Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• iluvjohnsargiluvjohnsarg Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    I don't know that it was a pilot... there were two (fairly short) series according to the C4 website. - presumably when it proved itself, the format just evolved.

I didn't see the 3iaB series - normally I can't stand "reality" TV so it didn't appeal but then a friend of a friend was due to be on so I watched 4iaB and was hooked.

Thanks for the link Normandie!

I only guessed at the pilot thing. I'm not much of a reality TV person, but I likke my one hour of FIAB and CDWM to relax to when I get home from a long day at the office! ;)
  • iluvjohnsargiluvjohnsarg Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    Jamtamara, the misery wasn't Kevin from Marple was it?

I saw the all the TIABs and one of the American shows. I can't remember all the couples, but I do remember a Texas couple, they had a brilliant sense of humour, were great hosts and took everybody out to a fantastic diner in their restored splitscreen campervan.
    The second series of TIAB involved pubegate, anyone remember? Featured Stoberry house, Frome dale and The Blue Pigeons.

The Blue Pigeons at Worth.
    http://www.thebluepigeons.co.uk/

Not all that far from The Salutation in Sandwich.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    Not especially short - a series of 8 followed by a series of 10.
    But in comparison to season 3 of FiaB that had 60 episodes... and this season seems to have at least 30 episodes according to the C4 website...
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,639
    Forum Member
    Ah, yes, Kevin... Four in a Bed Gold...

Describing the noise as Holocaustic is ridiculous and offensive.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,393
    Forum Member
    flique wrote: »
    How strange my post disappeared.

Well this is where I said tarrah last night as I was off to watch Splash. That last post of mine is missing and perhaps any that was posted after 7.0pm until Flique's post quoted here. Anyone post yesterday evening?

ps I see that Normandie posted around midnight. It would appear that post between 7.0pm and mid night have gone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Describing the noise as Holocaustic, is ridiculous and offensive.
    He was trying to be clever and failed.

ETA: I suppose, thinking about it, we tend to associate holocaust with the genocide connotations of WWII. But in a broader sense one would refer to a nuclear or even a fiery holocaust, etc. So while he was clearly totally and ridiculously OTT, if I'm fair, he wasn't actually offensive.
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was trying to be clever and failed.

He certainly did, why was he in hospitality? Didn't do it for me as a host, I didn't like his B&B either. I think I liked the Sottish one, run by a Mother and son.

The Blue Pigeons has changed hands since TIAB, It's not far from me.
    Forum Member
    My uncle lives on the same street as Roxboro House in Warkworth. Lovely village, and I recommend it to anyone. It's about an hour up the road from Newcastle, and close to the coast and countryside :)http://www.roxbrohouse.co.uk/
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    Haven't checked yet, but I wonder if the mods have removed pages which were about 'the clique'? I gather they remove posts which they consider to be 'off topic', although I would have thought that particular exchange of posts was very relevant - in any thread.
    I was disappointed to find I had missed yesterday's repeat, so checked the listings to see if there was one today and couldn't find one, now I see that there was :rolleyes: Darn it I rather like to watch the repeats.

I only saw a bit of Kevin from Marple, who I now understand is a FIAB legend. I even missed the guided tour. Devastated, devastated, but I see that>>>
    Jamtamara, the misery wasn't Kevin from Marple was it?

I saw the all the TIABs and one of the American shows. I can't remember all the couples, but I do remember a Texas couple, they had a brilliant sense of humour, were great hosts and took everybody out to a fantastic diner in their restored splitscreen campervan.
    The second series of TIAB involved pubegate, anyone remember? Featured Stoberry house, Frome dale and The Blue Pigeons.

>>>Kevin was remembered for all the wrong reasons. :D

From the above, MG as I like to call you, it looks as if there are several repeats to which to look forward. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My uncle lives in the same street as Roxboro House in Warkworth. Lovely village, and I recommend it to anyone. It's about an hour up the road from Newcastle, and close to the coast and countryside :)http://www.roxbrohouse.co.uk/

Predictably, I can't contain myself here, I apologise everyone....

I have been lea, in 2010, I am going back thanks to a tip by SolarSail about a deal at the moment, it is a gorgeous place in a stunning location.
    I am very, very jealous of your Uncle lea, Warkworth and it's surroundings are stunning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    I only saw a bit of Kevin from Marple, who I now understand is a FIAB legend. I even missed the guided tour. Devastated, devastated, but I see that>>>

>>>Kevin was remembered for all the wrong reasons. :D

From the above, MG as I like to call you, it looks as if there are several repeats to which to look forward. :)

Hahaha MG. I kinda like it.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Predictably, I can't contain myself here, I apologise everyone...
    Don't you worry, MrsG... we all have continence problems at times...

