Does PS4 Wins 2014?

Callum_Preciou2Callum_Preciou2 Posts: 144
Forum Member
Does anyone know that PlayStation4 wins 2014 this year?

Comments

• fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you mean by "wins"??

If you mean the most sold, then yes, PS4 wins.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Customer satisfaction then no. That's not fair, pre-driveclub, then another yes.

Edit: Well actually I'm talking outta my ass, MS win in the satisfaction stakes, they seem to be bowing to every consumer whim just now.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil Spencer has done a lot of good for MS / XO.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Customer satisfaction then no. That's not fair, pre-driveclub, then another yes.

Edit: Well actually I'm talking outta my ass, MS win in the satisfaction stakes, they seem to be bowing to every consumer whim just now.

Do you have a link to an actual customer satisfaction survey or are you just guessing?

MS haven't exactly had the best of year, they ditched kinect and annoyed many people who already paid for it.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I think in some ways Sony wins and in others MS wins.

Sony are winning the sales race but I would agree that people are more happy with MS than Sony, especially in the latter half of the year.

There's loads of factors to consider. Could the OP be more specific about the parameters which determine the win ? Or was he leaving it as vague as possible to try and cause an argument ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know that PlayStation4 wins 2014 this year?

In English?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Do you have a link to an actual customer satisfaction survey or are you just guessing?

MS haven't exactly had the best of year, they ditched kinect and annoyed many people who already paid for it.

No link, I was jesting at their current upgrade policy of, you tell us what you want and we'll do it, I couldn't say for sure if its satisfying for their consumers or not, but I'm guessing it don't do any harm.

What ever else they do, like you say dropping kinect, probably goes some way to annoying some customers, but I think the general consensus on that is, good riddence
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    I personally think Sony need to sort out the mess that is PSN+ on the PS4. We were promised Drive Club nearly a year ago, still not arrived. While I'm all for indi titles, I don't want them every month. Knack should of been on PSN months ago (Japan got it for free), followed by Kill Zone and Black Flag, would be nice to see this on PSN before the release of Unity.

So in those terms no I think Sony have dropped the ball and are sitting on their laurels. As a good gaming machine, I think they've got this round won, and it will take a miracle for Xbox to make head way against the PS4. Titan Fall just didn't really do it, maybe Halo will.
  • geemonkeegeemonkee Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll have a better idea in the next couple of days (i.e. how well the much anticipated FW 2.0 is received). For example if it turns out to be a disappointing bug-ridden brick-fest....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No link, I was jesting at their current upgrade policy of, you tell us what you want and we'll do it, I couldn't say for sure if its satisfying for their consumers or not, but I'm guessing it don't do any harm.

What ever else they do, like you say dropping kinect, probably goes some way to annoying some customers, but I think the general consensus on that is, good riddence

I think those who didn't buy an XB1 at launch will be happy of the MS ditching Kinect and lowering the price but the rest who got it at launch and paid extra for something that is little more than a paperweight now must be a tad annoying.

Going by sales figures I think we all win as the media would have us think that home consoles are dying because of mobile gaming on Android and iOS.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Win what? I dont understand the question :confused:
    Going by sales figures I think we all win as the media would have us think that home consoles are dying because of mobile gaming on Android and iOS.

That's because the media don't seem to realise that a lot of mobile gamers were never console gamers. Most of the console gamers I know who play mobile games (Most of them) do so casually and as time wasters, the people who play mobile game seriously all seem to have come over from Facebook web games, office solitaire / minesweeper or the Wii. I don't think I know anyone who was a big PS/XB gamer last generation that has become a serious tablet / phone gamer, they all want (Or have) the next version of those consoles.

I will say though because of my phone I will probably never buy a handheld gaming machine again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never understood this notion that mobile gaming is killing the consoles, with fiddly touch screen controls and tiny screens, it suits games such as Angry Birds that only require simple input from the gamer but anything more complex I would just find to fiddly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    I will say though because of my phone I will probably never buy a handheld gaming machine again.

I think many people feel this way which is a shame as playing a game on the Vita or 3DS is far superior to any mobile phone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Phil Spencer has done a lot of good for MS / XO.

You have to remember he was there for the bad stuff too. He still has a lot to prove. They need to be more proactive for long term success. Reactionary tactics won't cut it for long.
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about winning and losing but in terms of performance throughout the year....

Sony wins on sales, quite easily and seemingly without really trying. They seem to have the edge on the hardware too.

Microsoft wins on software in my opinion - both in terms of OS updates and exclusive games. For the first time I am looking with envy at the xbox line up (god damn you Insomniac.....) I have been impressed with how reactive they have been to customer demands too.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me personally, yes by a mile.
    I never use my XBone really.

ETA: others will no doubt be the opposite.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO ... Sony might win on a hardware level but Microsoft are in another league entirely regarding exclusives / OS updates / listening to customers etc etc :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    IMO ... Sony might win on a hardware level but Microsoft are in another league entirely regarding exclusives / OS updates / listening to customers etc etc :)

I don't get the love for the exclusives.
    Titanfail was a fail.
    Forza and FH2 were ok.
    DR3 is not my cup of tea.
    Ryse was good.
    Sunset Overdrive is again not my thing.

So basically Ryse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Apart from Forza what other exclusives do you refer to?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from Forza what other exclusives do you refer to?

I recently completed DeadRising3 / RYSE and enjoyed em more then anything I've played on my PS4! :blush:

(& I'm really looking forward to playing Forza2 & Sunset Overdrive when I eventually get around to em aswell!) :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think shareplay could be an absolute winner. It's a fantastic idea. I'd rather this than a media player.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recently completed DeadRising3 / RYSE and enjoyed em more then anything I've played on my PS4! :blush:

(& I'm really looking forward to playing Forza2 & Sunset Overdrive when I eventually get around to em aswell!) :)

That's very subjective though and definitely not "in another league entirely" like you say.

For example Rise got a metacritic score of 60 and DeadRising 3 a score of 78 which is both lower than Infamous Second Son which got a score of 80.

Also its worth mentioning that neither of those games are exclusive to the Xbox One as both are available on the PC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's very subjective though and definitely not "in another league entirely" like you say.

For example Rise got a metacritic score of 60 and DeadRising 3 a score of 78 which is both lower than Infamous Second Son which got a score of 80.

Also its worth mentioning that neither of those games are exclusive to the Xbox One as both are available on the PC.

I'm not bothered about reviews (too biased & rigged imo) I'm talking about my personal preference.... They are **in another league** as far as I'm concerned & I've bought / played all the PS4 exclusives! ... Nowt compares! ;-)

Hurry up tombraider!!! :cool: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    I think shareplay could be an absolute winner. It's a fantastic idea. I'd rather this than a media player.

Id rather have the media player tbh! 👍 ... I bet shareplay will be next on microsofts firmware agenda tho! 😉
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My concern with MS is that so many of their exclusives have been secured by waving their cash about. They don't innovate and create new experiences in the way that Sony does.

Don't get me wrong, a good exclusive is still a good exclusive and not to be dismissed, but in terms of diversity and new experiences I think PlayStation will be the place to be in the longer term.