Options

International Cricket 2015

Comments

• Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    england retain the ashes

cant say i saw this coming after lords but what a great all-round performance the last couple of tests
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    That will do nicely ;)
  • Options
    Will_JohnsonWill_Johnson Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But doesn't that mean that there hasn't being an umpiring error ? if the decision goes against the team instigating it, it means the umpire was correct.

No it doesn't. For example, for an LBW, a ball can be clipping the stumps in an umpires call. In that case the review is reasonable even if the decision isn't given. If the point of review is to get rid of clear errors then you shouldn't be penalised if the case could easily be made either way.
  • Options
    StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn it, i don't know any Australians (they'll be back)
    But the beers in the fridge, got my name on it
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely buzzing.

We have finally got a team full of decent bowlers, in Root a truly brilliant batsman.

We just have to find a way to keep Anderson ticking over for another ten years.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor old Broad, didn't even get a bowl today. No 10 for record for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clarke retires.....hurt.
  • Options
    Will_JohnsonWill_Johnson Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Outstanding from England. Some of the best cricket we've played in my living memory. And some great talent with much more still to offer. Both our Test and ODI sides are shaping up well.
  • Options
    roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,928
    Forum Member
    I actually really liked the way Cook kept his faith in Wood this morning and didn't take the ball off him and give it to Broad.

The bowler will appreciate that.
  • Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done England. :)
  • Options
    ThomasStirkThomasStirk Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wardy getting soaked :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Feel slightly sad about Clarkes retirements. I do think he is a great player/person
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swingaleg asked a question in the tv & home entertainment forum earlier in the year and I suggested avoiding the cricket as it was going to X certificate.
    I didn't realise it would be X certificate....if you are Australian.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a lot of respect for Clarke he earned it with the Phil Hughes death and how he handled it
    good career pup enjoy your retirement
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bayliss is making the right decisions.

And I think England look a better balanced bowling side with a pacier bowling attack.
    We dont have the luxury of Swann anymore so the extra overall pace helps in getting wickets all round.
    Rushworth would have been a very good sub for Anderson but I preferred this lineup.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a lot of respect for Clarke he earned it with the Phil Hughes death and how he handled it
    good career pup enjoy your retirement

Great player, fantastic professional and top bloke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cook emotional :cry::(
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    4 ashes home wins in a row must nearly be unprecented (unless the aussies have done it) not known england to
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice of Cook to credit Mooresy there I no it didn't work out but Root and Stokes etc were given there chance to shine by him
  • Options
    Artie FischalArtie Fischal Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pup emulates his fellow countryman Kim Hughes and Cookie follows. Very emotional.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully winning the ashes will allow Buttler to play with some freedom and release whatever was constricting his natural game.
  • Options
    hardeephardeep Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    4 ashes home wins in a row must nearly be unprecented (unless the aussies have done it) not known england to

The Aussies won 8 series on the trot from '89 onwards - 4 at home & 4 over here - they were pretty decent side;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    Hopefully winning the ashes will allow Buttler to play with some freedom and release whatever was constricting his natural game.

He's a weird one Buttler isn't he he can be fantastic to watch but in the test game he's yet to really explode into life
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Nice of Cook to credit Mooresy there I no it didn't work out but Root and Stokes etc were given there chance to shine by him

thought it was a bit of a sop tbh and totally unnecessary

if moores had still been in charge i doubt very much we would have been in this position

and iirc both root and stokes were part of the england setup before moores was appointed
  • Options
    Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really has come down to home teams playing to win and away teams not bothering to make a match of it. A strong Indian side showed this when they lost 4-0 in the tests in England and then again 3-1 last year. Home advantage, english pitches and combination of English weather ie: cold in the summer, is too much for visiting teams.

England has done well time and again in England but been routed abroad. For eg: they beat a very strong Indian side 4-1 and then lost 3-0 to Pakistan in Abu Dhabi the next month. They beat Australia in Ashes at home and then lost 5-0 in Ashes in Australia the same year.

Not wishing to put a dampner on English celebrations today but if these same set of teams were to play next week in Australia, England would appear as minnows.

Test cricket has become so one sided these days that they finish in 2 days and one session. Opposing teams cant be bothered when the dice is loaded against them so heavily. England find the heat and dust in India, Sri lanka and Asian places difficult, quite naturally. Sub continental teams have to bat and field in the mid day son wearing jumpers in England.

This is not good for test cricket.