:D
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahaha MG. I kinda like it.;)

Not to be confused with BG :D:p
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My uncle lives in the same street as Roxboro House in Warkworth. Lovely village, and I recommend it to anyone. It's about an hour up the road from Newcastle, and close to the coast and countryside :)http://www.roxbrohouse.co.uk/

I love their website where you have to look behind the closed doors to see the room details....very clever!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you worry, MrsG... we all have continence problems at times...

:D

Thank you for your understanding, I am getting on a bit.;)

No BG, quite right too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love their website where you have to look behind the closed doors to see the room details....very clever!
    It's a very neat idea... but I wanted more photos - once you've seen one monogrammed towel closeup you've seen them all...

It does look a lovely hotel.
    Forum Member
    We usually have a drive round that area, including Amble, Lesbury, Shilbottle and Hauxley. It's beautiful.
    The episode with Roxboro House https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vyBNurM-rM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sooo excited.

Finally got the dates for my best friend's birthday surprise weekend and am going to book G! Boutique for the weekend!

I think I might be a bit star struck when I get there!! :)

Ooh, just spied this, lovely. Enjoy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just caught up with last week's offering.

I really enjoyed it, the stars of the show for me, are Steph and Dom ( To the Manor Born), they are not snobbish at all and are great fun, and always look relaxed.

There was friction between James and Andrea, it was like Punch & Judy, and I felt sorry for the Wizard's coming last.

It's very unfair trying to compare a £40 a night B&B and a £200 a night hotel, i suppose it's done to create friction between the contestants.

Is The Winterbourne (Showbar), going to take the West End by storm?
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hamigo wrote: »

I really enjoyed it, the stars of the show for me, are Steph and Dom ( To the Manor Born), they are not snobbish at all and are great fun, and always look relaxed.

There was friction between James and Andrea, it was like Punch & Judy, and I felt sorry for the Wizard's coming last.

It's very unfair trying to compare a £40 a night B&B and a £200 a night hotel, i suppose it's done to create friction between the contestants.

doubt it, but I should imagine that it isn`t a bad night out...if you like that sorta thing.
  • fliqueflique Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a nosey at FB page and I see Andrea from Northrise is doing a raffle for a 2 night stay there and bottle of champagne, £5 a ticket with a maximum 50 tickets to be sold.

She has taken a bit of stick from one poster but if she wants to cash in on her little bit of fame good luck to her and no I haven't bought a ticket.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hamigo wrote: »

Hi hamigo :) Yes, it was a shame about the wizard Wizard's Thatch but they did themselves a lot of credit nevertheless.

Steph and Dom were great company too. They're my kind of posh people. Sort of chummy and matey and blokey and you feel you could say anything to them. :D

The Blackpool place was fun too and I would enjoy taking part even though or perhaps because I am quite shy otherwise. That seems to be common enough but on theother hand you get some people opening a B & B purely to showcase their need to perform. I wouldn't go that far. But then again, never say never...

I am a little on the mature side now though, as daisydee has noted. ;):D

Ps: Is that your little dog in your profile pic? Adorable!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hooter wrote: »
    doubt it, but I should imagine that it isn`t a bad night out...if you like that sorta thing.

Exactly!
    flique wrote: »
    Just had a nosey at FB page and I see Andrea from Northrise is doing a raffle for a 2 night stay there and bottle of champagne, £5 a ticket with a maximum 50 tickets to be sold.

She has taken a bit of stick from one poster but if she wants to cash in on her little bit of fame good luck to her and no I haven't bought a ticket.

She wasn't as bad as she was painted, I feel. Come on here, Andrea, if you are 'ard enough (underneath)! We're nice people really. :)
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,393
    Forum Member
    jamtamara wrote: »
    Hi hamigo :) Yes, it was a shame about the wizard Wizard's Thatch but they did themselves a lot of credit nevertheless.

Steph and Dom were great company too. They're my kind of posh people. Sort of chummy and matey and blokey and you feel you could say anything to them. :D

The Blackpool place was fun too and I would enjoy taking part even though or perhaps because I am quite shy otherwise. That seems to be common enough but on theother hand you get some people opening a B & B purely to showcase their need to perform. I wouldn't go that far. But then again, never say never...

I am a little on the mature side now though, as daisydee has noted. ;):D
    Ps: Is that your little dog in your profile pic? Adorable!

That should read 'as is daisydee' :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry if someone else has already posted..just thought I'd mention Andrea's intriguing raffle on the Facebook page. Er what is that all about . £5 a ticket pay by paypal an dget a chance to meet them?:confused:
This discussion has been closed.