Coronation Street - that was EMOTIONAL! Goodbye Hayley :(

jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
Forum Member
I cried watching Hayley's last scenes and it was very emotional. Julie and David were phenomenal.

Goodbye Hayley :(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    I blubbed. T'was sad.
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    One of the best ever Soap episodes ever, I even thought I would get teary at one point.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    just finished crying. it was the drink part which hit me.
  • Hootie19Hootie19 Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised to see all the negative threads and comments on here. I thought it was very emotional.

And tasteful. right up until foghorn Carla busted in on their special private moment.

But I cried. And I NEVER cry at soaps. NEVER
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    I cried :cry: it was seeing Roy's tears that set me off, Roy and Hayley were phenomenal...off to get a brandy and to pull myself together :cry::cry:
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seeing roy holding her on the bed did it for me
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cried... Thought David Neilson carried the whole thing. He was magnificent.
  • David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The closeup on Roy at the end got me. Brilliantly understated performance from David Neilson.
  • kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    That was a heartbreaking episode which had me in tears. The Tyrone and Carla interruptions annoyed me. I thought it unnecessary and that they spoilt Hayley's last scenes.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrWoodySir wrote: »
    One of the best ever Soap episodes ever, I even thought I would get teary at one point.

I really was underwhelmed, the blackpool episode a few months ago was far better.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Started crying when they played Vaughn Williams. My Mum had this at her funeral.
    Excellent acting and very emotional indeed.
    Well done Corrie and goodbye Hayley xx
  • kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    The closeup on Roy at the end got me. Brilliantly understated performance from David Neilson.

Agree. When Hayley was talking to him he looked terrified, was the emotion is his eyes.