Aliona vs Artem vs James (in alphabetical order)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
The final is Kara vs Matt vs Pamela (in alphabetical order) but is it is also Aliona vs Artem vs James, so it's partly a battle of performance but also of choreography. Who provides the best choreography ?

Comments

• Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Artem if you have a Kara as your Celeb but James if you dont.
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artem..........fantastic and imaginative choreographer. Real class!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artem - James is too safe and Aliona is just crap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artem by a long shot! :D
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    TylerTango wrote: »
    Artem - James is too safe and Aliona is just crap.

Lol at Aliona is crap.:D I like her.
  • tinyangeltinyangel Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artem, then Artem, then Artem! Hehehe;):D
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aliona:)

Love the contemporary stuff, the show would be boring if it was all traditional.

Standing ovation week in week out tells me all I need to know:)
  • jacksinclairxjacksinclairx Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artem - i love the way he has made the classic ballroom dances more contemporary and up to date, and this is coming from a 16 year old!!

However James has choreographed dances to suit all of Pamela's assets so he also deserves praise

Aliona.. well that just another story :rolleyes:
  • kperdnussekperdnusse Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    teeswolf wrote: »
    Aliona:)

Love the contemporary stuff, the show would be boring if it was all traditional.

Standing ovation week in week out tells me all I need to know:)

They're under orders from the floor manager.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artem, his choreography is everything you want from a pro in Strictly, artistic, moving, dramatic, slightly edgy but not too far and showcases the celebrity as his first priority.

He's like the best bits of Aliona and James, he has the tradtional side like James but he can also bring a freshness and drama that James doesn't have but that Aliona does, even though she slightly overdoes it. Also, don't think that Aliona's strongpoint is showcasing her partner. ;)

Artem is amazing! ;):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Artem, his choreography is everything you want from a pro in Strictly, artistic, moving, dramatic, slightly edgy but not too far and showcases the celebrity as his first priority.

He's like the best bits of Aliona and James, he has the tradtional side like James but he can also bring a freshness and drama that James doesn't have but that Aliona does, even though she slightly overdoes it. Also, don't think that Aliona's strongpoint is showcasing her partner. ;)

PERFECT summary!
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artem - i love the way he has made the classic ballroom dances more contemporary and up to date, and this is coming from a 16 year old!!

However James has choreographed dances to suit all of Pamela's assets so he also deserves praise

Aliona.. well that just another story :rolleyes:

Absolutely.

Artem has raised the bar in a genuinely exciting way and showcased Kara superbly (most of the time ;)).

James has very carefully choreographed to Pamela's strengths and knows what will tick boxes with the judges.

Aliona has concentrated on Matt's strengths but failed to work on his weaknesses. Turning a salsa into a mad disco showdance probably being her low point ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Artem has produced some stunning routines that have been very memorable.

James produces some good clean stuff that shows sometimes simple is best. His rumba with Cherie was brilliant in that regard, and his one with Pamela would have been as good if she hadn't hen pecked him into putting that lift in.

Aliona...I think sometimes loses sight of (i) the classic choreography and (ii) the aim of showcasing her partner. I LOVED their charleston, and actually thought their American Smooth was very interesting and novel, but sometimes things get a bit too frantic.

Of those 3 I would expect the most dynamic and jaw dropping show dance from Artem (as long as he doesn't overdo the lifts) and the most at risk of producing a 'What the...?' show dance (cf. Bacofoilgate) from Aliona.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Artem has some great moves :)
    James is safe, with lots of technical 'bits' so the judges are always pleased with that

Aliona, less said the better. Some of her dances are ok but a lot of it just a bit OTT.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artem and Aliona are better choreographers imo, and they both love their lifts and tricks. Artem is better at tayloring to his partners capabilities than Aliona but she is.., for want of a better word, different neverthless, lol (and different is interesting sometimes).

I feel indifferent to James's choreography most of the time. I think the only routine I've ever really liked of his was the Rumba with Cherie but I can't remember loving anything else he's produced. I would have preffered Natalie to be in the final instead of James if I'm being honest as she's a more aesthetically pleasing choreographer imo (as too is Flavia :cry:).
  • mandyxxxxmandyxxxx Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »

I was trying to think how to put it, but you've already said it all for me. Totally agree.
    Artem has been magnificent this series.
    It would be interesting to see how he got on with a celeb with less talent that Kara though, if he has a fault it does seem to be that lacks patience, but then I've always thought that about James too.
  • Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Artem and James have both proved they can choreograph to their partner's strengths and 'show them off' to best advantage. Both profs are very different but brilliant.

Aliona is too progressive and ahead of her time in this competition.
  • james_von05james_von05 Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let me remind everybody... They only need to impress the voting public forget the judges... so with this I therefore conclude Aliona is in the right track.
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let me remind everybody... They only need to impress the voting public forget the judges... so with this I therefore conclude Aliona is in the right track.

Exactly.

I really don't think her choreography is that bad.
  • daisylanedaisylane Posts: 8,239
    Forum Member
    Don't we make up part of the voting public too?

Artem for me, then James.
  • Jackster31Jackster31 Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artem is the totally package, dancewise and otherwise;). Others have mentioned the reasons why already so I won't repeat. I agree with those who say that he has the perfect partner in Kara and anything less than the victory next week will by daylight robbery in my book:eek:

James is okay with the regular ballroom choreography although it a bit too predictable and boring. Latin very basic and nothing special.

Aliona.....dear me:o
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artem has been outstanding this series & i've loved & rewatched all their dances.

James has played it very safe with Pamela & that has worked well for them.

Aliona imo has let Matt down badly with her choreography.
  • MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had it up to here with Aliona, and I rather regret that she's made it to the final. I think Natalie deserved the final place more.

Aliona didn't deliver consistently on the content of the dances, used Matt's gymnastic prowess too much and did too much personal grandstanding.

Not to mention the hair...

I'd have loved to see what a Katya or Flavia would have made of Matt.
  • crazybabecrazybabe Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Artem is the best choreographer - by a long chalk.

:)
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artem hasn't put a foot wrong, but I have to say I think Kara is the best celeb dancer ever on Strictly.

Artem has played his part in achieving this, but I will be interested to see how he goes with someone so less obviously talented as Kara next year.