WHO will struggle with votes? Who will be VERY popular with the public ?

edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
Forum Member
✭✭
I think that Simon will unfortunately struggle with votes at some point unless he changes his attitude before the series properly starts; I would like to see Kristina do well but he seems a bit cocky and overly competitive (he needs to tone it down a little ).

I also think that Allison may start to annoy some people really early in the serie but thankfully she has the lovely Aljaz so she will probably be fine.

Steve may get lost in the shuffle; middle of the leaderboard; I hope he does well though and win the public over; He certainly has won me over already.

Popular pairings ?

Thom and Iveta : Enough said.

Joanna and Scott; they are giving me a Chris/Ola,Mark/Karen, Katya/Gav Vibe; They seem to have a really great chemistry already and I see them being very popular with the public (even if he may be that good).

Belive it or not ? Jennifer and Tristan : Chemistry.

Thoughts :) ?

Comments

• nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't disagree with any of that.

I can add Tim and Natalie being popular, if he comes across as personable and nice as he has, coupled with some aptitude of course, and Natalie's brilliance in choreography. I wouldn't be surprised if they stay longer than Simon, and he has Kristina who I really have gone off in a big way I'm afraid, she always seems desperate.

Pixie and Trent....Hitler Youth poster couple as classically posted on here. :DThey may struggle. Depends on how they come across really. Steve has the classic starting position of journey man. Will see how he fares and whether Ola can improve her choreo to push him.
  • SweetiecatSweetiecat Posts: 1,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Gregg and Aliona will struggle for votes. She's not a popular pro with a lot of people ( I actually quite like her) and many people seem to view Gregg as an odious little man so I can't see them getting many votes.

I think the Irish pairing may be popular as well as Thom and Iveta and Nathalie and Tim and maybe Brendan and Sunetra too.
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nancy1975 wrote: »

I can add Tim and Natalie being popular, if he comes across as personable and nice as he has, coupled with some aptitude of course, and Natalie's brilliance in choreography. I wouldn't be surprised if they stay longer than Simon, and he has Kristina who I really have gone off in a big way, she always seems desperate.

Pixie and Trent....Hitler Youth poster couple as classically posted on here. :DThey may struggle. Depends on how they come across really. Steve has the classic starting position of journey man. Will se how he fares and whether Ola can improve her choreo to push him.
    In the first few weeks, before all the furore, John Sergeant came across quite charmingly, which went a long way to making him popular and keeping him in the competition. I can see Tim having the same kind of charm.
  • jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    I think it's really hard to call this year. For the first three or four weeks being in the top half of the leaderboard from the judges should keep people safe, and I think Pixie, Frankie, Caroline, Simon, Thom, Mark and Alison will all score highly, so I don't see them as first out. I think Jake and Sunetra will have the public support and dance ability to stay quite a while as well.

I think Jennifer will have massive public support. If she can dance at all she could be in the final.

After Abby's win last year - not to take anything from her at all - I think her constant coverage in the papers helped and that would be from being someone who was very experienced at keeping themselves in the papers and friends with all the journalists. I really think that is as big an advantage as dance training arguably and that puts Mark, Pixie, Frankie and Caroline in a strong position, as well as their dance ability.

I think Tim is adorable and will get a lot of voter support however his dancing is. I also think he is the one likely to have the surprisingly moving 'dad at a wedding' early ballroom dance.

Possibly struggling:
    Gregg - not sure how popular he is.
    Steve - I really really like Steve but I agree he might get lost in the crowd. It really depends for me if Ola is feeling competitive or fed up with the show. I am dreading they will overdo the animals references in their dances.
    Scott - I know nothing about Scott so I can't say how much popularity he brings with him.
  • white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can add Tim and Natalie being popular, if he comes across as personable and nice as he has, coupled with some aptitude of course, and Natalie's brilliance in choreography. I wouldn't be surprised if they stay longer than Simon, and he has Kristina who I really have gone off in a big way, she always seems desperate.

Pixie and Trent....Hitler Youth poster couple as classically posted on here. :DThey may struggle. Depends on how they come across really. Steve has the classic starting position of journey man. Will se how he fares and whether Ola can improve her choreo to push him.[/QUOTE
    'Hitler Youth' couple!!! :o:D:D:D Do know what you mean--let's hope they can do more than a goosestep!
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can already foresee the rage as Tim sails through week after week.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    I can already foresee the rage as Tim sails through week after week.

:D:D:D
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    I think that Simon will unfortunately struggle with votes at some point unless he changes his attitude before the series properly starts; I would like to see Kristina do well but he seems a bit cocky and overly competitive (he needs to tone it down a little ).

I also think that Allison may start to annoy some people really early in the serie but thankfully she has the lovely Aljaz so she will probably be fine.

Steve may get lost in the shuffle; middle of the leaderboard; I hope he does well though and win the public over; He certainly has won me over already.

Popular pairings ?

