Missing Mum

shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
Forum Member
I know there are thousands of people who go missing each year..this missing mum is from the next village on from me..I am asking if anyone reading this could please just take a look at this page and pass on via facebook if possible..Karen has been missing since Sunday morning after going to her local Tesco for nappies for her baby..she is suffering from post natal depression since the birth of her daughter in November..she has a loving family..a baby daughter and two young sons..there is a large number of police on search and 100s of locals but the further the word spreads the better..

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-FIND-KAREN-Simpson/148516585307666

I am not putting this post up for debate..it is a genuine ask for help spreading the word further afield and seeing if anyone recognises her..Thanks in advance.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh how awful. I'll share the facebook page but not sure how much good it will do as we are not in the area. Hope she is found.
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    Oh how awful. I'll share the facebook page but not sure how much good it will do as we are not in the area. Hope she is found.

Thank you...police search is still in the area and surrounding areas but not much information on her whereabouts after leaving Tescos..the store is right by a train station and on bus routes..so worth spreading the word further afield..thanks x
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she is found very soon I have shared it on my page and groups

But must say some of the things the sister asks of people are quite bizarre.
    Forum Member
    I hope she is found very soon I have shared it on my page and groups

But must say some of the things the sister asks of people are quite bizarre.

I dont know the family or the lady that has gone missing..so cannot speak on experience..but I think she has possibly made a few rash comments through sheer exhaustion and worry..people are searching day and night and I dont think she has stopped much..she has made a couple of apologies..not excusing but perhaps explains x
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't got facebook but I'll wish luck in the search, My nephews mum went missing last year she was eventually found but took her own life a few months later. :(
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully she has just gone away for a few days to catch her breath and get some peace and quiet away from the demands of 3 small children. Post natal depression could mean she isn't thinking rationally and she may not realise how much her disappearance is affecting people. I hope she is found soon, and is given the help she needs.
    Forum Member
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    I haven't got facebook but I'll wish luck in the search, My nephews mum went missing last year she was eventually found but took her own life a few months later. :(

Im sorry to hear that..x
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    Hoping she is found asap and safe and sound.
    Forum Member
    AnitaS wrote: »
    Hopefully she has just gone away for a few days to catch her breath and get some peace and quiet away from the demands of 3 small children. Post natal depression could mean she isn't thinking rationally and she may not realise how much her disappearance is affecting people. I hope she is found soon, and is given the help she needs.

Hopefully..
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Setting up a bank account is rather odd. Sounds like a scam.

Does this usually happen?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sometimes. But reading that it sounds as if people have been offering funds to help the search so they are making separate arrangements for that - which is the right thing to do to keep donations separate. I don't think they have ASKED for money.
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shirlt9 wrote: »
    I dont know the family or the lady that has gone missing..so cannot speak on experience..but I think she has possibly made a few rash comments through sheer exhaustion and worry..people are searching day and night and I dont think she has stopped much..she has made a couple of apologies..not excusing but perhaps explains x

Yes I expect most of us would feel and do the same in her situation :(

Hope she is found soon I never realised how many people went missing till I joined our local police on FB
  • Tom_TitTom_Tit Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member

Glad somebody else posted it. That page is pretty poor.
    Forum Member

I dont know the answer to that..but having followed the facebook page from day 1 I can say that this came about because there were countless messages from people who had lived in the area and moved away..they were saying "I feel useless..I live in London-Spain" etc..you get the idea..a few people asked if they could send a donation via paypal to help with costs of food for locals out searching because they couldnt be there themselves..some people ordered a tesco shop and had bits delivered to the search venue..so I know the "bank account" thing has been initially suggested by others..and not by the family..only because ex locals living away wanted to help..I understand after the Karen matthews case people are wary..but I know quite a few people from the area who are friends with the family..this is not a hoax..her sister has flown back from Australia as soon as she could..
    Forum Member
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    Sometimes. But reading that it sounds as if people have been offering funds to help the search so they are making separate arrangements for that - which is the right thing to do to keep donations separate. I don't think they have ASKED for money.

Thats exactly what has happened..the family DID NOT suggest this..ex locals wanted to help with donations to buy food for other locals searching..and were asking where they could send paypal payment to..the family havent asked anybody for donations of money..they did ask if anyone local could help with dontaions of food for people seaching..but didnt ask for huge amounts..it was very much if you can spare a loaf,packet of ham for sandwiches..crisps etc..
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member

Tom_Tit wrote: »

It's quite clear on the page that other people suggested it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Post natal depression doesn't sound good.

Posts are strange though.
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Yeah they really ought to have flown in some expert web designers from the states to set up a proper, dedicated site, right?
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    It's quite clear on the page that other people suggested it.

Only if you read downwards quite a long way.
    Forum Member
    It's not the design. It's the odd posts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Which posts do you find odd?
    Forum Member

The comments you are concerned about are coming from very close friends and siblings..they are not trained publicists,they are just normal people worried sick by the disappearance of someone they love..whilst spending all their time searching,not sleeping and trying to get the word out to as many people as possible..so for example if the police had made a comment about best if nobody dials Karens phone..they are just trying to get this message out there to people..please do no dial karens phone..it may not be the most "professional" sounding plea..but it is one from the heart trying to get the message across..the facebook site was set up to get the message out to locals so they could share with friends and friends of friends...it is from a family in turmoil..

if this turns out to be hoax (and I do not beleive for one minute it is at all..)..I promise to come back on this site apologise and eat my words..my aim for posting on DS is to possibly help get the message further afield
    Forum Member
    Asking people to stay indoors for starters.