Royal Marines Commando School

167891012»

Comments

• misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    That's just how i felt over my toe. At the time i was in my late 50s and had never even fractured a single bone in my body, let alone broke any! But the pain just got worse to the point i could barely drive properly (it was my left foot) and as most of my work involved standing it just became a nightmare.

I felt a bit daft when the Hospital asked me "how long have you been walking around with this".

Yes, it was then my friend had to sheepishly admit she didn't realise how bad it was as she'd had a few too many and it was probably easing the pain!
  • pubeypubey Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I thought last nights finale was excellent. It was good following 4 really good trainees and also Ginge was a real character. The show was a bit of a missed opportunity but still pretty enjoyable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pubey wrote: »
    I thought last nights finale was excellent. It was good following 4 really good trainees and also Ginge was a real character. The show was a bit of a missed opportunity but still pretty enjoyable.

Yes, I agree 100%.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    pubey wrote: »

Completely agree. It's almost as if the makers only had enough material to make one good episode (the last one) and the rest was just out-takes of the largely useless recruits looking daft.

The last episode was everything the others weren't. Finally some decent footage of the blokes in the field and a real attempt to convey the experience of infantry soldiering. The way the NCOs treated the recruits was notably different as well; at this stage they need less beasting and more teaching. Ginge Boothe was the sort of SNCO you'd follow into the jaws of hell - I wish him a happy retirement.
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    A good finishing to the program I think

I think the last 2 episodes were the best overall

But generally not just rating the individual episodes, I think the program was a success as a whole

Although it wasn't a recruitment tool, most feedback seems to be positive across the board on social media and RM applications have doubled over the last 8 weeks

I've enjoyed it for the most part
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joey_J wrote: »
    A good finishing to the program I think

I think the last 2 episodes were the best overall.
    Agree. I think the mistake was to drag the whole thing out into eight episodes! After watching the first, i was quite staggered to find there were another seven to go. :o

Everything could easily have been trimmed down into two one hour episodes.......but then i suppose some would complain we didn't see enough!
  • mattandgazmattandgaz Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I missed the first 5 episodes of this, is it on any catch up service? Can't find anything other than episodes 6-8?
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    mattandgaz wrote: »
    I missed the first 5 episodes of this, is it on any catch up service? Can't find anything other than episodes 6-8?

I think each episode is only available on BBC iplayer for the same period of time, hence only the later ones now there.

TBH, you're really not missing much in the first five anyway. Thre's almost no footage of actual training; it's mostly 'comedy' exchanges between the recruits and the training staff.
  • chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My son-in-law is in the US Army, based in Germany, and he only recently caught up with, and enjoyed, the last two episodes
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Just in case anyone was interested

180 Troop Passed their final Commando Test yesterday, the 30 miler, and finally earned their hard fought for Green Beret

57 Recruits Started with 180 Troop, 22 of them made it to the end, and yes....Recruit Bond was one of them

22 Originals is a strong finish, very good effort indeed

They will have their Pass Out Parade in the coming weeks