✭✭
    CGG_12 wrote: »
    After womens match at 1

So in or around 3ish most likely!

Thanks very much! I appreciate it.
  • Options
    CGG_12CGG_12 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    Wawrinka surprising me here. never really rate him on grass but he's cruising v Istomin

The latter is so disappointing against the big guns :(
    tally wrote: »
    I think it's for the atmosphere and the chance to be nearly there. Sort of why boxing fans and footballers migrate to the pub to watch big matches.
    Plus there's always a chance you get to see some live tennis later on.

Exactly. many countries will be littered with big screens on streets during the World Cup for example with thousands watching. Atmosphere is a huge part in it!
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaccobabe wrote: »
    Jankovic...

I met her at the WTA Party 10 days ago. Her dress was OK, but her make-up... OMG. She looked like Cruella De Vil or something...

I think as she has got older her severe hairstyle dress and makeup is a bit scary. :D I have always liked her, she is such a trouper . Always there but never quite getting over the final hurdle.

I had hoped for better from Wozniaki. She looked so positive and motivated after the break up, tho to be fair her opponent looks good.
  • Options
    Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wawrinka surprising me here. never really rate him on grass but he's cruising v Istomin

The latter is so disappointing against the big guns :(

He's playing more aggressively this year on grass which is good to see. Istomin really doesn't have the game to beat the top players.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    I think as she has got older her severe hairstyle dress and makeup is a bit scary. :D I have always liked her, she is such a trouper . Always there but never quite getting over the final hurdle.

I had hoped for better from Wozniaki. She looked so positive and motivated after the break up, tho to be fair her opponent looks good.

I'd say 3th/4th round is around her level though in fairness? Has she ever made a Wimbledon quarters actually? I know she did in the Olympics alright (and we won't get into the result ;) ) but don't remember her here
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    4th round 3 times for Caro is the best she has done. Would be a breakthrough if she can turn this match around.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say 3th/4th round is around her level though in fairness? Has she ever made a Wimbledon quarters actually? I know she did in the Olympics alright (and we won't get into the result ;) ) but don't remember her here

I'm sure you are right, but I had hoped that without the distraction of trailing round endless golf tournaments she might up her game a little.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure you are right, but I had hoped that without the distraction of trailing round endless golf tournaments she might up her game a little.

Ana's form has improved since she stopped trailing around with Adam Scott.
  • Options
    JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    Just seen on the BBC site Madison Keys has pulled out with injury.

She was a set down from Saturday...

Thats sad.
    She'll be back stronger next year though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still JJ

Yes, shes a very likable character. SOme good results lately, so I was hoping maybe this could finally be her slam? Guess npt.

Aja, there is always USO...
  • Options
    JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Wawrinka v Istomin, Stan is up 2 sets to 0. He did have a hefty slip earlier though, landed quite hard on his bottom, probably jarring his cocyx (spelling...) and lower back. He has been nursing it a bit since, hope he hasn't done himself any harm with it :(

Edit apparently Istomin has not been well either, called the trainer on court for "fatigue".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a tournament for BZS. Very, very impressive...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly what Stan needed, nice quick win. Should help with Lopez-Isner heading for a long one from the looks of things.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Is there no end to Castle's encyclopaedic knowledge...
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Lisicki not doing too well so far.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    I've never been to the French. Do they have 4 hour queues to gain ground admission?

There's usually a four-hour queue just in the supermarkets so I expect RG is no different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    4th round 3 times for Caro is the best she has done. Would be a breakthrough if she can turn this match around.

4th round 4 times and still no quarter final.

Outplayed today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mark F wrote: »
    Just seen on the BBC site Madison Keys has pulled out with injury.

She was a set down from Saturday...

She was clearly struggling badly on Saturday so I'm not massively surprised. It's a shame though. I had her tipped to get the quarter-finals at least.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Castle is being particularly repulsive today.

*rain stops play*

ETA: now Castle's rabbiting on about his ******* daughter
  • Options
    Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »

Its a complete mess. :( Now a rain delay ffs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nathers7 wrote: »
    Exactly what Stan needed, nice quick win. Should help with Lopez-Isner heading for a long one from the looks of things.

Especially if Lopez wins! 5 setter won't affect Isner as much
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lisicki needed the rain delay IMO, Ana was on fire there. Hopefully Sabine can regroup now :)
  • Options
    lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martina is driving me crazy!!

Rain again! Have to feel for the guys on the outside courts.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,276
    Forum Member

Hopefully Sabine can regroup during the break.
  • Options
    Forum Member

She would have walked it Saturday night had they played set 2.

Still hope she pulls through but to have to delay a match over 24 hours suits the losing player far more than the winner. Why couldn't they move it to centre on sat?
This discussion has been closed.