Options

The man with teddy in his pocket

dolly doodolly doo Posts: 171
Forum Member
Sorry I don't know his name, but if anyone remembers the auditions, he was in the over 25's section. The man had his little girls teddy in his pocket and they all put him through. This was in his words, his last chance. I remember after putting him through, he gave teddy a big kiss. He seemed like a really nice guy, I never saw he at boot camp? I wonder what happened. I know he never made it to the last 8, but Sharon really liked him.

Did anyone else see him tonight?

Comments

• Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dolly doo wrote:
    Sorry I don't know his name, but if anyone remembers the auditions, he was in the over 25's section. The man had his little girls teddy in his pocket and they all put him through. This was in his words, his last chance. I remember after putting him through, he gave teddy a big kiss. He seemed like a really nice guy, I never saw he at boot camp? I wonder what happened. I know he never made it to the last 8, but Sharon really liked him.

I don't remember seeing him or the PE teacher (John?) I quite liked both of them :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, there were a few we didn't see from previous weeks and a few we've seen for the first time tonight, this is what I don't like about the show.

Was a bit disappointed about not seeing John Connelly, he was my kids PE teacher last year until he moved schools and they were looking out for him and I wanted to hear him as I missed him on Xtra Factor.
  • Options
    May BlossomMay Blossom Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me this part of the show is too rushed. We spend 6 weeks watching all the odd-balls getting the odd glimpse of some talent & then within a couple of hours you have got the final 8 in each category. I'd personally prefer it if they cut out or at least cut down the c..p acts & spent more time on the boot camp events.

MB
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with that, i think we should get to see everyone who is put through to bootcamp rather than all the rubbish people. i used to like watching the rubbish ones, laughing at them but now it just bores me and I get annoyed when we don't see all the bootcampers. Last year a friend of a friend got through to bootcamp and then final 7 but we didn't see them on TV once!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Did anybody see Laura (I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair) at bootcamp? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw her in a crowd shot, that was it. I rather liked her. I was disapointed not to see Trevor either.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    dolly doo wrote:

His name was Ian. Yes, I wondered about that too. I thought he was very good, and seemed like a nice guy, but I knew he wouldn't get through to the finals, because he doesn't have 'the look'. Also because I have seen him interviewed on GMTV or some such programme. I believe none of the auditionees who have appeared on other shows since the auditions were televised will be in the finals.
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should spend more time on the boot camp shows but it's entertainment the producers want and people who can sing don't cause as much reaction as the can't singers

On last weeks show when we got the "coming up next week" bit they showed Unconventional singing push the button and it sounded really good but it wasn't shown in either of yesterdays shows but they made sure the bit where they messed up was shown

No wonder Simon doesn't want to do another series
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just started a thread on this also! I was sad not to see him as I thought he was really sweet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did he get through? I sure hope not I found him soo irritating! With that stupid little teddy, he has kids which is nice and everything but why take a teddy into the audition room,kissing it, and generally making such a big deal!. He was overated as well, barely better than steve brokestein.
  • Options
    Cortinamk2Cortinamk2 Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Did he get through? I sure hope not I found him soo irritating! With that stupid little teddy, he has kids which is nice and everything but why take a teddy into the audition room,kissing it, and generally making such a big deal!. He was overated as well, barely better than steve brokestein.

What a negative post, don't know how you can say that the guy was a genuine nice guy and had a great voice, like someone else said he just didn't have the look.

And I don't think you can say that about Steve Brookstein either, as much as I think the guy is a self centred bigot you can't deny that he has a great singing voice.
  • Options
    PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I caught glimpses of John Connolly and trevor but not Ian in the background last night.