Breaking Bad - From The Beginning

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madj40 wrote: »
    Just finished series 4 last night and WOW!
    We finished S4 last night... and yeah WOW1!!!

Damn, I wanna watch the rest of Season 4 today ! :)

I'm only up to Episode 4 !
  • Scarlett FeverScarlett Fever Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn, I wanna watch the rest of Season 4 today ! :)

I'm only up to Episode 4 !

Husband watched the end of the last episode again this morning. ...
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    A message to all of you who are lagging behind, DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO CATCH UP!!

The internet will explode when this masterpiece finally comes to an end in a couple of weeks time and you'll have no chance of avoiding the outcome, so phone in sick, use up any holiday time and get yourself up to date while you can!!! :D:D
  • madj40madj40 Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    A message to all of you who are lagging behind, DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO CATCH UP!!

The internet will explode when this masterpiece finally comes to an end in a couple of weeks time and you'll have no chance of avoiding the outcome, so phone in sick, use up any holiday time and get yourself up to date while you can!!! :D:D
    It certainly is! Nothing else on tv comes close. I'm already on to series 5 eps 5 & 6 for tonight,so treading very carefully around these forums etc.Theres a few questions im gagging to ask but will wait till the end.I'll be gutted when it's finally over.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »

I AMMMMMMM ! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so jealous of you guys watching for the first time, but yeah hurry up so you get a spoiler free finale :D
    madj40 wrote: »
    It certainly is! Nothing else on tv comes close. I'm already on to series 5 eps 5 & 6 for tonight,so treading very carefully around these forums etc.Theres a few questions im gagging to ask but will wait till the end.I'll be gutted when it's finally over.

I wish you'd said 'treading lightly' there. You'll see why in a couple of episodes time :D
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never watched Breaking Bad, but it seems to be everywhere now. I hear all over the place how much of a fantastic piece of television it is, so later today I plan on checking out the Pilot and seeing what the fuss is all about. I feel like I'm missing out on something. :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never watched Breaking Bad, but it seems to be everywhere now. I hear all over the place how much of a fantastic piece of television it is, so later today I plan on checking out the Pilot and seeing what the fuss is all about. I feel like I'm missing out on something. :o:D

Hope you enjoy it :D #1 is a short season but it gets really good in episode 6 :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just keep in mind that many people, including myself, did find Season 1 a bit slow going. It does pick up greatly though and you do get very attached to characters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 4, Episode 6 .. even though I've watched the "I am the one who knocks" speech about a million times, it still gives me chills :)
  • Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About to start season five episode five. I've seen a spoiler for the latest episode and could kick my own arse for it. Will deffo be up to date by te time the next episode comes around.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen Walt -v- Jessie. That must have been fun to film .. heh :)

On to Episode 10 .. may well end up finishing Season 4 tonight if this keeps going !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching episode 11 last night, I must say I thought RJ Mitte was fantastic. When Walt was sitting in the chair crying on Walt Jr's birthday, you could genuinely feel he was upset for his dad as well - it was quite a choker.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching episode 11 last night, I must say I thought RJ Mitte was fantastic. When Walt was sitting in the chair crying on Walt Jr's birthday, you could genuinely feel he was upset for his dad as well - it was quite a choker.

That's Crawl Space right? That was my favourite episode (until this week). RJ is amazing, as you say, and the ending still sends a shiver down my spine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pirouette. wrote: »
    That's Crawl Space right? That was my favourite episode (until this week). RJ is amazing, as you say, and the ending still sends a shiver down my spine.

It was Salud actually - got my episodes mixed up. I started watching Crawl Space last night but didn't make it to the end as I had to wuss out and go to bed!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was Salud actually - got my episodes mixed up. I started watching Crawl Space last night but didn't make it to the end as I had to wuss out and go to bed!

