Options

The Grand Theft Auto V Thread

Comments

• Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm unsure if it's been mentioned but what forms of fast travel exist?
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taxi you can fast travel, but I read it may cost you extra to fast travel for some reason.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they brought back any of the odd jobs that were missing from GTA4, such as fire truck and ambulance side missions?
  • Options
    Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taxi you can fast travel, but I read it may cost you extra to fast travel for some reason.

it did in IV
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe ther to busy playing it

I said in the post that they're all still popping up in the usual online places.
  • Options
    KevELLKevELL Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Blizzards wrote: »
    My game and guide on Amazon UK is still "Not Yet Dispatched" - I ordered about 2 months ago.

Same with my order that was placed back in April.
    Amazon obviously don't process the orders on date received basis.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I received my dispatch email from Amazon this afternoon :)
  • Options
    sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you view your stats in game? If so, does it say how many missions there are?
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sparky07 wrote: »
    Can you view your stats in game? If so, does it say how many missions there are?

Both yes
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I don't want to inject any doubt or negativity into this thread but is anyone else concerned at the lack of pedestrians in some of the footage that's out there? Maybe it's because I've only watched very little leaked footage as I don't want to spoil anything but it seems he streets are pretty barren compared to GTA IV.

Yet I thought Rockstar confirmed there are like 4x the amount in GTA V? I understand corners have to be cut somewhere though, not moaning, I think it looks phenomenal regardless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Both yes

Cool, can you let me know how many missions please!
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sparky07 wrote: »
    Cool, can you let me know how many missions please!

I can
    69 main ones 42 activitys or what not I can't remember how many strangers etc though

There is a 100% completion checklist too
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    I'm unsure if it's been mentioned but what forms of fast travel exist?

The character switching is a kind of fast travel.
  • Options
    Gaz22Gaz22 Posts: 18,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they brought back any of the odd jobs that were missing from GTA4, such as fire truck and ambulance side missions?

Haven't been in a fire truck or ambulance yet but got the option to do taxi missions when I first entered a taxi.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks kendoguk.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    For anyone who happens to have the game, I have a question...

In GTA IV they offered you the chance to use the 'Classic' game controls from the pause menu. On PS3, this meant I could still accelerate using the X button instead of the R2 trigger. I was just wandering whether a classic control setup is still available on GTA5. :)
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was waiting for someone to say this, but do you realise that there will be adults crying on 17th September when it comes through their door?

That's just sad.
  • Options
    Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    So you don't have to frequently drive your fat, annoying brother around and play pool with him?
    Not so far, no! :D
    How do the vehicles handle?
    So much better than 4, this was one of my bigger concerns going in, but it's a vast improvement. There's also a feature I wasn't expecting but really appreciate, which is the option to choose between having a higher or lower camera view when driving, I've felt the camera has been set far too low ever since SA so this was a welcome option.
  • Options
    Gaz22Gaz22 Posts: 18,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For anyone who happens to have the game, I have a question...

In GTA IV they offered you the chance to use the 'Classic' game controls from the pause menu. On PS3, this meant I could still accelerate using the X button instead of the R2 trigger. I was just wandering whether a classic control setup is still available on GTA5. :)

I've looked around in the settings and haven't found that option. Maybe it's hidden deeper somewhere but I can't see it.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So much better than 4, this was one of my bigger concerns going in, but it's a vast improvement. There's also a feature I wasn't expecting but really appreciate, which is the option to choose between having a higher or lower camera view when driving, I've felt the camera has been set far too low ever since SA so this was a welcome option.

That is music to my ears. I so want to love GTA, but the vehicle handling in 4 completely destroyed the whole game for me.
  • Options
    KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How have so many people got the game early?
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Gaz22 wrote: »
    I've looked around in the settings and haven't found that option. Maybe it's hidden deeper somewhere but I can't see it.

Well thanks all the same for looking. :)

I imagined it would be phased out, given it wasn't the primary set up for GTA IV and it was absent altogether in LA Noire.

I guess I'll just have to learn to adapt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    KevELL wrote: »
    Same with my order that was placed back in April.
    Amazon obviously don't process the orders on date received basis.

What kind of delivery did you select?

I am on Amazon Prime (One Day Delivery) and have been told that my game & guide will be dispatched tomorrow - 16/09/13 for delivery (via courier presumably) on release day 17/09/13 - fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone who has the PS3 version confirm whether or not you can play your own music during the game?
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone who has the PS3 version confirm whether or not you can play your own music during the game?

Yeah, that is something I really miss from the previous PC versions. I put together a big selections of 80s tunes especially for playing in Vice City! It would be nice to have the ability to create your own radio station again.

BTW, thanks for the info, Thunder Lips... all sounds very good