emnatemnat Posts: 1,734
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What do you have for yours?

Comments

• missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Quorn fillet, roast potatoes and mixed vegetables (but no sprouts)
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On Christmas day we have Scallops wrapped in bacon washed down with champagne for bruch.

Turkey leftovers later on in the day as we have our Christmas dinner on Christmas eve.
  • emnatemnat Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missy83 wrote: »
    A Quorn fillet, roast potatoes and mixed vegetables (but no sprouts)

What vegetables do you have?
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grape and melon, and chicken and cheese terrine with rocket salad for the starters.
    Roast turkey crown, homemade sausage/sage/onion stuffing, chipolatas wrapped in bacon, sprouts, baton carrots, roast potatoes, parsnips, bread and cranberry sauces, and proper gravy.

We usually have the pudding in the evening, after a light meal of snacky things because we are too full for it after lunch.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Duck, carrots, red cabbage and potato croquettes. I don't have the red cabbage as I don't like it but I eat the rest. Then we have the Christmas cake (which is just a plain Madeira cake iced with rolled up icing) afterwards. We always eat it in the evening though rather than at lunchtime.
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    No starter.

Lunch: roast turkey, honey-glazed roast gammon, sage stuffing (made with bread and a little bit of potato), roast potatoes, cream potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce (I make it, it's easy peasy :) ), gravy, steamed carrots and brussels sprouts.

A wait, then homemade sherry trifle with custard and/or cream.
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nut roast with stuffing and cranberry sauce, sprouts, carrots, parsnips in honey, and roast potatoes. Onion gravy over the top.

Cake for dessert, normally something from Patisserie Valerie unless someone attending gets all brave and decides to make one.

All washed down with ridiculous amounts of alcohol, which IMO is the True Meaning of Christmas :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Prawn cocktail and avocado to start with.

Then nut roast (because I don't like turkey), sausages wrapped in bacon, stuffing, roast potatoes, roast carrots, roasted onions, cabbage and gravy.

Then everyone else has Christmas pudding if they have room :p But that's another thing I don't like, so I just start on the chocolate seashells.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Halloumi and asparagus, followed by port, cheese and biscuits, plus other nibbles.
  • missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emnat wrote: »
    What vegetables do you have?

Carrots,peas and broccoli
  • indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No starter except Champagne!

Kelly Bronze turkey crown, cranberry sauce, roast spuds done in duck fat, green beans, glazed carrots, lemon stuffing balls, Sausage wrapped in bacon, sprouts sauteed with pancetta, chestnuts and toasted pinenuts along with a splash of Marsala, brandy cream.Giblet gravy.

Dessert, Xmas pud with brandy cream (for the others, not me).

Champagne by the bucketload!
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chicken jalfrezi this year. Always wanted to be different and now's the chance, oven's bolllxed and we can cook it on the hob. Going out for Christmas dinner on Boxing day though.
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I shall amble down tio the butchers after work today or tomorrow and see what's good for Saturday.

Likely grab a venison steak if they have one (and it looks good) which I would probably have with honey roast parsnips, portabello mushrooms and either roast corgette or roast shallots (did something similar the other week and ;)).

I have a Fru Key Lime pie for dessert if I need one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    I seen a recipe in a thread about how to make cranberry sauce but can't find it now. Can someone give me their recipe?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're at my mum and dad's this year so it will be either fruit or soup (I'll have fruit - soup is a meal in my eyes and I can never manage anything else afterwards!), turkey with all the usual bits and pieces, then either Christmas pud or a Black Forest trifle for pud.

She told us on Sunday that she's also got sausage rolls and veggie rolls, Indian snacks, nuts, crisps etc for tea. I can never manage much although I can't resist a stuffing sandwich!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    This year:
    No starter
    Roast rib of beef, yorkshire pudding,parsnips, peas, carrots and roasties
    Eton mess

Lots of champagne,
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chicken dippers with salad, prawn cocktail or pâté.

Turkey, gammon, sausages wrapped in bacon, cooked ready salted crisps, parsnips, carrots, sprouts, peas, mashed potatoes, roast potatoes, stuffing, gravy.

Always stuffed after that, but we have christmas pudding, black forest gateau, cheese and biscuits.

+ Loads of drink :D
  • emnatemnat Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olls~ wrote: »
    Chicken dippers with salad, prawn cocktail or pâté.

Turkey, gammon, sausages wrapped in bacon, cooked ready salted crisps, parsnips, carrots, sprouts, peas, mashed potatoes, roast potatoes, stuffing, gravy.

Always stuffed after that, but we have christmas pudding, black forest gateau, cheese and biscuits.

+ Loads of drink :D

What are "cooked ready salted crisps"?:eek:
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emnat wrote: »
    What are "cooked ready salted crisps"?:eek:

It's just a couple packets of ready salted crisps tipped onto a tray and cooked in the oven.

A little odd maybe :D But we've had them for as long as i can remember.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread has made me hungry.
  • Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game on, it won't be long now. Better stock up on sprouts and stuff before they run out.

I'll need to order our Turkey Crown from Waitrose soon as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Game on, it won't be long now. Better stock up on sprouts and stuff before they run out.

I'll need to order our Turkey Crown from Waitrose soon as well.

I switched my sprouts on a fortnight ago, they should be cooked just right by Christmas. :D