Adolf Hitler

RubusRooRubusRoo Posts: 10,262
Forum Member
✭✭
Did he personally kill anyone during World War 2?

Comments

• TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    himself...
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was banging his Niece, Geli, who was later found shot to death with his weapon (I believe it was actually the exact same 7.65 Walther PPK that he later used on himself in 1945) . He claimed it to be suicide, but who knows.

That was 1931, so before World War II.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does that matter?.

AH was a nasty little monster, who should go down in history as one of the most diabolical manipulators in human history...
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He probably killed his newlywed too.

They spent their honeymoon in a ditch covered in petrol on fire!
    Tourista wrote: »
    AH was a nasty little monster, who should go down in history as one of the most diabolical manipulators in human history...

Damn those diabolical manipulators!
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes he did his girlfriend ! and by the way he was not german! he was austrian. by the way he did fight in world war one but i remember he was injured during it and never fought again.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alt-F4 wrote: »
    Damn those diabolical manipulators!

:D

• Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Why does that matter?.

I doubt the OP is trying to mitigate his actions.

It seems more likely that the OP is wondering whether a person who was behind so much death and suffering actually had the resolve to get his own hands dirty.
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was a soldier during WW1, so he probably killed during his time on the front line. I don't think he personally killed anyone after that, he got his henchmen to do the dirty work for him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt he killed anybody in WWI either - he was a messenger boy, I believe, running back and forth between command posts, relaying messages.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he shot the sheriff but he did not shoot the deputy.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does that matter?.

What a stupid response. If someone asks a question you don't reply with " why does that matter ". Clearly it is something the op would like to know. If it doesn't matter to you why bother with a reply?
  • GraathusGraathus Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes he did his girlfriend ! and by the way he was not german! he was austrian. by the way he did fight in world war one but i remember he was injured during it and never fought again.

He did become a German citizen though.

As for Geli it was never proved that he was having a relationship much less killed her.
  • Red OkktoberRed Okktober Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Azagoth wrote: »
    He was banging his Niece, Geli, who was later found shot to death with his weapon.
    Rumour has it he only ever fired blanks - hence the 'one ball' song
  • A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member

AH was a nasty little monster.

They reckon that was all due to piles. The RAF had this plan to drop crates of Preparation H on to the Reichstag in the hope of curing him, but it never came to fruition.
  • The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    I doubt the OP is trying to mitigate his actions.

It seems more likely that the OP is wondering whether a person who was behind so much death and suffering actually had the resolve to get his own hands dirty.

People in his position are far removed from the results of their orders. An example is Himmler. He went to see how efficiently jews were being butchered at one of his concentration camps, and accidentially got splattered with some brains and became physically ill. Didn't stop him ordering more and more to be murdered though.
  • Manly BarrilowManly Barrilow Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many did Winston Churchill kill?

Only he fought in several wars as well:
    "During his army career, Churchill saw military action in British India, the Sudan and the Second Boer War.During his army career."

(Nothing like balancing a thread and re-writing the history that is always written but the victors)
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    How many did Winston Churchill kill?

Only he fought in several wars as well:
    "During his army career, Churchill saw military action in British India, the Sudan and the Second Boer War.During his army career."

(Nothing like balancing a thread and re-writing the history that is always written but the victors)

Good point!
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did he used to clear snow?
  • I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know about anybody else, but that Hitler bloke - bit of a wrong 'un if you ask me.
  • Red OkktoberRed Okktober Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Did he used to clear snow?

With his one ball hung low?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    ds proving godwins law :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I, Candy wrote: »
    Don't know about anybody else, but that Hitler bloke - bit of a wrong 'un if you ask me.

Well he had a view, to which he was entitled, but it's just that you don't murder everyone to first get into power and then commit mass genocide to carry out your plan.

As for general war and invading countries, people (including us) have been doing that for 100s of years.

It would be the same as Nick Griffin winning the general election after all the other parties were mysteriously murdered the night before and then invading France whilst bumping off anyone left in this country who didn't meet with his ideal of an English/British race.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andyr1308 wrote: »
    ds proving godwins law :)

But this one started with Adolf Hitler so it's exempt under the Geneva Convention! :D
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, Godwin only applies when you're discussing something unrelated. Such as we're discussing shampoo and someone gets all upset and replies that people who make that shampoo are as bad as the nazis!

Hitler killed himself if that counts.
  • VinnienetVinnienet Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not who he killed, it's what he killed.

I'm talking about that style of moustache. You just can't wear it anymore.