Avoid London, it's full of Pakistanis,' Romanians warn fellow migrants

Comments

• swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Immigrant vs Immigrant showdown! :eek:
    Many would-be settlers criticise Britain, targeting the likes of Scotland, London and Liverpool, while insisting they do not want to live near Indians, Arabs, Chinese or black people.
    Really? I mean, really? That's near impossible to do these days.
    We're everywhere - LIKE ANTS!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL....I think it will be a culture shock for them.
    He added: “For those who want to settle there and do not need to work, I strongly recommend the countryside. Every hamlet in England is more *pleasant that the best resort in *Romania. Do not try to make friends because *English aren’t friendly.”
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few users on a chat forum are hardly representative of all Romanians.

The whole piece reads like anti-EU propaganda for UKIP, including comments from the party's home affairs spokesman. Trying to stoke up racial tensions.

I can't recall the Express or UKIP showing concerns about slurs against Indian / Pakistani / Black / Arab / Chinese people ever before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Bradford fans are just down for the day!
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Racism is rife in eastern Europe so hardly surprising.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Ignorant people say ignorant things on forum. More on this shocking revelation at 10!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where I live in London, its full of Chinese, with lots and lots of money!
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet pakistani wasn't the word they used.
  • n1guyn1guy Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laughable, the Romanians say that like we want them here in the first place.
  • tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    If that's how they feel, good. I'd rather have the Pakistanis round here than a load of Romanian gypsies and beggar children, which is what will happen. Just yesterday I was in town and already I could hear loads of people talking in what I thought was Polish, with Polish shops sprouting up everywhere selling tat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never been to London so can't comment, but around here, Pakistanis, Indian, Chinese all none whites we shall say have done nothing but good for the local community, they set up their own business, help the local economy etc etc, now what can I say about our eastern European friends? How have they benefited my local community? They have drove wages down, helped the rich become richer and poor poorer, I could go on. Non white races are not the issue with Britain at the moment.
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    I suspect stealth propaganda.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jan/27/uk-immigration-romania-bulgaria-ministers

Ministers consider launching negative ad campaign in two countries to persuade potential immigrants to stay away from UK
  • womer_ukwomer_uk Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    The Bradford fans are just down for the day!

Err, wrong ...

Even though Valley Parade is slap bang in their zone, you won't find one salwaar kamez wearer anywhere inside the ground.

The Pakistani "community" is simply not interested in either football or rugby league
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »
    I suspect stealth propaganda.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jan/27/uk-immigration-romania-bulgaria-ministers

Ministers consider launching negative ad campaign in two countries to persuade potential immigrants to stay away from UK

I find the whole situation quite ridiculous, That our own government cannot stop people it does not want here coming in.
  • skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treme wrote: »
    If that's how they feel, good. I'd rather have the Pakistanis round here than a load of Romanian gypsies and beggar children.

I agree. If push came to shove, I'd probably find it more bearable to be in a Pakistani zone than being hassled by Romanian gypos.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    womer_uk wrote: »
    Err, wrong ...

Even though Valley Parade is slap bang in their zone, you won't find one salwaar kamez wearer anywhere inside the ground.

The Pakistani "community" is simply not interested in either football or rugby league

This "Bradford City fan in a hijab" certainly is (and I heard her speaking on radio about how many of her friends are as well):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/news/9792081/Why-Bradford-City-fan-in-a-hijab-holds-key-to-the-games-future.html
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Can't they stay where they are and be racist abroad. Nobody is forcing them to arrive on our glorious shores. Ungrateful bar stewards.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    A few users on a chat forum are hardly representative of all Romanians.

Quite. You might as well do a piece on the UK based on Digital Spy and headline it "Brits ask: Do you like the smell of your own farts?"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    Quite. You might as well do a piece on the UK based on Digital Spy and headline it "Brits ask: Do you like the smell of your own farts?"

Well you can't beat your own brand. :D
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »

No doubt there is a thread on DS about that somewhere.
    n1guy wrote: »
    Well you can't beat your own brand. :D

Like Fat Bastard in one of the Austin Powers films.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This "Bradford City fan in a hijab" certainly is (and I heard her speaking on radio about how many of her friends are as well):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/news/9792081/Why-Bradford-City-fan-in-a-hijab-holds-key-to-the-games-future.html
    Exactly I know and have seen many football fans of Pakistani descent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treme wrote: »
    If that's how they feel, good. I'd rather have the Pakistanis round here than a load of Romanian gypsies and beggar children, which is what will happen. Just yesterday I was in town and already I could hear loads of people talking in what I thought was Polish, with Polish shops sprouting up everywhere selling tat.

You actually sound worse than the Romanians in the article.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I once visited a friend's Sikh family home to collect a scanner he borrowed off me. While I waited in the back of the living room, his father, brothers, sisters and grandmother crowded around TV, watching a football match. Very noisy. Reacted with groans, encouraging shouts, comments or mutters.

When I was leaving, the grandmother shouted, almost in despair, while waving her fist at TV: "What's matter with you, young man?" Sitting next to her, friend's mother looked at her, as if she wondered why she was related to her, and then looked at TV in a long-suffering way. :D It was so funny.
  • skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    womer_uk wrote: »
    Err, wrong ...

They interviewed some asian fans this morning on 5live, although I will concede the asian lads that follow BCAFC probably don't wear the salwaar kameez (baggy pants and long shirt) more likely 'designer' gear.

The asian community in Bradford are more into cricket, I think.
  • jaceylaceyjaceylacey Posts: 679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funniest thing I've read all week :D