• Options
    JamfocusJamfocus Posts: 7,024
    Forum Member
    Still 1969 :eek: :D
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That ginger boy needs some green base make up. He's always red.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit disappointing that was, not a patch on any ep from the last series. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No ***king penguins!! :mad::D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamfocus wrote:
    Still 1969 :eek: :D

yes I know, I was thinking that it should be at least 1974 by now!
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I can quite happily avoid his stand-up stuff, but this is very good.

Oh celeb spotting, just spotted Charlie Brooker in Clapham.

It's worse here than the backend of New Cross/Brockley for celebs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also confirmation that the new series starts on 20th January :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    oh my god the small clammy hands, i thought i was gonna die!
  • Options
    lebbon1985lebbon1985 Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    I didn't really enjoy tonights programme. Too much soap clips. It was like 95% soap material ( I dont watch soaps so there was no great appeal). There were a few funny moments but it was nothing compared to the last series where i would really laugh out loud throughout the programme. Hopefully the series which starts mid January is more varied on the material.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    graaceface wrote:
    oh my god the small clammy hands, i thought i was gonna die!
    Ah yes, forgot about that. It was the way he carried on talking afterwards when i think most people expected him to ditch them..the way they were wobbling about :D

I do agree though, for any newcomers out there TV burp is usually a lot funnier than this, but it still had quite a few good laughs i thought :)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait for his new series. I laughed out loud at some parts and Harry did well, but thought his material was a bit restricted with just being Christmas. Being Harryless for so long now, we've seen and glorified so many great clips we expected every second to be hilarious, which is probably unrealistic.
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like one of the posters above, I don't watch soaps so would have preferred if it wasn't all Soap clips...

Is there another Apprentice next year? His next season seems to tie up with the start of it and its normally very funny :)
  • Options
    xflarexflare Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too many soap clips? What else was there on over Christmas? lol
  • Options
    pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it (especially the mice in the alarm system and the dolphins moving in on the Street), but did think it was a bit Soap-heavy too.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Milky Joe wrote:
    No ***king penguins!! :mad::D:D

lol yeah that was funny! and the mice in the alarm system and the Britains strongest man references lol you push the bus! more like bus pass lolol and trying to pull the 'Enders cracker! that was some workout for Harry it looked like lol!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved him settling to the xmas dinner, all happy with the soap clips.... then the aftermath lol. plus his increasingly sleepy face during the Heartbeat story.... super stuff.

I'm not really a soap fan either, which is why I like it when he takes the mickey out of them!!!!

Just my opinion of course!! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont watch any of the British soaps but I found the jokes funny none the less... cheery ol' 'Enders and all of that lol yeah the Heartbeat story was 'fascinating' lol it must be 1969 forever in that show! haha we used to watch that but got bored after the first 5 years of the show, I think we figured by then that it was only going to be more of the same lol 10 years on... you get the picture lol!
  • Options
    paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent show tonight. :D I'll write some more later. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    I liked the montage of the 'happy' soap moments from Christmas, especially the guy off Eastenders' rant about Pauline :D
  • Options
    AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That dolphin thing had me in stitches!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdamDowds wrote:
    That dolphin thing had me in stitches!

dont forget a pound for the locker :D and the young dolphin who couldnt go as s/he had athletes fin :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had never watched this show before. For some reason I had it in my head that it was some sort of bastardized version of YOU'VE BEEN FRAMED. But I caught it tonight just by chance and I thought it was fantastic. Haven't laughed so much in ages. Can't wait for the new series!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    delboy85 wrote:
    I had never watched this show before. For some reason I had it in my head that it was some sort of bastardized version of YOU'VE BEEN FRAMED. But I caught it tonight just by chance and I thought it was fantastic. Haven't laughed so much in ages. Can't wait for the new series!!

Aw you've caught up pretty late... still I seem to remember hearing somewhere that there are quite alot of clips from previous series on YouTube, you might wanna have a look for them :) the show is great! really funny... I found it purely by chance as well after ER used to end at 11pm on channel 4 and I was still pretty awake so I turned to ITV1 one night and caught an episode of TV Burp as it used to be on late night at about 11:05pm... after one episode I knew I wanted to watch the whole series and when it started being shown on Saturday evenings, I got my parents to watch it and we're all hooked now lol! :D if it wasn't for Harry making fun of the Apprentice, I probably wouldn't have bothered watching it but after he showed clips for a few weeks on the trot, I decided I'd watch the show and ended up watching the whole series lol it wasnt as boring as I thought it would be and I kept noticing things thinking hmm I wonder if Harry will pick up on that, you could make a joke about that and so on lol I know, im kinda sad lol :o:p

I'm looking forward to the next series too :)