LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 28)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,750
Administrator
Continuation of: LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 27)
clitheroe1 wrote: »
It's something that Nick Ferrari does on a near daily basis.

I'm disappointed that I missed James O'Brien talking about IDS but it kind of brings some balance to LBC which otherwise seems to revel in demonising people on benefits.

Comments

• SupportSupport Posts: 70,750
    Administrator
    As this is a new thread, can we please consider this a "fresh start" and put the bickering that plagued the last few pages of the old thread behind us.

We really don't want to have to revoke posting privileges for any posters - so if is a particular user you don't like the posts of, please utilise the Ignore function: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/profile.php?do=editlist
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Am I first?

Edit - yes, for once, apart from clitheroe!

To keep OT, i'm just wondering if anyone thinks LBC has settled down yet, and if all seems to be going well on the station, since going nationwide.

Strangely, I find myself listening even less, often not even tuning in to SA - something I thought would never happen.
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As this is a new thread, can we please consider this a "fresh start" and put the bickering that plagued the last few pages of the old thread behind us.

We really don't want to have to revoke posting privileges for any posters - so if is a particular user you don't like the posts of, please utilise the Ignore function: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/profile.php?do=editlist

Thank you for that.

Whew, I went all hot and cold when I tried to post and got 'thread closed'! :(
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,750
    Administrator
    Am I first?

Alas, you are not. That title would go to us.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Alas, you are not. That title would go to us.

First amongst mere mortals, maybe? :D
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Between 10-11am today, there seemed to be a lot of adverts. A real lack of callers on James' show too. Nick Ferrari was more interesting earlier, plenty of callers regarding dogs attacking small children.
  • LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    Am I first?

Edit - yes, for once, apart from clitheroe!

To keep OT, i'm just wondering if anyone thinks LBC has settled down yet, and if all seems to be going well on the station, since going nationwide.

Strangely, I find myself listening even less, often not even tuning in to SA - something I thought would never happen.

Yes - I think it has settled down. Fewer technical glitches. Less hysteria about going national.
  • Inge JonesInge Jones Posts: 11,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - I think it has settled down. Fewer technical glitches. Less hysteria about going national.

A bit more boring listening to road blocks in Peterborough than it used to be hearing about tube delays.
  • BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    GOB doing dangerous *yawn* dogs for the second time in a week.

This subject will soon be appearing in his show as often as his Thursday show-off session (the name of which escapes me right now). Perhaps we can expect a dangerous dog weeky podcast? He obviously thinks it's got legs :D so I don't see why not.

I wouldn't mind but nothing new ever comes to the table.

And as I write this he's just, once again, thrown in the analogy between "no bad dogs just bad owners" with "no dangerous guns....". I'm no dog lover, can't stand them actually but oh my. Credit us with some intelligence James.

He really has turned into a parody of himself. Why is this little man STILL on LBC after 10 years? Why hasn't he been snapped up by someone else? Why does he not get invited on TV? (Apart from doing the paper review on Sky when someone else drops out). Why does his panel game show still only exist in a room above a pub with an audience of 45?

Answer: he's really not very good.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Left-wing rabble rouser O'Brien spending yet another hour spouting hatred towards IDS.

It's a thankless task bringing much needed reforms to the bloated benefits system.
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member
    Not sure if this has been posted on here yet.

Main LBC bed.

http://youtu.be/XmTnGvl5qtY
  • wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think all has been going brilliantly since LBC went national. Greater London and the UK have both been accommodated in the news, travel and weather. I have enjoyed listening to James OB and JHB.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Catching up with an SA podcast ....

Whilst talking about that immigration programme he said ...

' .... the ridiculous Katie Hopkins and the even more ridiculous Anjem Choudary ... '

See, he doesn't spout rubbish all the time ;-) :D
  • BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Peachykeen wrote: »

' .... the ridiculous Katie Hopkins and the even more ridiculous Anjem Choudary ... '

Thank God Steve has his finger on the pulse.
  • coulsdon59coulsdon59 Posts: 2,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James30 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been posted on here yet.

Main LBC bed.

http://youtu.be/XmTnGvl5qtY

I don't think this one has been posted either:

http://vimeo.com/86391891

David Arnold talks to Chris Lowrie
  • coulsdon59coulsdon59 Posts: 2,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There seems to be more energy from the presenters, and apart from the travel issues, I'm satisfied.

I'm also glad we havent has scores of "New listener here" or the presenter asking every call outside the M25 "How long have you been listening, where did you find us, what were you listening to before?"
  • LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    coulsdon59 wrote: »
    I don't think this one has been posted either:

http://vimeo.com/86391891

David Arnold talks to Chris Lowrie

I couldn't believe how much he had changed in four years. Then I realised that he is a different David Arnold from the one who did the Bond themes and "The Performance" CD with Shirl - and eleven years older. How confusing!
  • RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »
    The Left-wing rabble rouser O'Brien spending yet another hour spouting hatred towards IDS.

It's a thankless task bringing much needed reforms to the bloated benefits system.

O Brien seemingly not content to make a local arse of himself now tries to go national .A tough ask but I reckon if anyone can - he can.

Way to go Jimbo
  • RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peachykeen wrote: »

..and just to make sure of course you listen to and presumably enjoy the entire broadcast ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    O Brien seemingly not content to make a local arse of himself now tries to go national .A tough ask but I reckon if anyone can - he can.

Way to go Jimbo

Thanks Reg. That made me laugh ..
  • thewilsonthewilson Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointed to have missed JOB's latest critique of DWP Titanic Captain Smith.
    Who knows, perhaps it actually had more supporters than detractors amongst the listeners.
    Keep up the good work James. We might yet remove him from the bridge.
  • makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    thewilson wrote: »
    Disappointed to have missed JOB's latest critique of DWP Titanic Captain Smith.
    Who knows, perhaps it actually had more supporters than detractors amongst the listeners.
    Keep up the good work James. We might yet remove him from the bridge.

I switched on to a fascinating call on JHB's show today, which was just luck as I was preparing to tune in to another station. It was from a DWP employee, exposing the pressure they are under to sanction people, with illegal targets, banned from informing people about their right to appeal, and so on.
  • CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Isn't it time for the Customs and Revenue ad: to be changed or updated? When I turned on my radio today all I heard were foot sounds of these official stalkers.. :D

Edit: Having paid my flaming taxes this ad: loses any impression it was trying to create in the first place. To those who haven't may feel still daunted by it, perhaps?
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    When I turned on my radio today all I heard were foot sounds of these official stalkers.. :D

think youself lucky sweetpee, when I wake up, around ...... SA time I'll say no more !!!!:p

Oh your stiill here I see :confused:
  • CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    Thank God Steve has his finger on the pulse.

SA is a blessing in disguise. :)
This discussion has been closed.