Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heat rash.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heat rash.

Oh God, the dreaded 'pricky heat'! Just a few minutes of the hot Greek sun will start mine off.>:(
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why a seaman stain seems to take forever to dry
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why a seaman stain seems to take forever to dry

Well Hello Sailor!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Well Hello Sailor!:D

did anyone spot a deliberate mistake :D

semen :D of course ahem :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    did anyone spot a deliberate mistake ;-):D

semen :D of course ahem :blush:

Which nicely moves me on to another trivial annoyance. The urban myth that has grown up around the old 'Captain Pugwash' kids' show. I don't know where it started but it says that many of the characters in the series had suggestive names, like 'Seaman Staines' and 'Roger the cabin boy'.
    It's completely untrue but has stuck solid and I've even got a book about children's TV that repeats it!
    (The book was published with the offending page obscured by a correction sheet, but with a bright light and some patience you can read the text underneath:D)
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Which nicely moves me on to another trivial annoyance. The urban myth that has grown up around the old 'Captain Pugwash' kids' show. I don't know where it started but it says that many of the characters in the series had suggestive names, like 'Seaman Staines' and 'Roger the cabin boy'.
    It's completely untrue but has stuck solid and I've even got a book about children's TV that repeats it!
    (The book was published with the offending page obscured by a correction sheet, but with a bright light and some patience you can read the text underneath:D)

But there was a Roger the Dog Show :ohttp://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/d4cb5e5ae7184cc89ce14a42319602e0
  • Options
    Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    It's a gotcha argument, a 'when did you stop beating your wife question', a false dichotomy.
    jjwales wrote: »
    It's because major problems like this are for governments to handle, not individuals.

Both good points, I just wanted the OP qualified with a reason.
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My brother had arranged a birthday BBQ at his new house for just the immediate family for tomorrow. I then get a message from one of his mates saying they're all going to a birthday lunch with him and do I want to come. I said what about the BBQ and they said "oh, it's been cancelled." I then get a call from my mum saying she's arranged to pop round to my brother's for a few hours instead of the BBQ. I tell her that he won't be in as he is going out with his mates instead which she had no idea about. Now she has to get her husband to go massively out of his way to drop off my brother's birthday stuff at some point this week (they're going away in a few days) all because he'd rather hang out with people he sees all the time anyway than make time for family who he hardly every sees (through laziness).
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »
    People who post on a thread with comments like "I've never heard of him/her/them". Or who say "I watched Graham Norton show but I turned over or off because I've never heard of any of the guests he had on." Why bother posting on a thread about Graham Norton's chat show then. And why both watching a show about celebs when you've never heard of any?

And why bother to post on a thread about something that you've never heard of or don't like?

If I don't recognise a name, I google them and their picture comes up and I think 'So that's who it is' (I recognise the face).

Occasionally their picture comes up and I still don't know them :o:kitty:

If a chat show host had a list of guests I didn't know, I wouldn't switch on in the first place...
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who post on a thread with comments like "I've never heard of him/her/them". Or who say "I watched Graham Norton show but I turned over or off because I've never heard of any of the guests he had on." Why bother posting on a thread about Graham Norton's chat show then. And why both watching a show about celebs when you've never heard of any?

And why bother to post on a thread about something that you've never heard of or don't like?

I strongly agree. I don't watch TV that much nowadays so quite a few TV names today are a mystery to me, but this doesn't stop me from Googling. Or ask my own encyclopaedia: my kids.

As for turning over when an unfamiliar guest shows up? Odd. What's the point of watching it, then? :confused:
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    This.

People that post music and don't give links, rather than just making a list. I've asked twice in the link below for this to be done and have been completely ignored. >:(

I don't like being ignored. It's not exactly hard to post a You Tube link to what you are listening to, as you can find just about everything music wise on YT these days.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2060633&page=109

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=78501177&postcount=2719
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=78502247&postcount=2736

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
  • Options
    coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your post had me laughing Jra. I opened the thread and found it really funny, even if it wasn't meant to be.
    Thanks for giving me the giggles. ;-)
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They especially like posting I've never heard of him/her when that person has just died. They come into the thread just to say 'Who?' and go out of the thread again. In the effort it took them to go into the thread and write that they could have spent that time googling the person's name.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Women who wear crop tops with a (fat) belly sticking out.
    C'mon people know your limits. I'm usually being told that I look a bit ill due to being pale and skinny (I'm not really ill just very white) thus I know not to flash my white stomach.

Also Graham Norton's beard - shave it off man, looks bloody awful.
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV's obsession with green subtitles :mad: Can't bloody see them on a lot of scenes... >:(
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not being able to find a pen or pencil when I need one.

A rage will erupt within me and in that moment I want push my family out of the house, slam the door on them, before tearing the house down brick by brick with my bare hands, because, somehow, it's either their fault or the stupid house's fault I can never find one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to open the front door when you need a poo
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

From the inside or the outside? One can never be sure on here...
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Or worse, getting to work and trying to remember the door code!
  • Options
    zak_gzak_g Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Nuisance Blo**y callers!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Your post had me laughing Jra. I opened the thread and found it really funny, even if it wasn't meant to be.
    Thanks for giving me the giggles. ;-)

It's not that big a deal, as I'm not too keen on most of the music these people are listening to anyway and it's not the type of thread or forum I should be posting criticisms in regarding that song is crap or I don't like this music etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The number of stupid people around.

Yesterday in a pub.

Woman. Has anybody got the time, asking around.
    Me. It's 16:27.
    Woman. What time is that?

I kid you not.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    The number of stupid people around.

I'll drink to that
    stupidity appears to be pandemic.
  • Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who never admit there wrong is a growing problem in society.
    Just arrogance.
This discussion has been closed.