded me that I forgot to buy a "lucky dip" for the main lottery this evening - so have just treated myself to a "£100,000 Purple".

Won £2

So spent another £1 on a "£100,000" purple.

Won £25

Spent the winnings on a lucky dip each Sat & Wed for the next 5 weeks and two lucky dips each Fri for the next 5 weeks.

Didn't cost me a penny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH the online basis is the thing I dont trust, I imagine it to be fixed and poorly regulated.

I do normal scratchies a couple a month, last month I won about £200 so that paid for my day out in the races!:D
  • Options
    rowanjelirowanjeli Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    mcal wrote: »
    Has anyone ever played any of the 'instant win' scratchcards on the National lottery site, and have they ever won anything substantial.
    I put my lottery on each week online and always feel obliged to buy a scratchcard. Any wins I have ever had have all been either £1 or £2 which just causes me to waste the win on another card.
    I have heard of people having big wins on the cards you can buy over the counter but have never heard of a big win using the online cards.
    I've had good 'wins' on them on Play for Fun, where it's free, but I suspect that would stop as soon as they got you paying.