Under orders from their team, they cheated their way to a Ferrari 1-2

MORE cheating in sport!

Absolute Disgrace:eek:

Comments

• Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got an explanation for us motorsport philistines as you stuck this in GD rather than sport? :p:D;)
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,633
    Forum Member
    Ferrarri would have had a 1-2 regardless.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    They would have got the first two places anyway. Just in the other order.

For non-fans - Massa was in 1st, Alonso in 2nd. Orders came over the radio that Alonso had the faster car, Massa then slowed to let him past and they finished with Alonso 1st and Massa 2nd.
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this considered cheating is it?

Competitive sports and me dont mix very well. sorry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »

For non-fans - Massa was in 1st, Alonso in 2nd. Orders came over the radio that Alonso had the faster car, Massa then slowed to let him past and they finished with Alonso 1st and Massa 2nd.

Not the first time, won't be the last. They are teams and as such have to work towards the best interest of the team.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »

Yet he was 2nd.:confused::D
  • Options
    Finlay ReaderFinlay Reader Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just HIGHLIGHTS the political corruption that goes on in this shithole of a country. Don't think I haven't seen through their antics. This won't go un-challenged
  • Options
    pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kinky j wrote: »
    Not the first time, won't be the last. They are teams and as such have to work towards the best interest of the team.
    Dunno if it's in the best interests of the team to lose Massa and Smedley, though, and that's where they're headed. And they won't get anybody good to replace Massa.

That leaves them with Alonso, who's good but utterly unreliable, and fairly likely to end up in trouble for being a childish, petulant, spiteful little b*stard :D
  • Options
    mungobrushmungobrush Posts: 9,332
    Forum Member
    Under orders from their team, they cheated their way to a Ferrari 1-2

MORE cheating in sport!

Absolute Disgrace:eek:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment - this thread is in the wrong place.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Just HIGHLIGHTS the political corruption that goes on in this shithole of a country. Don't think I haven't seen through their antics. This won't go un-challenged

Ooooooooh, what are you going to do? Sounds exciting.
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member

Nice rant, shame about the facts. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    They all do team orders. It was just so obvious the way they did it though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KJ44 wrote: »
    Nice rant, shame about the facts. :D

Maybe he's writing from Hampshire in Germany
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,633
    Forum Member
    pickwick wrote: »
    Dunno if it's in the best interests of the team to lose Massa and Smedley, though, and that's where they're headed. And they won't get anybody good to replace Massa.

That leaves them with Alonso, who's good but utterly unreliable, and fairly likely to end up in trouble for being a childish, petulant, spiteful little b*stard :D
    I hear Nelson Piquet junior is still looking for a drive. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,815
    Forum Member
    The race was in Germany, the team is Italian, and the drivers Spanish and Brazilian.

Which of those countries do you mean? :D

Another undeserved win for Alonso, though. He's getting quite a few of those now.
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Thanks for letting me know Alonso won, I'll make a mental note not to watch it now, as I can't stand the p**ck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pickwick wrote: »

Unless they've already made a deal to get Schumacher back. Unfortunately, with the constraints put on modern racing, the only hopes of success it to have a decent car and a decent driver, having only one just doesn't cut it anymore.

The combination of Schuie and Ferrari was damn near unbeatable, so I'm definitely holding out hopes that they're trying to get him back. Would be interesting if some of the up and coming drivers manage to get cars that suit their driving styles too, there's not been much excitement in the sport since the old Schuie-Hill rivalry.:D
  • Options
    mummypiggetmummypigget Posts: 12,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not on at all.

Maybe there has to be some drama each F1 to raise its profile even higher, take Silverstone 2 weeks ago with all the fallout in the Red Bull camp.

It makes me mad that it happens, didn't it happen with Ferrari a couple of seasons ago too??

I do not like Alonso and was pleased when he left McLaren.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F1 in pantomime to try and make it slightly interesting shocker.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The combination of Schuie and Ferrari was damn near unbeatable, :D

Except maybe by Rubens who was ordered to let Schumacher pass - just like today
  • Options
    mummypiggetmummypigget Posts: 12,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mungobrush wrote: »

Thats the one I was thinking of!!!!!! Thank you!!
  • Options
    pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless they've already made a deal to get Schumacher back. Unfortunately, with the constraints put on modern racing, the only hopes of success it to have a decent car and a decent driver, having only one just doesn't cut it anymore.

The combination of Schuie and Ferrari was damn near unbeatable, so I'm definitely holding out hopes that they're trying to get him back. Would be interesting if some of the up and coming drivers manage to get cars that suit their driving styles too, there's not been much excitement in the sport since the old Schuie-Hill rivalry.:D
    I was wondering if Schuie would go back to Ferrari, but I think they'd have to get rid of Alonso first, because I doubt Schuie would settle for the shit Massa's getting! If they got rid of Alonso and put Schuie and Massa in again, as equals for the moment, that'd be pretty good.

As for new drivers, I had high hopes for Algersuari that don't seem to be being realised, but Kobayashi's pretty good. Be interesting to see him in a better car.
  • Options
    A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member
    Boo hiss. Stick three points on his licence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mungobrush wrote: »

Barrichello, much like Alonso, Had moments of brilliance and moments of being totally dire. He was never reliable enough to maintain a consistent input of points.

When he was told to let Schumacher pass it was because it was late in the season and the points could have made the difference between Schuie ranking top in the driver's championship and coming second. Even with those points it would have been impossible for Reuben to win the driver's championship, therefore it was in the teams best interest for Schuie to take them. IIRC, it led to the team ranking top on both leaderboards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Barrichello, much like Alonso, Had moments of brilliance and moments of being totally dire. He was never reliable enough to maintain a consistent input of points.

When he was told to let Schumacher pass it was because it was late in the season and the points could have made the difference between Schuie ranking top in the driver's championship and coming second. Even with those points it would have been impossible for Reuben to win the driver's championship, therefore it was in the teams best interest for Schuie to take them. IIRC, it led to the team ranking top on both leaderboards.

To me - it doesn't matter what the reason was - it's not in the best interests of the sport - just like today