Corrie 06/12/2010: Crashed The Wedding (Tram Week Day One)

Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,383
Forum Member
First Episode

Tyrone refuses to listen when Molly says she's leaving, but Molly's adamant. As heartbreak turns to despair, Tyrone insists he won't let Molly out of the house, claiming she can only go if she leaves Jack with him as he won't be parted from his son.

Molly swallows hard and drops the bombshell that he is not Jack's father. Astounded, Tyrone demands to know who is…

Meanwhile, as Leanne and Peter get ready for their hen and stag parties, Peter's on cloud nine, blissfully unaware of Leanne's affair with Nick. The stags - Peter, Ken, Steve, Lloyd, Dev, Eddie, Jason, Kirk, Ashley and Chris - gather at The Joinery, where Ciaran is forced to serve cold food as he complains about the gas supply.

As the hens - Janice, Eileen, Rita, Michelle, Carla, Julie, Fiz, Deirdre - meet in The Rovers, Nick arrives to talk to Leanne. She's adamant she's marrying Peter, but as he makes one final bid to convince her to flee with him, will Leanne waiver?

Elsewhere, Becky is shocked when Max goes missing; Tina starts work at The Rovers; Charlotte puts more pressure on John over the phone before turning up at number five; and Lloyd and Chris fight over Cheryl.

Writer: Peter Whalley

Second Episode:

Peter's enjoying his stag night when Nick arrives wanting a word. Witnessing his dark mood, Ken hurries over the road and hauls Leanne out of The Rovers, revealing Nick's about to talk to Peter. In his office, Nick's about to reveal all when Ashley interrupts to say goodnight. Suddenly, a huge explosion tears through The Joinery.

Molly, Jack and Sunita are inside the shop as the blast showers them with glass. Outside, Kevin, Ken, Leanne and Becky are flung to the ground and residents pour out onto the street. Inside The Joinery there's devastation, while in the office Nick, Peter and Ashley lie trapped and unconscious.

Holding Jack to her, a dazed Molly heads for the shop door, but a piercing screeching of brakes rings out as a tram slithers along the viaduct and crashes onto the crowded street below. It hits the corner shop before smashing into The Kabin - and Rita is buried under rubble inside…

Meanwhile, John finally tells Charlotte that he has no intention of leaving Fiz. As they argue, Charlotte grabs a hammer and swings it wildly. John wrestles it from her, but as she heads to the door he raises the hammer himself. Has John killed Charlotte? He picks up the phone to dial 999 just as the tram hits…

Elsewhere, Becky scours the Street for Max.

Writer: Joe Turner

Discuss here! :D:):D

What did you think of the episodes? 546 votes

Brilliant
68% 376 votes
Good
17% 97 votes
Average
5% 29 votes
Poor
2% 15 votes
Very Poor
5% 29 votes

Comments

• PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a tram through the viaduct!
  • MarzBar85MarzBar85 Posts: 15,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a tram through the viaduct!

I wonder if people (viewers who have been missing the tram sounds!) will actually hear the tram tonight before they see it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so excited for this. I am expecting this to be the most epic and brilliant week of soap we have seen in years.

Bring on the tram! :D:D
  • jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,038
    Forum Member
    OH MY GOD, it's the first time I've seen this!

You mean Kieran is really going to serve COLD FOOD!

:D
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit that i am stupidly excited about tonight.

I want to be sat with a large glass of wine and to give it my full undivided attention :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OH MY GOD, it's the first time I've seen this!

You mean Kieran is really going to serve COLD FOOD!

:D

What, no Lancashire Tapas?! :eek:
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is something noteworthy happening in tonight's eps then? :confused::D
  • Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,383
    Forum Member
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Is something noteworthy happening in tonight's eps then? :confused::D

No, it's just another normal, humdrum day in the life of some Northern folk who live somewhere called Weatherfield...... ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    A small and insignificant comment in the wake of such a dramatic episode - but why on earth is CHRIS at the stag do??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Really looking forward to tonight. Trouble is, I need to catch up on last weeks episodes! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone... I'm new to the forum, although DS has been my haven for soaps gossip for a few months now... :D Really looking forward to these episodes, and hoping that they are some of the best Corrie has done! Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome!

Only 4 hours to go until all hell breaks loose and our months of speculation comes to an end when we realise we were all wrong with our guessing!
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it's just another normal, humdrum day in the life of some Northern folk who live somewhere called Weatherfield...... ;)
    Just as I thought. ;)
    A small and insignificant comment in the wake of such a dramatic episode - but why on earth is CHRIS at the stag do??
    I think the question is, why is he in the show? They either need to give him and Cheryl something interesting to do soon, or get rid, because both are a bit :yawn::sleep: at the mo.
    shell2408 wrote: »
    Hi everyone... I'm new to the forum, although DS has been my haven for soaps gossip for a few months now... :D Really looking forward to these episodes, and hoping that they are some of the best Corrie has done! Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself!
    Welcome to DS. :)
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    I know this is the most expensive stunt in soap history but do people think these will be the best EVER eps of Corrie, or of all the soaps put together?

And don't forget the first ever episode of Coronation Street is sandwiched in at 8pm :cool:
  • MODTLMODTL Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe because he could be the fourth death :cool: BTW that's only a pure guess
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hello and Welcome we are all really nice and friendly here on DS so dont be frightend :D

Its a bit sad tnt also its the last time we can have a wish list of who gets trammed! :cry::cry:
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member

Welcome, welcome! :)

Only 4-or-so hours left. Can't wait. :D
  • flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,798
    Forum Member
    Really can't wait to see this :D
  • cragsbycragsby Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the words of King Theoden In LOTR: The Two Towers

"So it begins!"

So excited! :D
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarzBar85 wrote: »
    I wonder if people (viewers who have been missing the tram sounds!) will actually hear the tram tonight before they see it!

Probably not, they seem to have missed the tram at the beggining of every episode for the last 8 years xD
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahhhh, very excited! :D:D:D

Can't it be nowwwwww?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot wait - Hope its not a let down like Tony's siege week.
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    I'm so excited about tonight!

Have they filmed Corrie in a different way? it looks so different on the previews!
  • walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member

Welcome to the forums :D

I'm not even a regular viewer but I can't wait for these episodes. I'm an EE fan but I have to say that this looks so much better! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I've just got a feeling that the tram crash will occur at the very end of the episode, leaving it on a major cliffhanger! It'll definitely have me desperate for tomorrow to come quicker!