Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the awful Barclays advert with out of tune bloke singing about, whatever it is it's awful
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something about the car advert that goes 'take me out, use me, abuse me, at 2am' etc etc really annoys me. The tone of the guys voice is highly irritating, as if he's reciting something profound. It's hardly Tennyson is it?
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Kleenex ad where people are surprised by video messages from loved ones on a display unit. Hate that one.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malliday wrote: »
    Lenny Henry is still snoring!

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

It's such a horrific sound. Why are they doing it to us?

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Talk about easy money, he doesn't even do the voice-over for the ad. Nice work if you can get it. ;-)
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WTF is up with that O2 Keith Lemon advert I've seen it a number of times but still not sure what he's trying to sell. Just when you think adverts couldn't get anymore stupid.

And can't remember what it's called but it's the loan advert where the woman doesn't stop saying simple in a really annoying manner.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most annoying (if its not already been mentioned) is Nicole Sherzerwhatsherface and the yogurts when she falls over all the time and gurns. Is she supposed to be pissed?
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like white tea bags.
    If they are brown it makes me think that they've gone off or that somethings wrong with them.

I really like the muppet 'its alright' advert for...
    I don't know what its for.
    The runtime doesn't bother me because I record almost everything just to skip adverts, yet still see the ones that annoy me the most far too often, so haven't seen it that many times
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »
    the awful Barclays advert with out of tune bloke singing about, whatever it is it's awful

I've noticed that out of tune "talk singing" is becoming more and more prevalent in ads. Another one is Wahanda (or whatever it is). Bring back twee covers...
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most annoying (if its not already been mentioned) is Nicole Sherzerwhatsherface and the yogurts when she falls over all the time and gurns. Is she supposed to be pissed?

She's in a number of adverts but all of them are just so infuriating, but this one is the worst, she gate crashes a family gathering and then she smashes up the table and their food makes a huge mess and then has the audacity to laugh at the chaos she has caused. But seriously I really hate that advert. >:(
  • Options
    Yorkshire SteveYorkshire Steve Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    FRANK - The gaming robot! For some reason it's for "Fridge Raiders" snacks which seem to have been branded The Gaming Snack. I wonder what they were on during that ad strategy meeting.
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TRT1968 wrote: »
    F***ing Facebook. Like that horrorshow needs to advertise. ...
    There's at least a couple of variants and the other night I saw the 'girls running off to be jihadi brides to the tune of Like A Prayer(?)' one for the first time in a while and the other one that has a tune from The Cure which I'm sure was about butterflies (or was that just the video) and the ephemeral tone of that seems entirely contrary to the 'life-long' message they want to make us believe. Or not, I also have no idea why they need to advertise the advertising platform.
    ... Also, who cares if they are only going to go brown when you pour boiling water on them?
    That can't be right, things go brown if they are chocolatey, that coco pops monkey said so, which means either tea is chocolatey or it isn't brown. FACT.
  • Options
    Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FRANK - The gaming robot! For some reason it's for "Fridge Raiders" snacks which seem to have been branded The Gaming Snack. I wonder what they were on during that ad strategy meeting.

I can see this one failing, wasn't FRANK the governments anti-drugs campaign a few years back? Maybe they could combine the two:-

"Hey kids I'm Frank the anti-drug chicken lovin' robot. I say don't do drugs, but feel free to stuff yourself with processed chicken whilst sitting on your a**e play FIFA!"

I think I may have come up with a way Osborne can save some money, get private companies to sponser all future government Public Information Films.

"Don't Drink & Drive - brought to you by Carling."

"Kill your speed - sponsored by EA's Need for Speed."

"Change for life, eat 5 fruit & veg a day - this message in partnership with the Mars Corporation."

"If traveling to europe remember to get your free European Health Card for free emergency treatment throughout the EEA - in conjuction with SAGA Over 50's Holiday insurance."

"Don't forget to look out for elderly relatives and neighbours this winter season - brought to you by Co-Operative Funeral Care."

Hooray I've just saved the taxpayer millions. I believe a Knighthood will be offered to me shortly. :D
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    The BT advert with Jose Mourinho, who has the personality of a wet flannel.
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gerard Bulter and his 'Man of today' smelly water crap

Martine McCutheon's pronunciation of because as bekizz
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen that tea advert, weird! "Tea bags aren't naturally white" - they don't grow on trees you daft bint.
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doritos Roulette.

First off, am I the only one who things it's a weird product in the first place? If I want spicy crisps, I'll buy spicy crisps. If I don't, I won't. I guess they're trying to make some kind of party game snack, but is the market for spicy-vs-non-spicy-party-games really that significant? :confused:

Second, can someone explain the relevance of the creepy oversized animals?
  • Options
    davadsdavads Posts: 8,643
    Forum Member
    elena wrote: »
    Doritos Roulette.

First off, am I the only one who things it's a weird product in the first place? If I want spicy crisps, I'll buy spicy crisps. If I don't, I won't. I guess they're trying to make some kind of party game snack, but is the market for spicy-vs-non-spicy-party-games really that significant? :confused:

I'm intrigued by the "Unsuitable for young children" caption!
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elena wrote: »
    Doritos Roulette.

I think they're copying Nandos wings roulette idea.

I bought them because I love spicy food. However the spicy crisps in this bag are so hot they almost made me sick. Horrible things.
  • Options
    MoFoHoMoFoHo Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Bring back twee covers...

Please don't.... :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoFoHo wrote: »
    Please don't.... :)

I never really minded them to be honest, in general. The out of tune talk singing is like nails down a blackboard for me though.
  • Options
    SadeyedSadeyed Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loathe the sounds of people eating, so I find that Poligrip "Eat Loud" advert vile. Turns my stomach.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    That vomit inducing bank ad, with the annoying kid/family. The one when the man touches her stomach and she's suddenly pregnant.
    Sick making.

I think it's a fact that all bank ads are fecking terrible. Patronising, smug tosh.
  • Options
    best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    That vomit inducing bank ad, with the annoying kid/family. The one when the man touches her stomach and she's suddenly pregnant.
    Sick making.

I think it's a fact that all bank ads are fecking terrible. Patronising, smug tosh.

I'd imagine all banks have a huge advertising budget so what else are they going to fill their puke-making ads. with?

They can hardly show their everyday activities - flogging PPI, fiddling the Libor rate, selling unclaimable critical illness cover/endowment mortgages. That would show people that all banks are basically chiselling crooks.
  • Options
    macavity77macavity77 Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    Money Supermarket with the bloke in high heels. Weird and creepy.
  • Options
    Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WTF is up with that O2 Keith Lemon advert I've seen it a number of times but still not sure what he's trying to sell. Just when you think adverts couldn't get anymore stupid.

Not only that but they're using the theme music to Enter The Dragon a Chinese film that took place in Hong Kong, yet all the imagery and dialogue signifies Japan. Er, hello Mr.Lazy-Soundmixer, they're two entirely different countries. But oh, if 'they all look alike' it's alright to use it and no-one will notice, eh?
This discussion has been closed.