Aah yeah, Salud is a highlight too, I love Don Eladio :D
    Haha probably for the best you went to bed, I remember I actually couldn't sleep after Crawl Space. Yep, I'm a wimp who gets far too into TV shows :o:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished Season 4 .. WOW !!!! *faints*

Going to get Ep1 of Season 5 done tonight. From tomorrow, i'll have 10 days to watch 15 episodes. I might try and aim to have one a day from next monday until the monday after when the final episode will be available.

But then if it stays as good as this, I might end up watching all of them a lot sooner !
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Just finished Season 4 .. WOW !!!! *faints*
    !

I know, isn't it just! My son has been watching too, he was a whole season behind me, but when he got to S4 last episode I couldn't resist watching it again, the look on my son's face at the final scene was priceless, he just sat there staring open mouthed!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    satellite wrote: »
    I know, isn't it just! My son has been watching too, he was a whole season behind me, but when he got to S4 last episode I couldn't resist watching it again, the look on my son's face at the final scene was priceless, he just sat there staring open mouthed!!

When I saw Gus walk out of the room after the bomb went off I shouted at the TV "Oh Come ON !". And then the camera moved around :)
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    When I saw Gus walk out of the room after the bomb went off I shouted at the TV "Oh Come ON !". And then the camera moved around :)

It was still an "Oh come on!" moment, for more than one reason. No way the bomb damages only one side of his body (especially the side of the body furthest from the bomb), and no way anybody with half their body as badly damaged as Gus' was walks at all or straightens his tie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    It was still an "Oh come on!" moment, for more than one reason. No way the bomb damages only one side of his body (especially the side of the body furthest from the bomb), and no way anybody with half their body as badly damaged as Gus' was walks at all or straightens his tie.

Yeah, i'll certainly give you that. I think the actual final scene with the plant reveal wasn't as much of a shocker as it should have been because I rather stupidly read the DS recap of Season 1 a couple of weeks ago thinking it would be safe, and they mentioned the poisoning there, so I suppose I kind of had it in the back of my mind that Walt had something to do with it.

It was still a shocker though, but not as much as it probably would have been spoiler free.
  • SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just read though this thread and was surprised to see people struggling with the start of Series 1. I thought the first 3 episodes were absolutely fantastic - the first episode goes at breakneck speed when you consider all the cramb into it. Introducing us to the various characters, the cancer, Walt and Jesse meeting, the first cook and the badguys showing up! The next two episodes are just a great with the fallout of what Walt and Jesse are to do with two villians (one dead and one alive as a prisoner).

Episodes 4 & 5 for me are the only time I worried about the show - suddenly it looked like it was going to turn into a family drama about dealing with cancer - but then Tuco turns up in episode 6 and it's gold again!
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I only started the show a few weeks ago and im up to season 5 already, the pre credits section of episode 1 of season 5 have have me hooked already on the last season
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    I know there's a few threads like this, but since bumping old threads seems to be sooo popular ;)

Just finished Episode 4 of Season 1 and it's certainly growing on me a lot. Did like Walter blowing up the "KEN WINS" car at the end :D

Since there's bugger all else happening today, I think I may well knock off the rest of Season 1 this afternoon !
    I am on the third episode of the 2nd series and how Jesse and Walt keep going into a 5th series is beyond me ....:D

It seems they are never far from being caught.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just read though this thread and was surprised to see people struggling with the start of Series 1. I thought the first 3 episodes were absolutely fantastic - the first episode goes at breakneck speed when you consider all the cramb into it. Introducing us to the various characters, the cancer, Walt and Jesse meeting, the first cook and the badguys showing up! The next two episodes are just a great with the fallout of what Walt and Jesse are to do with two villians (one dead and one alive as a prisoner).

Episodes 4 & 5 for me are the only time I worried about the show - suddenly it looked like it was going to turn into a family drama about dealing with cancer - but then Tuco turns up in episode 6 and it's gold again!
    I think it was the drugs and drug gangs theme that put me off a bit, but I struggled past the first couple of episodes and stuck with it. Glad I did.