Options

Brookie Actress "Anna Keaveney" Dies

LiverpoolFCGirlLiverpoolFCGirl Posts: 15,506
Forum Member
✭✭
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4033039.stm

Never personally watched Brookie, but just thought I would pay my respects and some Brookie fans may like to do the same. :)

Comments

• Options
    looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'Free George Jackson' storyline was always one of my favourite in Brookie history.

Whenever I've seen her in other things, I've still thought of her as Marie Jackson.

Very sad
  • Options
    torreviejaladstorreviejalads Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the massive stand up fight she had with Sheila Grant out on the close. That was one of my fav. TV moments EVER.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    That's very sad, and she was no age at all. I remember her so well as Marie Jackson, she was there during my favourite Brookie period, I can still remember the utter shock when George Jackson got found guilty.

Condolences to her friends and family.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    I remember the massive stand up fight she had with Sheila Grant out on the close. That was one of my fav. TV moments EVER.
    It was brilliant wasn't it - I have it on tape somewhere!

55 is far too young to die :mad:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember really fancying her sister Petra, who disappeared after she found her husband Gavin dead beside her in the first episode of Brookie. Gavin had an assortment of doors and cookers on his front lawn in the new estate. George Jackson was the fireman, who inadvertently helped Tommy McArdle (hardest man in Liverpool) get the information on a poorly secured cigarette warehouse, which was subsequently robbed. At the time it seemed a blessing for George to get time away from Marie Jackson.

Rudi
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That’s very sad- she was a great actress. I didn’t watch Brookside during the time she was in it but a few years ago they did a one off about #10 being a house of horror and Anna was interviewed . They also showed clips from early episodes when she was fighting with Barry and Sheila Grant and it looked very good- certainly far better than what Brookside later became.
    She had a minor role in The 51st State- she played the guys mother and she was in Shirley Valentine- she played Jeanette and the guy who played her husband also played the husband in Rita Sue and Bob Too- another great movie.
    Terrible pity.
  • Options
    torreviejaladstorreviejalads Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote:
    It was brilliant wasn't it - I have it on tape somewhere!

55 is far too young to die :mad:

I had it too - on Betamax. She played a great part.

You can actually download loads of brookside clips here though there's none from the Sheila/Maria years :(