Options

Cascada- Glorious

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
Forum Member
The Eurovision potential song has been released and to me i absolutely think its a winner.

Obviously Cascada are not yet representing Germany but i think they have a good chance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BL0RFQT2ys

Comments

• Options
    DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is going to do very well, if picked.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I like it and I think it has a good chance of getting picked. As I've said before, if Euphoria could get picked and end up winning the contest then I don't see why this song won't.
  • Options
    penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've been lucky the bigger name in the National Final are weak. I'm not convinced she will win the national final Germans have had such songs in the past in NFs and have never ever picked such a song.
  • Options
    JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just offer to represent the uk ?
    Surely the BBC would snap it up after the empledirk humperdink fiasco
  • Options
    penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    Why not just offer to represent the uk ?
    Surely the BBC would snap it up after the empledirk humperdink fiasco

As Germany has rebranded Eurovision after winning after a run off bad results. I suppose 3 top 10s in a row create a psycological comfort where in reality that won't matter.

Sophie Ellis Bexter was asked about Eurovision and she said Terry Wogan single handedly has made it impossible for any UK act that wants credibilty to enter despite the contest beginning to create songs that are more relevant to the real world.

We've had other acts offer their services to the BBC such as Morissey, Hurts, & Melua and others express an interest when asked in the forms of Mika, Mel C and Marina yet the BBC know best and prefer the likes of Pete Waterman, Blue and Engelbert Humperdink. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always liked Cascada and I can see this doing quite well, although the fact that it is very similar to Euphoria could have a bad reaction, similar to the song 'San Francisco' being similar to 'California Gurls'

not sure what has happened to be honest, always did eurodance and did ok, went different directions with 'Evacuate the Dancefloor' and hit #1 and have since not had a song in the top 40!

of course it is mostly to do with airplay and I think some of their songs since 'Evacuate the Dancefloor' would have done better with some airplay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live performance: http://youtu.be/3SUHM4GLf3Y?t=26s

Think it'll do very well in the competition and as a single!
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think it is a winner but should be a lock for a good top 10 finish:)
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was expecting something much better than Cascada's Natalie on Stars In Their Eyes as Loreen! :p
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I was expecting something much better than Cascada's Natalie on Stars In Their Eyes as Loreen! :p

It sounds nothing like Euphoria :rolleyes: and Cascada where doing this kind of music way before Loreen.
  • Options
    Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't like it.
  • Options
    FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    It sounds nothing like Euphoria :rolleyes: and Cascada where doing this kind of music way before Loreen.

For me, while Cascada have done that kind of music for years, Glorious follows a similar sort of pattern in terms of verse progression and chorus to Euphoria. In a way it's similar to Pokerface and Evacuate the Dancefloor but hey not the worse songs to emulate or be inspired from. But different opinions and all that.

Personally, l feel Margaret Berger - I Feed You My Love is the better song from what I've heard this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    So glad that cascada have been selected as the german entry for Eurovision
  • Options
    Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, l feel Margaret Berger - I Feed You My Love is the better song from what I've heard this year.

That's really the only song I like so far. Will be stunned if it doesn't get past the semi-final.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    It sounds nothing like Euphoria

OK, I only listened to it briefly the first time! I just think that the choice of track and artist is a blatant attempt to replicate Sweden's success.
  • Options
    pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if i like it or not, there is a part of it that to me tries too hard to sound like euphoria.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    OK, I only listened to it briefly the first time! I just think that the choice of track and artist is a blatant attempt to replicate Sweden's success.

Yes. By doing a dance song, but the song itself does not sound like euphoria.