YES signs EVERYWHERE!

fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
Forum Member
I am getting totally fed up with these YES signs everywhere. There is some old geezer and his son putting massive signs up outside my house.

When he puts them up on a public lamppost, who do they belong to?
What happens if I take them down?

The worst of it is, they have vans of people going around removing the Better Together signs.

Comments

• lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Just like Student Union elections.....aah. :)
  • contrariancontrarian Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    I am getting totally fed up with these YES signs everywhere. There is some old geezer and his son putting massive signs up outside my house.

When he puts them up on a public lamppost, who do they belong to?
    What happens if I take them down?

The worst of it is, they have vans of people going around removing the Better Together signs.

meanwhile in Syria....^_^
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares? Much more urgent is that I've just heard Luton Airport has been evacuated. Quick, start a thread, you could be first :o;-)
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Several people from Scotland on the phone ins to LBC last night saying thy had been intimidated by Yes voters and some were afraid to display supporting material for the No Vote.
  • contrariancontrarian Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Several people from Scotland on the phone ins to LBC last night saying thy had been intimidated by Yes voters and some were afraid to display supporting material for the No Vote.

i guess they will vote Yes now because of it.....

this isi why we need a facepalm smiley
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    vinba wrote: »
    Quebec?

It's a pandemic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    vinba wrote: »
    When you go into a voting station I've heard that if you hover your pencil above the 'No' box a laser comes out of the floor and points at your privates!

LOL! Don't give them any ideas....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    contrarian wrote: »
    is this the op's view?

http://yeshighland.net/images/lochaber/blog/ballachulishvolunteers.jpg

Doubt that's really Scotland. No-one's got a dram in their hand...
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed it spray painted on a pub yesterday. Not exciting news I know but just thought I'd add it here :p
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    meanwhile in Syria....^_^

Is this what you do, go around posting this response to everything that is not about Syria?
    Forum Member

They are intimidating. They have taken the Saltire for their own, which it is not. They rip down signs and deface Better Together signs with SCUM spray painted on them.

They give Scots a bad name.
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this what you do, go around posting this response to everything that is not about Syria?
    It's the fallacy of relative privation.

Meanwhile I bet some of the more extreme Yessies believe this is going to be their own version of the Arab Spring (Highland Spring?).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i guess they will vote Yes now because of it.....

this isi why we need a facepalm smiley

No but intimidation is wrong, as is Alex Salmond now saying the Queen supports independence when he knows full well she cannot comment personally.
    Forum Member
    UKMikey wrote: »
    It's the fallacy of relative privation.

Meanwhile I bet some of the more extreme Yessies believe this is going to be their own version of the Arab Spring (Highland Spring?).

You know a few big words. Wikipedia is good for that ;-)
    Forum Member
    No but intimidation is wrong, as is Alex Salmond now saying the Queen supports independence when he knows full well she cannot comment personally.

There is no way she supports independence. She would have supported Diana marrying Dodi more than a Scottish Independence vote. The electorate must be stupid if they believe that rhetoric. Then again....
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the NotVeryUnited Kingdoms.

Its just like when Spice Girls started to fall apart, only with less meaning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no way she supports independence. She would have supported Diana marrying Dodi more than a Scottish Independence vote. The electorate must be stupid if they believe that rhetoric. Then again....

Thats what they are discussing now on the radio his comments and if constitutionally she could respond if she wanted to or if she should even if able as she has always been very good at remaining neutral , personally I think she should say nothing even if allowed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know a few big words. Wikipedia is good for that ;-)
    Wikipedia also calls it "appeal to worse problems" for people who don't have a big word list in their head.
    Forum Member
    Thats what they are discussing now on the radio his comments and if constitutionally she could respond if she wanted to or if she should even if able as she has always been very good at remaining neutral , personally I think she should say nothing even if allowed.

Who believes a word this madman has to say? He can speak with authority for our Regent but is not able to say what his thoughts are on Scotland joining the Euro. Newsflash for all you YES voters - Scotland WILL be joining the Euro if you vote Yes. That is a condition of entry to the EU.
    Forum Member
    UKMikey wrote: »
    Wikipedia also calls it "appeal to worse problems" for people who don't have a big word list in their head.

Your index fingers are red hot today eh?
    Forum Member
    Can someone answer me the question - who do these signs belong to once they have been put on a public lamppost?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your index fingers are red hot today eh?
    Not really but I know where my keyboard is. Dunno why all the attacks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Can someone answer me the question - who do these signs belong to once they have been put on a public lamppost?

No one. :)