Options

Nicole could actually be coming full circle tonight

LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's a phrase shes used quite a lot especially during her hiring for both X Factor US and UK, but if this weeks rumours are to be believed then Cheryl is on her way back and Nicole doesn't know if she'll be back.

What I mean is, when NIcole did her first stint back in 2010 and it was during the auditions at Manchester Central. She went down very well and stayed around for bootcamp, ended up on X Factor US but then it all went wrong. She ended up hated over there, got death threats and got a critical panning. When she joined the UK panel this year, there was hardly much excitement about it, people expected her to be boring after her US performance and during the auditions/bootcamp she was. Then the whole Rylan thing blew up at the start of the live shows and she was hardly popular.

But now she's managed to turn the public perception back around during the live shows, shes by far the most popular judge according to polls and shes the winning mentor. And my full circle point is that the show is back where Nicole's X Factor 'journey' began, so its a somewhat fitting end to her time on the show, if indeed she does go. It would be a huge shame if she did, but she'll be going out on a high.

Comments

• Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she goes before X Factor ruins her reputation like it has Tulisas this season.
  • Options
    konofiliuskonofilius Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she goes before X Factor ruins her reputation like it has Tulisas this season.

Well Tulisa has never had a reputation herself, hasn't she? And the sex tape scandal took off solely to her will. What X Factor did was giving her unfair exposure and fame which she did not deserve.
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It could be a good thing if tonight is her last night, as I put in my post, when she first joined in 2010 she got a very good reception but then it all went badly wrong in the year following. There is nothing stopping that happening again to her.

In many ways she could end up like Dannii. I wasn't particularly a fan but I know she is held in high regard on here and went out on a high after managing to turn the public perception around, and as such shes remembered as one of the best judges. If Nicole didn't return to X Factor UK for this series, she would have been remembered as one of the worst and part of the reason for the failure of X Factor US.
  • Options
    StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    It could be a good thing if tonight is her last night, as I put in my post, when she first joined in 2010 she got a very good reception but then it all went badly wrong in the year following. There is nothing stopping that happening again to her.

In many ways she could end up like Dannii. I wasn't particularly a fan but I know she is held in high regard on here and went out on a high after managing to turn the public perception around, and as such shes remembered as one of the best judges. If Nicole didn't return to X Factor UK, she would have been remembered as one of the worst and part of the reason for the failure of X Factor US.

Do we think Cheryl and nicole would agree to work together on next years show or not?!
  • Options
    bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes she should leave on a high and being the most popular judge. She's a briliant singer so maybe she'd get back into making more music.