Comments

• sbuggsbugg Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So rude I felt the need to comment.:(
  • pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    I'm not entirely certain that that is an appropriate way to talk to people.

Is it really? Asking someone to do the basic leg work to secure their own safety is hardly too much to ask. I even pointed him to a site which explains all the topics in an easily understood fashion. If he wants a cheap and easy answer for a very shallow understanding then you are doing him no favors at all. You think you are being kind, but you are not.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    pocatello wrote: »
    Is it really? Asking someone to do the basic leg work to secure their own safety is hardly too much to ask. I even pointed him to a site which explains all the topics in an easily understood fashion. If he wants a cheap and easy answer for a very shallow understanding then you are doing him no favors at all. You think you are being kind, but you are not.

1- ezlan is one of the worst presented sites i have ever seen.
    2- 'have a read of this it has some good background information' rather than 'Read' - that's what i'm suggesting. I'm glad i don't know you in real life. If you saw someone asking for directions i'm sure you wouldn't walk up to them and shout 'A to Z'
  • pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    1- ezlan is one of the worst presented sites i have ever seen.
    2- 'have a read of this it has some good background information' rather than 'Read' - that's what i'm suggesting. I'm glad i don't know you in real life. If you saw someone asking for directions i'm sure you wouldn't walk up to them and shout 'A to Z'

1. It is just one example, there are more out there that YOU could have provided.
    2. It is not something you can get around, the amount of information you can find even on wikipedia articles explaining this stuff is more than anyone is willing to type, or should have to type on such a forum. So no matter what you will get a half assed answer on a forum if that is all you are depending on, and holes in knowledge when it comes to security is exactly what you do not want. It is that kind of shallow understanding that leads people to think things like their software firewall is enough to protect them while they leave their wifi unprotected. Or that their router is the only firewall they need...