Options

Bias on This Morning

WhovianWhovian Posts: 852
Forum Member
✭✭
Watched the Burkha discussion on This Morning and was disgusted at the bias shown in the interview and comments section. Firstly, the anti-burkha woman was subjected to aggressive and confrontational questioning and challenges while the pro-burkha woman was interviewed sympathetically. The difference between how the two women were questioned was startling. Then the hosts read out comments suppsedly sent in by viewers. 3 out of the 4 comments read out were pro-burkha and when Holly read out the ant-burkha comment she made it look like she couldnt read what was said and seemed to look at it with disdain. Having been on the This Morning Facebook site, almost very comment is against the Burkha and I am disgusted with the bias shown on the show.

Comments

• Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This Morning ceased to be a serious current affairs programme a long time ago.

They should stick to soap gossip and z-list celebrity tittle tattle, which is more their level.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whovian wrote: »
    Watched the Burkha discussion on This Morning and was disgusted at the bias shown in the interview and comments section. Firstly, the anti-burkha woman was subjected to aggressive and confrontational questioning and challenges while the pro-burkha woman was interviewed sympathetically. The difference between how the two women were questioned was startling. Then the hosts read out comments suppsedly sent in by viewers. 3 out of the 4 comments read out were pro-burkha and when Holly read out the ant-burkha comment she made it look like she couldnt read what was said and seemed to look at it with disdain. Having been on the This Morning Facebook site, almost very comment is against the Burkha and I am disgusted with the bias shown on the show.

your post makes no sense.
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can understand it. :confused:
  • Options
    Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad I wasn't the only one that noticed this
  • Options
    Desert RatDesert Rat Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe This Morning were trying to balance it out a bit and give the opposing argument because even the polls were showing that viewers are very anti-Burka with both polls having roughly a 90/10 split.
  • Options
    ennuiennui Posts: 1,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understood the OP's concerns. Which part were you unclear about?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Maybe This Morning are compensating for the fact that GMTV has been equally as biased in its' obvious anti-burkha stance this week (IMO).
  • Options
    izanamiizanami Posts: 2,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dobbin10 wrote: »
    Maybe This Morning are compensating for the fact that GMTV has been equally as biased in its' obvious anti-burkha stance this week (IMO).

I had noticed this too, GMTV definitely seem to be on the banning side of the fence.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its a bit hard to read yes.
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can they please dump Holly from the current affairs slot on This Morning. The only time she has anything to say is when a planted question is given to her.