LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 28)

Comments

• Inge JonesInge Jones Posts: 11,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick I am sick of the same jokes every single show you do.
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They just run a public service ad advising us how to keep warm in winter. :confused:
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    They just run a public service ad advising us how to keep warm in winter. :confused:

LBC have lost the plot.
  • radioviewerradioviewer Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously, LBC management disagreed.

And they replaced James Whale with someone camper than a row of tents too....
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    Great minds think alike and fools seldom differ. :D:p

What did you think of O'Brien?

You obviously class yourself in the latter category;-)

I like JO'B in doses. A lot depends on the subject he is talking about. I like the way he manages to bring a different perspective to topics.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Inge Jones wrote: »
    I wasn't keen on James Whale on drivetime. I think I remember enjoying him once, but either he had changed, I had changed, or the show was just different, but he was coming across as the cluckiest biddy of the clucky biddies on the "kids of today" type moaning.

He's a night time presenter, or ironically a breakfast show presenter and has done breakfast at many many stations over the years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was visiting but wondered whether it was worth coming home.
    I have a dilemma. I don't want to be burned and I don't want to be buried.
    Unless there's an acceptable alternative, I'm not going! :D

Get stuffed !!!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe 15 years ago when he did a late night show which could be entertaining, but drive time was dull.

LBC management showed their ineptitude by getting rid of Whale, knowing full well this con trick of "leading Britain's conversation" was on the horizon, as he would have been perfect for that night time slot - and had a ready audience ready and willing to welcome him back.
    Instead we have the ineffective Iain Dale (unless of course you are elderly protester), a bored Bull and a barmy Barkes. No clarity to the schedule at all.
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :);-)

Now there's a thought! :)
    Forum Member
    Oh god, bloke on now constantly overtalking Nick, giving me a blimming headache......I wish Nick would just talk by himself.
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone persuaded by the British Gas ad' to want control their heating when away from home? Lame ad' for a lame product?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

You didn't answer my earlier question. >:(:p

BTW some may have noticed I have returned to foaming full time! :o:blush::D
  • TragicDoggieTragicDoggie Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply options, it gets down to brass tacks. I'll tick box no: 4. I haven't gone for numero 5, because James Whale is earthy, a good quality. However in later years and on drive time his outlook became too draconian and inflexible. Simply outdated imo.

PS. Am I losing the plot here, not unknown :blush::D. Don't you mean "I strongly Agree (not Disagree) as IMO Iain Dale is doing a better job......" ? :confused:

Oops, Yes Cayce I did mean it the way you mention, I can only put my mistake down to a 'Senior Moment' ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone persuaded by the British Gas ad' to want control their heating when away from home? Lame ad' for a lame product?

Hi-Viz :D

No, not I. If British Gas were the only energy supplier in the UK I would rather burn candles.

That is an indication of how much I detest British Gas >:(
    Forum Member

No. Stupid ad, stupid gadget.

And my heating won't be going on for at least 6 months!
  • RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I really hate it, gets on a lot of people's nerves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. Stupid ad, stupid gadget.

And my heating won't be going on for at least 6 months!
    Redunited wrote: »
    I really hate it, gets on a lot of people's nerves.

Indeed. :(

LBC voting poll here:

Poll: Who Will You Vote For In General Election?

http://www.lbc.co.uk/poll-who-will-you-vote-for-in-general-election-2015-90068#poll-result-307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. :(

LBC voting poll here:

As NA said last night the poll has been 'knobbled'. There is absolutely no way those results can be a true reflection.

Surprised there isn't a box for the Monster Raving Loony Party !
  • Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had to turn of Nick Abbott who's usually one of my favourite presenters but he's whinging on about the privileged life the Queen leads yet AGAIN! We've heard it all from him at least a dozen times before and it's so boring.
  • clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nice tune though.
  • Inge JonesInge Jones Posts: 11,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh! The excitement - a new sound effect!!! :D Now he just needs to swap out some of the old ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Ken Tun wrote: »
    Just had to turn of Nick Abbott who's usually one of my favourite presenters but he's whinging on about the privileged life the Queen leads yet AGAIN! We've heard it all from him at least a dozen times before and it's so boring.

...and its only been for about 2 minutes in a so far 100 minute show :o
  • RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No callers come on phone nick abbot.
  • FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi-Viz :D

No, not I. If British Gas were the only energy supplier in the UK I would rather burn candles.

That is an indication of how much I detest British Gas >:(
    If I was a British Gas customer I would switch to another supplier purely down to their moronic adverts alone. I've not heard any other energy company perpetually advertise 365 days a year on radio at least, which just shows how desperate BG must be at their dwindling customer base.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FrankBT wrote: »
    If I was already a British Gas customer I would switch to another supplier purely down to their moronic adverts alone. I've not heard any other energy company perpetually advertise on radio at least, which just shows how desperate BG must be at their dwindling customer base.

BG desperate, Oh I do hope so.

I was a customer about 20 years ago and the customer service was shocking. So much so that I would never go back to them.

I would be very pleased if they went out of business but I guess that is just one of my pipe dreams.
This discussion has been closed.