Just imagine if Only The Young ended up winning!

StubeStube Posts: 16,831
Forum Member
✭✭
I know it's most likely not going to happen but how refreshing would it be for another group to win it (a mixed group at that) who have been in the bottom two early on and weren't manufactured by the judges/producers? Plus they have been one of the most fun acts this year. I really hope their support grows and grows.

Comments

• jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well in my view that would be the death nail for the show.
  • shraineshraine Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, it wouldnt surprise me. I really hope they do. I say OTY & Ben Final
  • NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They don't have a chance. It would be great for the show but it's never going to happen.

And I'm not sure it would do Only The Young any good.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    Hopefully :)
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    To be fair they have just as much chance as anyone :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    It would be an embarrassment for the UK. Imagine other countries looking to see who won the UK X Factor 2014 and it was OTY :(

I agree, it would be the end....no more X Factor after that!
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I'd love it if they did.

Actually, if they go out there and just do an amazing vocal performance without putting on the show they usually do, their chances will probably skyrocket.
    Forum Member
    It would be an embarrassment for the UK. Imagine other countries looking to see who won the UK X Factor 2014 and it was OTY :(

I agree, it would be the end....no more X Factor after that!

How would them winning be so bad? they can sing, are one of the few marketable acts that are in the competition and could do well.
    Forum Member
    Bad? - Because there are 2 girls and 2 guys that have nothing special about them dancing about like idiots!

Seriously.....if you gave me a week i could put an ad in a paper and get 4 individuals just as good, if not better and create a band just as good if not better.......

Are we actually saying that in 2014 this is the best act in the whole of the UK? Are you having a laugh???

It doesn't really matter anyway, they're about 33/1 with the bookies which when you put it in perspective is about as much chance as Crawley Town beating Manchester United at Old Trafford.....it ain't gonna happen :)
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Bad? - Because there are 2 girls and 2 guys that have nothing special about them dancing about like idiots!

Seriously.....if you gave me a week i could put an ad in a paper and get 4 individuals just as good, if not better and create a band just as good if not better.......

Are we actually saying that in 2014 this is the best act in the whole of the UK? Are you having a laugh???

It doesn't really matter anyway, they're about 33/1 with the bookies which when you put it in perspective is about as much chance as Crawley Town beating Manchester United at Old Trafford.....it ain't gonna happen :)

if you went regularly to any of the well known live music venues in most big towns or cities in the UK you would find acts with more ability, creativity and talent than any of the contestants on x factor tbh

not directed at you , but to me that's the biggest problem with this forum , a lot of posters actually believe being on x factor and doing well equals quality when in reality they are just above average karaoke singers on a reality tv show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love that !!Would be a great change from boring winners,they are young,fun and can actually sing. They prob wont but could make the final.
  • Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im imagining
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    if you went regularly to any of the well known live music venues in most big towns or cities in the UK you would find acts with more ability, creativity and talent than any of the contestants on x factor tbh

not directed at you , but to me that's the biggest problem with this forum , a lot of posters actually believe being on x factor and doing well equals quality when in reality they are just above average karaoke singers on a reality tv show

Totally agree
    Forum Member

Seeing as you have such strong and quite vitriolic views on them, which act are you supporting? As really other than OTY the only other act I'd like to see triumph over them as Fleur.

I would say of the 16 acts which made it to the final OTY are the best for me - however how many 1000's auditioned for the producers that didn't even make it onto the screens. Seriously, you're acting like this is a proper contest or something.

As at least both acts have in some way been entertaining and deviated from the shockingly bad norm of slowed down fast song or boring ballad.
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, because the alternatives are credible recording artists, aren't they?
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is The X Factor forum. Obviously we're going to judge the contestants and compare them within the realms of the show. I think everyone is aware of the fact that there are big music scenes around the UK thank you - no need to patronise. The funny thing is a lot of X Factor contestants (and auditionees) have come from the live music circuit but I guess anyone who goes on XF is tarred with the "karaoke singer" brush.
    Forum Member
    Well of course they're not credible recording artists....hence the reason they are on X Factor :p

I just don't see the fascination with all this "high School Musical" nonsense which to me is just a money making tool and there are so many that fall for it. do you think Mr Cowell is thinking i really like OTY, i could make a great album with them or is he just seeing the pound signs and as soon as people lose interest they will get dropped.
    Forum Member
    Stube wrote: »
    This is The X Factor forum. Obviously we're going to judge the contestants and compare them within the realms of the show. I think everyone is aware of the fact that there are big music scenes around the UK thank you - no need to patronise. The funny thing is a lot of X Factor contestants (and auditionees) have come from the live music circuit but I guess anyone who goes on XF is tarred with the "karaoke singer" brush.

some people on here deserve to be patronised tbh as they do make comments on acts and how well they will do outside the show with apparently very little idea of the standard of music that is out there

its not me that's describing people on the show as "visionarys" or "future global superstars" etc etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    some people on here deserve to be patronised tbh as they do make comments on acts and how well they will do outside the show with apparently very little idea of the standard of music that is out there

its not me that's describing people on the show as "visionarys" or "future global superstars" etc etc

The only OTT description I hear on the show is "worldwide recording artist" which isn't exactly that OTT since One Direction, Olly Murs, Leona Lewis, Rebecca Ferguson, Cher Lloyd, Little Mix and Ella Henderson have all had various degrees of success in America and other territories.

I'm sure during Olly's year, many would've doubted on here his commercial potential since he seemed extremely average on the show as well as having a mediocre voice.

No one is claiming that Fleur is Tina Turner and Only The Young are The Mamas & The Papas, but to degrade what they do have going for them just because they are on The X Factor just comes across as really snobby. It's like the kind of people who try to degrade Leona's talents just because she's from the show despite her clearly being one of the best vocalists (maybe even the best) of her generation.
    Forum Member
    The only OTT description I hear on the show is "worldwide recording artist"

i'm not talking about on the show , I am talking about what people say on these forums which is what my initial comment said
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm not talking about on the show , I am talking about what people say on these forums which is what my initial comment said

Well I've not seen any talk about that on here. Maybe I've been looking in different threads to you. :D
    Forum Member
    Well I've not seen any talk about that on here. Maybe I've been looking in different threads to you. :D

you are lucky then ;-)
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love it if they won, as we have never had a boy / girl group win before. Over the years we have had Women winners that can belt out songs, Male winners that have been axed quicker than a program on Fox, and a girl group. OTY get my vote each week & will continue to do so, while they are in the competition. :)
    Forum Member
    I would love it if they won, as we have never had a boy / girl group win before. Over the years we have had Women winners that can belt out songs, Male winners that have been axed quicker than a program on Fox, and a girl group. OTY get my vote each week & will continue to do so, while they are in the competition. :)

And who gets your votes when they go out in a couple of weeks?;-)
  • JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally don't think they deserve to. Their singing is poor, their performances are amateurish and cheesy, and the main male singer always seems miserable (and forgot his words this week).

I do agree that it would be quite refreshing for a slightly more unconventional act, like OTY, to win the show. I just wish they were better.