Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I brought a new sky remote because mine broke but there's something loose in there, it's making a really annoying rattle.
  • Options
    hobbleithobbleit Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    I'm slightly irritated when people don't credit, tag or caption random images.

Take this photo of a male musician from the 1960s as an example. I thought it might be Gram Parsons and a colleague disagreed, but we still don't know who's right. We know it's a musician as we've seen him before, but who? The person who uploaded that image didn't put up any details. So irritating.

Same with animated gifs and screen captures of films. Nothing drives me crazier than recognising the image but don't remember which film it's from. Like this one with Audrey Hepburn.

Looks like Dave Gilmour to me.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eBay buyers that message asking what the buy it now price is even though it's on the ad.
    Also buyers asking what's the price I'll take for it even though there is the option to make an offer on the ad. Clearly I want the advertised price however I'll consider an offer below that if it's not silly so make a flaming offer instead of messaging me to give you a lower price.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,593
    Forum Member
    People who start threads with titles like --have you ever been to France before? Before what?

I know - that's what I always think too! Glad someone else shares my annoyance...
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also buyers asking what's the price I'll take for it even though there is the option to make an offer on the ad.
    Methinks they must be newbies to this "make an offer" option.
    As was I until a couple of days ago, but (unlike them) I had the foresight, the ingenuity, the gumption, the awe inspiring cleverness to google first and found a right useful "so this is how this works" page. The item was on sale for £10, had it NOT had the m.a.o option I'da £10 it right away, but as it did -> £5 woulda been taking the piss, so I offered £8 and the guy accepted it a few hours later, big thumps up to me and my £2 saving. :p
    Of course they might just be dicks. >:(
  • Options
    KikiDafuqKikiDafuq Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    People referring to paedophiles and other depraved criminals as "animals". They are 100% human as far as I can see and no animal would ever behave like that.

The noises made by amateur football teams on the football pitches near me. All that swearing and yelling disturbs my sense of peace at the weekend.

Women obsessed with their breasts.

People adding a (null) comment to Daily Mail Online articles.
  • Options
    KikiDafuqKikiDafuq Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    hobbleit wrote: »
    Looks like Dave Gilmour to me.

It is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Methinks they must be newbies to this "make an offer" option.
    As was I until a couple of days ago, but (unlike them) I had the foresight, the ingenuity, the gumption, the awe inspiring cleverness to google first and found a right useful "so this is how this works" page. The item was on sale for £10, had it NOT had the m.a.o option I'da £10 it right away, but as it did -> £5 woulda been taking the piss, so I offered £8 and the guy accepted it a few hours later, big thumps up to me and my £2 saving. :p
    Of course they might just be dicks. >:(

That's where the annoying part comes in.
    They're clearly not "newbies", they're just dicks trying to get you to flog it to them for the lowest price possible.
  • Options
    EuanMebabeEuanMebabe Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Workplace cafeterias/canteens that are now called stupid names like "Pit Stop" or "Fuel". >:(

FFS, I'm not a bloody car!
  • Options
    alycidonalycidon Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KikiDafuq wrote: »
    People referring to paedophiles and other depraved criminals as "animals". They are 100% human as far as I can see and no animal would ever behave like that.

The noises made by amateur football teams on the football pitches near me. All that swearing and yelling disturbs my sense of peace at the weekend. .

Yes. And shinty players as well. We are a good 300 yards from the pitch and we hear it loud and clear. Can't they play quietly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's where the annoying part comes in.
    They're clearly not "newbies", they're just dicks trying to get you to flog it to them for the lowest price possible.
    What's worse is they're lazy dicks, cos dicks would make an offer of £1, then £2, then £3 etc etc for an item with "starting bid of £100". They're worse cos they can't even be bothered to do that. :sheesh:
    Guess eBay haven't yet provided sellers with a "go fk yourself" response button for such people. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    What's worse is they're lazy dicks, cos dicks would make an offer of £1, then £2, then £3 etc etc for an item with "starting bid of £100". They're worse cos they can't even be bothered to do that. :sheesh:
    Guess eBay haven't yet provided sellers with a "go fk yourself" response button for such people. :p

On something being advertised for £100 I'd decline any offers of £60 and below as offering close to half price is taking the pee. £70 I'd consider but probably counter with £80.
    £80 would get strong consideration but £90 would guarantee a sale.

Even more annoying can be the jerks that try to convince you that your price is way too high and it should be a lot lower.

One guy sent several messages saying he'd seen the item elsewhere at the price he was offering so he thought it was only fair I sold it to him at the same price. My response was "That's great! Then you'll be buying it from the other place and not be wasting my time then! Everyone's happy!"
    Joker.
  • Options
    JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FOX news (not that I watch it, just aware of it through rustyrockets) particularly Greg Gutfeld and his cronies, Sean Hannity and Captain asshole himself Bill O'reilly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People Who Write Their Posts With Every Word Starting With A Capital Like This.
  • Options
    Duffman2000Duffman2000 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EuanMebabe wrote: »
    Workplace cafeterias/canteens that are now called stupid names like "Pit Stop" or "Fuel". >:(

FFS, I'm not a bloody car!

Or when they say, "Come and recharge"! :mad:
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Having to wait 30 mins from taking my serrapeptase to taking my raspberry ketone then having to wait another 30-60 mins before I can have something to eat
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    People Who Write Their Posts With Every Word Starting With A Capital Like This.

Yea, I Hate That Too :D

and who sign their name like this

Orangemaid
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who put celebrity names in a thread title. Usually when they do something bad happens like they kicked the bucket or something. :o
    Orangemaid wrote: »

Orangemaid

Fair point. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An eBay item with a buy-it-now price of £3.50 (it's an old rare comic) that has a "best offer" option.
    Who the heck would look at the price, rub their chins and think to themselves, "oooh, I want it but at £3.50 that's just tooo darn expensive", then offers something like £2 ?
    The seller is offering free P+P so at £3.50 he's kinda just breaking even, so why have that "best offer" option there..... maybe something things are just not meant to be understood.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you're trying to think of a name of something but for the life of me can't remember.
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This doesn't annoy me intensely, but it mildly peeves me.
    When I buy something using a debit or credit card, I keep the credit slip until I see an online statement, then I check that I haven't been billed £200 for a £100 restaurant bill, or £90 for a £80 shirt, you get the picture, I then shred the slips.
    My wife however, will put the slips on the fridge with a magnet, never checking them against a statement, then when the fridge doors are needing space, she'll take the slips off and put them in the recycling box with other bits of paper.
    Granted the slips don't have her complete card numbers, but I feel that checking then shredding is the safer option.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T...Granted the slips don't have her complete card numbers, but I feel that checking then shredding is the safer option.
    I have the distinct feeling that some receipts show the first bunch of digits but blank out the rest and the others show the last bunch of digits but blank out the first, so all the baddies need to do is find enough receipts and they can cobble together your details and fk your bank balance silly >:( - I could be mistaken though. :blush:
    Also, shredding is really REALLY fun :) and could only be made more funner if afterwards you could turn yourself into a hamster and then rummage around in the shreddings. :p
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »

Orangemaid

Agree with this, Even more annoying when they are the only person replying to a thread or they are posting multiple times in the same thread
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that every Captain America: The Winter Soldier Blu-ray/DVD comes with a pack of Hero Attax trading cards, but nowhere in Peterborough seems to sell the binder for them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    People just dawdling along on pavements etc..i know you got time to dawdle, but i want to get somewhere or catch the bus...Erughhh
This discussion has been closed.