Options

Strictly Come Dancing...'it takes two'..chat thread.. (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    CoronisCoronis Posts: 24,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I saw a glimpse of Matt and Aliona's showdance on BBC News there's a move where she steps on his shoulder and jumps down. (I didn't describe that very well) Either way I thought it was :confused::confused: Well that's Matt's chances of picking the glitterball reduced...:p :eek:
  • Options
    -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coronis wrote: »
    Think I saw a glimpse of Matt and Aliona's showdance on BBC News and she steps on his shoulder and jumps down, (I didn't describe that very well) either way I thought it was :confused: Well that's Matt's chances of picking the glitterball reduced...:p :eek:

You never know, we might be WOWED, which I hope we will! :p
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I'm pretty sure most programme producers are control freaks, I like the way she occasionally lets you know that some of the crap written on the auto-cue that she has to say, is not what she'd want to, given the choice
  • Options
    brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there no one at all among production, make up , floor managers, Claudia , Felicity ,the cleaners or indeed a friend that has the courage to tell Ann how to put on lipstick and keep it on her lips . ........................... :eek:

No Abba - would you? Shes a formidable lady - one i wouldnt like to cross and Strictly has made her think she has taken over as the 'nations sweetheart' from Cheryl Cole!
  • Options
    Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    I don't think it's for no reason, though, I think they're in a pressure cooker with emotions running high, they're exhausted and so their natural male defence against crying is running low.

Yes, please give the guy a break. This is probably one of the most emotional times of his life.
  • Options
    CoronisCoronis Posts: 24,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, given Aliona's potential for wierd choreography I wouldn't put it past her to create a 'huh, what was that?!' showdance. It would be :eek::D if she managed to create something as enduringly cringey as Bacofoil, and a shame for Matt. The words 'whatta waste' would spring to mind.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Karen but I think some of her fashion choices are a bit "Edina Monsoon."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually cant call the winner tomorrow night - anyone of them could lift the glitterball - i cant remember a final ever being this close?
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must have misunderstood, I thought she was referring to the particular piece of choreography being shown:o

I agree about James choreography during the series though - very well suited to Pamela.:)

It might have been at that time, but she has been saying it all series. :)
    I actually cant call the winner tomorrow night - anyone of them could lift the glitterball - i cant remember a final ever being this close?

Me neither. I think the semi final the year Alesha won is the closest show there has been, when Alesha, Matt Di and Gethin were dancing for the two places in the final. Very exciting isn't it?! :D
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After a fairly dire week, a very good ITT to finish with.

The Pamela & James section was a good reflection of their time on Strictly.

One of the things I admire most about Matt is his total support for Aliona. Matt isn't stupid and has the best insight into how everything has come about and he obviously thinks a lot of her.
    I'm a fan of hers but I haven't agreed with all her choreography and I think she has not optomised it, but she is doing it her way and a pro has to be confident in themselves. I'm sure Matt's support means more to Aliona than the trophy would.
    Good report on their 'journies' too.

Excellent coverage of Kara and Artem's season too. Both delightful newcomers, and if Artem didn't talk so much he would be perfect:p. Apart from injuries and illness, they could hardly of dreamed everything would be so good. Artem brought a new style and Kara brought a new level.
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coronis wrote: »
    Think I saw a glimpse of Matt and Aliona's showdance on BBC News there's a move where she steps on his shoulder and jumps down. (I didn't describe that very well) Either way I thought it was :confused::confused: Well that's Matt's chances of picking the glitterball reduced...:p :eek:

I could see that the same way, but it looked like it was at the very start of their training and Aliona was doing a walk through of it to check how the different ideas she had would fit together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might have been at that time, but she has been saying it all series. :)

Me neither. I think the semi final the year Alesha won is the closest show there has been, when Alesha, Matt Di and Gethin were dancing for the two places in the final. Very exciting isn't it?! :D

Im getting quite excited about the final now considering i'm not supporting anyone in particular - i think Kara should win followed by Pamela and then Matt - but i think Matt might have the best support from the public
  • Options
    reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching the training footage, all three finalists are of such a high standard, we're really lucky this year :)
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james has been around the block and is using his experience to get pam looking as good as she can, ie choreography that compliments her.aliona is still relatively wet behind the ears and this may prove to be matts undoing.
  • Options
    ForerroRocherForerroRocher Posts: 10,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    Artem brought a new style and Kara brought a new level.

Nail on head! Perfect way to put it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

Im getting quite excited about the final now considering i'm not supporting anyone in particular - i think Kara should win followed by Pamela and then Matt - but i think Matt might have the best support from the public

I haven't got a feel for what the public think tbh - which is a good thing I guess! :D

Last night before we saw the training clips, I was convinced that Pamela was going into the final as the underdog, but when I heard what dances each couple were doing and the music choices, I changed my mind and put Pamela at least on the same level as the other two. Her three dances are real crowd pleasers and I think that could even give her a slight advantage. I do think Matt and Kara have slightly less advantageous dance choices than Pamela.

Who knows? :p
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't got a feel for what the public think tbh - which is a good thing I guess! :D

Last night before we saw the training clips, I was convinced that Pamela was going into the final as the underdog, but when I heard what dances each couple were doing and the music choices, I changed my mind and put Pamela at least on the same level as the other two. Her three dances are real crowd pleasers and I think that could even give her a slight advantage. I do think Matt and Kara have slightly less advantageous dance choices than Pamela.

Who knows? :p

But I also think that any advantage Pamela might have in choice is going to be offset by stamina. Depending what order she does them in, she's going to run out of energy and if she has the Charleston last of three main dances, it's going to look even more shocking that it did the first time around
  • Options
    miffyxymiffyxy Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    I <3 this thread

But lol @ twitter Erin has just tweeted Claudia 'Have you blown up my machine'

await reply!
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miffyxy wrote: »
    I <3 this thread

await reply!

Run, Claudia, run, as quickly as your ridiculously high shoes and stinking cold will carry you! :eek:
  • Options
    sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there no one at all among production, make up , floor managers, Claudia , Felicity ,the cleaners or indeed a friend that has the courage to tell Ann how to put on lipstick and keep it on her lips . ........................... :eek:

Don't think Claudia will be much help until she has learnt to put eyeliner on:)
  • Options
    MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    Totally crying at tonight's ITT. The ONLY thing that would have made it better would have been if UPS had delivered my iPad!

You suffering too. Drove my recorder 35 miles to UPS office to make sure back for Saturday after being fixed. After charging £23 for next day delivery, the parcel stopped 12 miles short of its destination "due to adverse weather conditions."
    This was Monday FGS, no snow on the roads.
    Have to dig out video recorder, I have to watch the final more than once, so much to take in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    But I also think that any advantage Pamela might have in choice is going to be offset by stamina. Depending what order she does them in, she's going to run out of energy and if she has the Charleston last of three main dances, it's going to look even more shocking that it did the first time around

That was exactly what I first thought, but now we know that Pamela will dance the VW and the Charleston in the first show and I think she'll been fine with that. She didn't look tired tonight and she hasn't been ill this week. It is so close.
    I <3 this thread

await reply!

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    I <3 this thread

await reply!

HAHAHAHA! I just went and had a look. Definitely waiting for a response on that one.:D
  • Options
    miffyxymiffyxy Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Another Erin tweet

RIP telestrator X
  • Options
    Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Matt only has four hours to train in one week??!!!!:eek:

They said that happened one week - not every week :D
This discussion has been closed.