Creepy Sam Dingle - Emmerdale

Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sam may have been OK when he was young as Simple Sam but now as he goes into middle age he is becoming distinctly creepy! :(

Comments

• Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam is a thief, a liar and a neglectful father; his character has become loathsome.
  • HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss Butch
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy is a bloody menace to society, always filling that poor kid’s head with rubbish and madcap ideas of running away.
    If little Samson doesn’t grow up to be a sadistic serial killer, I’ll eat my ruddy hat.
    Poor mite never stood a chance, he's already torturing insects I've heard.

Hey, and if all that wasn’t bad enough, Sam is now lifting folded from the family pot to phone sex lines where he’s calling some sleazy **** a “fat-egg” and tapping the side of his nose with glee.
    What kind of example is that to be setting?!
    It’s time the hostile lunatic was permanently imprisoned in a cage somewhere, where the rest of the villagers could taunt him on a daily basis whilst prodding him with sticks.

Poor little Samson will likely be deaf as a post by the age of twelve too, what with Lisa’s habit of standing a metre away whilst constantly bellowing down his eardrums.
    That lad should be put into immediate care whilst Lisa is subsequently beaten to death with large rocks.

Dingle law my eye.
    That’s Uncle Q’s ruddy law!
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As always, well said Uncle Q ! :D:D:D:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    awww, I like Sam, the poor guy just needs a break :)
  • BirdcageBirdcage Posts: 6,499
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    As always, well said Uncle Q ! :D:D:D:cool:

Indeed :D:D:D:p
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    JTSee2 wrote: »

I like him too :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JTSee2 wrote: »
    Agreed.........starting with his neck. :D:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy is a bloody menace to society, always filling that poor kid’s head with rubbish and madcap ideas of running away.
    If little Samson doesn’t grow up to be a sadistic serial killer, I’ll eat my ruddy hat.
    Poor mite never stood a chance, he's already torturing insects I've heard.

Hey, and if all that wasn’t bad enough, Sam is now lifting folded from the family pot to phone sex lines where he’s calling some sleazy **** a “fat-egg” and tapping the side of his nose with glee.
    What kind of example is that to be setting?!
    It’s time the hostile lunatic was permanently imprisoned in a cage somewhere, where the rest of the villagers could taunt him on a daily basis whilst prodding him with sticks.

Poor little Samson will likely be deaf as a post by the age of twelve too, what with Lisa’s habit of standing a metre away whilst constantly bellowing down his eardrums.
    That lad should be put into immediate care whilst Lisa is subsequently beaten to death with large rocks.

Dingle law my eye.
    That’s Uncle Q’s ruddy law!

Spot on, I'd say.
    Sam seems to have got over Rachel very quickly though doesn't he?
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    Spot on, I'd say.
    Sam seems to have got over Rachel very quickly though doesn't he?

Isn't he secretly seeing her though? Isn't that what his latest 'shiftiness' is about? I'm only surmising.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, people with mental impairment aren't cute when they age, are they?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Birdcage wrote: »
    Isn't he secretly seeing her though? Isn't that what his latest 'shiftiness' is about? I'm only surmising.
    No, he's seeing someone else, (The sister of one of Girls Aloud in fact)
    :)
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    No, he's seeing someone else, (The sister of one of Girls Aloud in fact)
    :)

Really!?? (I don't know how to do spoilers) - is she desperate??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is always so comforting to hear your words of wisdom, UQ; a calm oasis in a turbulent world.
  • HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NURSE..hes got loose again!
  • misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Sam is a very good character who unusually for soaps has not undergone a personality transplant! He has special needs and his character has stayed true to this. He sometimes makes unwise or ill thought out decisions, I think that's the while point of why he lives with Lisa and Zac - when his wife died were social services not involved as there was concern he could not cope with a baby? He may not be cute but he is credible.
    Forum Member
    I think Sam is a very good character who unusually for soaps has not undergone a personality transplant! He has special needs and his character has stayed true to this. He sometimes makes unwise or ill thought out decisions, I think that's the while point of why he lives with Lisa and Zac - when his wife died were social services not involved as there was concern he could not cope with a baby? He may not be cute but he is credible.

Actually, yes, that's a very good point. Particularly when so many characters morph into someone different.
  • Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes Sam comes out with wise words and straightforwards decency

but to have the viewer believe that a beautiful woman (Amy Walsh) would find him an attractive option to actually date (Sams track record of women.......Japanese girl, Alice, Rachel)............he also has a tendency to stalk (Kathy, Jo Sugden, Olena)

its nonsensical writing and putting two very unlikely characters together

might as well pair Priya with Ashley
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

but to have the viewer believe that a beautiful woman (Amy Walsh) would find him an attractive option to actually date (Sams track record of women.......Japanese girl, Alice, Rachel)............he also has a tendency to stalk (Kathy, Jo Sugden, Olena)

Its ridiculous , even as a scam I can't see that woman even being aware of Sam's existence. A truly , truly stupid idea.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor old Sam, his son is brighter than him
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As ludicrous as they'd be I'd probably find Ashley and Priya easier to swallow TBH.
    Justabloke wrote: »
    Its ridiculous , even as a scam I can't see that woman even being aware of Sam's existence. A truly , truly stupid idea.

I don't see what there is to scam though? They're supposed to have spoken about their lives and I can't see Sam having lied saying he was a captain of industry! Even if he did she now knows that's a pile of manure.

IMO she just seems to be using him as an escape from the life she has which makes a bit more sense I suppose than her fancying him or anything.

(I'd just like to say a 'bravo' to the actor who plays Sam though, he does a really good job.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the writing was comical last evening. Sam has run up a bill of over £1000 on his employers' phone by ringing sex chat lines; then he brings a sex worker to his employer and says "Can she live here, you've got lots of rooms' !! Zak needs to get a grip of Sam, literally.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I can gather hes just ringing for a chat to a female. He is not sat there stroking his tackle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    As ludicrous as they'd be I'd probably find Ashley and Priya easier to swallow TBH.

I don't see what there is to scam though? They're supposed to have spoken about their lives and I can't see Sam having lied saying he was a captain of industry! Even if he did she now knows that's a pile of manure.

IMO she just seems to be using him as an escape from the life she has which makes a bit more sense I suppose than her fancying him or anything.

(I'd just like to say a 'bravo' to the actor who plays Sam though, he does a really good job.)

BIB.. yeah I'd say that's a possibility but you can be sure Sam won't see it that way... really its just another old storyline being recycled.

TBF though they do appear to have found a Walsh with a modicum of talent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the writing was comical last evening. Sam has run up a bill of over £1000 on his employers' phone by ringing sex chat lines; then he brings a sex worker to his employer and says "Can she live here, you've got lots of rooms' !! Zak needs to get a grip of Sam, literally.

Spot on Janet.

R Sammy will be back at Home Farm tonight I expect, asking Declan to buy him a cottage, some fancy clothes and a nice car.

His well thought out reasoning will be ... "Well ... you've got loads of money and that."