Options

Lilia's Blog about Saturday

Comments

• Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has she written other blogs in the same tone?

I'm reading back from week one now. She has a little jibe at Jared in there. Will keep reading :p
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    x-cherry-x wrote: »
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

She's not overweight and even if she was I think there's a bit of a difference between being overweight and making mistakes consistently.

She did write it btw, she tweets about it reguarly.

I think it was a dig at Darren.
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Hm, okay then. No need to get snarky if you disagree :rolleyes:

Yes, that's entirely possible :) All I'm saying is I'm not going to throw out everything I thought about her because she's telling the truth now that she has the freedom too.

I wasn't being snarky at all. There's no need to take everything as a personal attack.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    Do you know her in real life? Most of the celebs and professionals seem to be nice people on the show. That means very little.

I know her and yes, she is lovely in real life!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    I think it was a dig at Darren.

Well either way neither of them are overweight and they're completely different things.
  • Options
    floppersfloppers Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    arddunol wrote: »
    I'm not convinced this is her writing at all .
    Lack Doch Mal is right , if she has put her name to someone else's doggerel that's even worse than writing it herself .

These type of columns/blogs are often written by an inhouse reporter after a conversation with the celeb 'author'. It happens a lot with sports columns. However, some are actually written in full by their named author, it just depends how much effort they want to put in to it and what arrangement they have made with the magazine.

Lilia might not work for SCD but she does seem to be working for the BBC in some capacity as she is working on the Turkish version of Strictly which is franchised by BBC Worldwide. And since Darren is still in the dance troupe, they will no doubt bump into Robin at some point...
  • Options
    sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinselgirl wrote: »
    Ooh not a nice piece at all! Good objective comments are welcome, but this really smacked of bitterness, which although I can understand it, doesn't reflect well on her.

Bit silly of Lilia to let her bitterness show like that, you never know when you are going to work for the Beeb again . Nicole Cutler blew it as well.
    There were also a few bitchy comments on Twitter the other week about Tina being better than Jared,when her and Darren were obviously watching the show with Camilla and Kevin.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well, we can't reply back so unfortunately I can't let her know there is no excuse for a pro being overweight. Even if he has been sidelined to the bloomin' awful dance troupe.

So Lilia's bitchy is she ? The words pot, kettle, black spring to mind :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sueh21 wrote: »
    Bit silly of Lilia to let her bitterness show like that, you never know when you are going to work for the Beeb again . Nicole Cutler blew it as well.
    There were also a few bitchy comments on Twitter the other week about Tina being better than Jared,when her and Darren were obviously watching the show with Camilla and Kevin.

That was Kevin not Lilia!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    josar22 wrote: »
    So Lilia's bitchy is she ? The words pot, kettle, black spring to mind :rolleyes:

Yes, the whole purpose of my post was to exemplify bitchiness. Glad you got it. Not nice is it?
  • Options
    sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was Kevin not Lilia!

And Kevin would be the knowledgeable dancer there?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    I wasn't being snarky at all. There's no need to take everything as a personal attack.
    Not personal, it just came off as very snarky.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sueh21 wrote: »
    And Kevin would be the knowledgeable dancer there?

You don't have to be knowledgable dancer to make negative comments.

I'd be surprised if you had only nice things to say about everyone when at home with friends.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the whole purpose of my post was to exemplify bitchiness. Glad you got it. Not nice is it?

Its one thing to criticize somebody work, its another to be negative about somebody appearance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member

I'd be surprised if you had only nice things to say about everyone when at home with friends.

If I remember rightly a LOT of people were very negative about Jared, especially on that first weekend - Kevin's just as entitled to his opinion as everyone else - as is Lilia (and I like that she's being honest, I get bored of Karen every week "this is great choreography, and I'll tell you why!").
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Lilia is a bit sore for being dropped by the BBC!

Sour grapes...she didn't stop at the same hotel as the Strictly crew, Erin tweeted to say that she had dropped Lilia off at her hotel and was then going to find hers!
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    tinselgirl wrote: »
    Ooh not a nice piece at all! Good objective comments are welcome, but this really smacked of bitterness, which although I can understand it, doesn't reflect well on her.

I'm afraid I think it is an objective comment. Both Robin and Jared are demonstrably poorer dancers than the pros previously employed. Given Darren's record, experience and technical precision I's be pretty miffed to see him getting the boot for a bit of beefcake with timing issues and a lad who has little or no teaching experience or ballroom knowledge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Look, obviously youre an ultra fan, but what was written about Robin is clearly in Lilia's name, whether she wrote it or not.

Do you have any opinion about that, or the headline "Flick off Felicity?"

What about the week one blog when she asks "what is Jared doing?"

How about the gushing over Ann and yet the quite nasty comments directed at Gavin? (coincidentally also dancing with one of the newer pros).

Lastly, remember this isnt an appreciation thread. If you only want to read nice things about Lilia perhaps it is best if you go upstairs and ignore a thread discussing her own rather negative and controversial comments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    number six wrote: »
    Sour grapes...she didn't stop at the same hotel as the Strictly crew, Erin tweeted to say that she had dropped Lilia off at her hotel and was then going to find hers!

The fact that she wasn't going to watch SCD may have something to do with it, this she also tweeted.

It's funny how people only pick up on certain things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look, obviously youre an ultra fan, but what was written about Robin is clearly in Lilia's name, whether she wrote it or not.

Do you have any opinion about that, or the headline "Flick off Felicity?"

What about the week one blog when she asks "what is Jared doing?"

How about the gushing over Ann and yet the quite nasty comments directed at Gavin? (coincidentally also dancing with one of the newer pros).

Lastly, remember this isnt an appreciation thread. If you only want to read nice things about Lilia perhaps it is best if you go upstairs and ignore a thread discussing her own rather negative and controversial comments.

Yes I am a big fan of her but I'm allowed to disagree with comments. Isn't this discussing the matter and just like you're making negative commetns and arguing that point, I'm arguing the fact that Lilia isn't bitchy and she's allowed to have opinions just like everyone else. Are you a Robin fan?
  • Options
    dmolyneaux@virgdmolyneaux@virg Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think shes being bitchy , she is doing what is asked of her by giving her honest opinion to a high profile mag . We all at home slag others off , she is getting paid for her opinions . its good to see her moving on with her career after being treated badl
    y by the bbc Most pro dancers will shrug off these kind of comments , the ballroom world is tough .

As for idiots on here calling certain dancers overweight OMG obviously never met any of the pros they are teeny tiny .Some stupid woman called kristina big and chunky on another thread , the only thing big about kristina is her boobs . Jelousy is a terrible thing .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It honestly sounds like a six year old wrote it; "I liked this, it was good ... I didn't like this, this was stupid." What a fool she is. I always knew she had a spiteful side to her. How releaved I am now everyone can see it for themselves.

x x x x x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It honestly sounds like a six year old wrote it; "I liked this, it was good ... I didn't like this, this was stupid." What a fool she is. I always knew she had a spiteful side to her. How releaved I am now everyone can see it for themselves.

x x x x x

I like the quote you've used, I seem to be struggling to find where you've taken it from. Can you point me in the right direction?
  • Options
    katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it is just sour grapes, because what she has said is true. She has said plenty of complimentary things about many of the other pros. IMO she would have done better not to say anything about Robin, because it does make her look small whatever spirit she intended it in.

I like reading more controversial blogs to be honest... but I'd rather hear things like that from someone with a little more distance from the show. Although I guess any dancer who critiques the Strictly pros is probably going to come off looking jealous of the TV coverage they get.

x x x x x
    'What a fool she is'? Sounds like she's not the only one with a spiteful side!