Thom and Iveta : Enough said.

Joanna and Scott; they are giving me a Chris/Ola,Mark/Karen, Katya/Gav Vibe; They seem to have a really great chemistry already and I see them being very popular with the public (even if he may be that good).

Belive it or not ? Jennifer and Tristan : Chemistry.

Thoughts :) ?
    Agree.

I suspect Anton's fans will drag him through more weeks than may be deserved judging by Judy's rhythm in the group dance. Creating the shock exit of a few more able celebrities.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I agree about Simon coming across too arrogant - I think he may be a shock early exit, and possibly Mark as well.

I think Scott will last quite a while - he will get a lot of support from the Radio 1 'family' and listeners and I expect a lot of cross-promotion on his radio show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Gregg makes my flesh crawl but a lot of people love Masterchef.

Personally I am inclined to vote for Tim, Steve or Jennifer even before I have seen them dance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah I suspect Jennifer will be popular, although I'm already cringing with anticipation of Tess' Irish "jokes."
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just looking at Twitter and the likes of Frankie, Pixie, Caroline, Scott and Mark have 1 million+ followers.

Others have a few hundred thousand followers.

Steve and Sunetra have 17K and 11K respectively (and they don't have the charming older man thing going on or a comedy act to get extra votes). So I think they'll be in trouble.

Middle of the scoreboard + no huge existing fanbase = potential danger.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    I have to say the playing field does seem slightly more even and balanced this year compared to years previous.

I too think Simon will struggle, him and Kristina already aren't coming across too well. Overly competitive couples are really unappealing to me as a voter. Same story for Trent and Pixie; they are bound to be good but I'm wondering whether we're going to see any 'humanity' from them at all.

On the opposite end of the spectrum Tim and Natalie look to be strong in the chemistry department as do Jennifer and Tristan. I think Iveta and Thom could be a strong couple in terms of 'synergy'. I think its infinitely more 'watchable' when a couple get on and the choreography is on point.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I think it is too early to tell.
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only two who strike me as likely to have a reliable fanbase who will save them right now are Scott and Thom - there's good reason to think that all of the others will struggle in the public vote. We'll have to wait and see.
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...Pixie and Trent....Hitler Youth poster couple as classically posted on here. :D....
    'Hitler Youth' couple!!! :o:D:D:D Do know what you mean--let's hope they can do more than a goosestep!

Now if only someone with a sense of humour on the show got them to do 'Springtime For Hitler' :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Springtime for Hitler would make a great American Smooth.

That would be one of the all time great classic moments of tv if not the greatest but sadly.....
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no idea if I am honest who will struggle for votes

each celeb and pro have their own sets of fans who will vote for them

if twitter followers are anything to go by, they all see to have plenty

most are well known in their own fields

its anyones guess tbh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Just looking at Twitter and the likes of Frankie, Pixie, Caroline, Scott and Mark have 1 million+ followers.

Others have a few hundred thousand followers.

Steve and Sunetra have 17K and 11K respectively (and they don't have the charming older man thing going on or a comedy act to get extra votes). So I think they'll be in trouble.

Middle of the scoreboard + no huge existing fanbase = potential danger.

I do appreciate the huge role social media popularity plays now, and it is important but we all know the voting is made up of many myriad factors. I'm sure Chris for example wouldn't have been trending hugely on twitter before his series started but it shows what can happen if you build up a partnership that is appealing to a majority of voters. So, although on the face of it, middle rankers have more of a struggle, they can also emerge strongly if they have good enough personalities. (And their pros).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Springtime for Hitler would make a great American Smooth.

That would be one of the all time great classic moments of tv if not the greatest but sadly.....

A foxtrot to "Tomorrow Belongs to Me" would be truly glorious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    A foxtrot to "Tomorrow Belongs to Me" would be truly glorious.

They really are not going to escape this image on here now..and they haven't even started.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Mg6Gfh9Co

Yep..or waltz?
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pixie and Frankie will be getting my votes and maybe Caroline or Mark
  • LiliaprincessLiliaprincess Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I have a gut feeling that Pixie & Trent are going to be unpopular. She's done nothing to upset me but she just strikes me as not particularly likeable (unlike Frankie & Caroline). If she had been paired up with a well known pro she may have had more chance but as it stands I think she will struggle.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it hard to judge until I have seen at least once dance but based on what I saw on Sunday, I'm not expecting a high standard of dancing from the slebs this year so anyone could be in danger. :o
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a gut feeling that Pixie & Trent are going to be unpopular. She's done nothing to upset me but she just strikes me as not particularly likeable (unlike Frankie & Caroline). If she had been paired up with a well known pro she may have had more chance but as it stands I think she will struggle.

I really don't think it matters if the pro is new or not - what matters is the storyline the producers give them, the personalities and partnership and of course the performances and if all these things connect with the audience - afterall Darren, Artem and Aljaz won when they were new pros.