Options

Mel B giving Lola the boot because Sterekicks are her daughters favourite

TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
Forum Member
✭✭
Silly. Mel admitted before the Bottom 2 announcement that her daughters favourites are Stereokicks and she wrote it down on a notepad right before the sing off. Should just scrap the sing off. Lola sang vocally the best in the sing off. I don't care much for Lola, I just worry next time when Fleur is in the Bottom 2 against Stevi and Mel votes Fleur out because her daughter loves Harvester.

Comments

• Options
    annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or the producers wanted Octopussy through more than Lola
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well does it matter? The public ended with the dicision
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    tbh the SO has always been pretty much redundent.

Look at Cher vs Paije - Louis clearly told to save Cher even though he championed Paije from the beginning.

Similarly keeping Waissel in for so long, or Lloyd staying in ahead of Rachel and Jamie; Jedward staying ahead of Lucie. Rylan staying ahead of Carolynne and Kye.

The SO has been a load of old tosh for years.... I mean half of Tulisa's decisions to keep acts were if they were urban or not; the show is and has been a big joke for ages now
  • Options
    2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pathetic result. And yeah how Mel B said that before the sing off. How convenient - they knew what the outcome would be!
    I don't have any favorites anymore - well apart from stevie but he's hardly worth tuning in for really.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TreyC wrote: »
    Silly. Mel admitted before the Bottom 2 announcement that her daughters favourites are Stereokicks and she wrote it down on a notepad right before the sing off. Should just scrap the sing off. Lola sang vocally the best in the sing off. I don't care much for Lola, I just worry next time when Fleur is in the Bottom 2 against Stevi and Mel votes Fleur out because her daughter loves Harvester.

Mel disgusts me, Lola was way better than stereo kicks tonight, even Simon said so after backing them. Mel is a nasty bitch and out to get any of the rivals out. Lola was starting to find her feet whereas stereo kicks are weak and more likely to be up next week and Mel knows that.
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annie24601 wrote: »
    Or the producers wanted Octopussy through more than Lola

i called them that too on another thread, you didn't steal it did you ? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel has a differnt opinion to this forum, what should we do? Give her a death sentence? I know lets grow up and accept she likes different acts to other people
  • Options
    annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbeez1 wrote: »
    i called them that too on another thread, you didn't steal it did you ? :D

I think I stole it from the original thread of suggestions of what the boyband should be called :D I thought it suited them a lot more than Stereo Kicks, so they have always been Octopussy to me :)
  • Options
    KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon knew that Lola was going that's why he conveniently sent it to the supposed votes.
  • Options
    NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ehehe. This one of the worlds biggest tv shows.

Mel B does what producers and Simon tell her to do.
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annie24601 wrote: »
    I think I stole it from the original thread of suggestions of what the boyband should be called :D I thought it suited them a lot more than Stereo Kicks, so they have always been Octopussy to me :)

okay i believe you ;-):)
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TreyC wrote: »

That is what Mums do.I would do the same lol
  • Options
    Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel B seems to have it in for the female acts- even tried to save Overload against Stephanie.

So much for girl power.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ehehe. This one of the worlds biggest tv shows.

Mel B does what producers and Simon tell her to do.

If the judges are told to who send home in the sing-off when does it happen because the judges don't wear ear pieces and the voting lines are still open as they take their seats on the panel?
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    If the judges are told to who send home in the sing-off when does it happen because the judges don't wear ear pieces and the voting lines are still open as they take their seats on the panel?

They have a weekly briefing with the producers (Mel B let it slip before), so I'm sure they receive all sorts of instructions then.
  • Options
    TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel has a differnt opinion to this forum, what should we do? Give her a death sentence?I know lets grow up and accept she likes different acts to other people

Yes. Yes we should.
  • Options
    NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They know the gameplan.
    Things can fail but they have a general idea about how the show is supposed to go.

And don't think for a second that they don't know how the voting is going before we do.

Simon is a control freak. This show is important to him at the moment, since the USA is no more. He won't leave important decisions in the hands of the public like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Something called an ad break maybe?
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    It's irrelevant. It went to the public vote and she got the least votes. The public don't like her for whatever reason. Personally I thought she was one of those who would improve week on week and her confidence was much better. But it should go to the public vote every week as the judges voting is a farce.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Mel has a differnt opinion to this forum, what should we do? Give her a death sentence? I know lets grow up and accept she likes different acts to other people

She has a different opinion to anyone with ears. Simon said that Lola sang better and the vote for him was on that but Mel said that Stereo Kicks sing off was their best performance to date :o Does she actually have ears :confused::(
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    ucra girl wrote: »

So she'll be voting out one of her own acts if they are up against her daughter's favourite :o As if :cool:
    drakhen wrote: »
    They have a weekly briefing with the producers (Mel B let it slip before), so I'm sure they receive all sorts of instructions then.

Let it slip? It's surely not some deep dark secret that producers and judges in a weekly talent show would meet up. The fact they do isn't evidence that they are told who to save.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ucra girl wrote: »

No, Mel is there to judge the better singers in the sing off and Lola was definitely way better as Simon said!
  • Options
    topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no real evidence of that.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    KaylaL wrote: »
    Simon knew that Lola was going that's why he conveniently sent it to the supposed votes.

Exactly. If Mel B had voted for her. He would have voted against her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's irrelevant. It went to the public vote and she got the least votes. The public don't like her for whatever reason. Personally I thought she was one of those who would improve week on week and her confidence was much better. But it should go to the public vote every week as the judges voting is a farce.

But it's not irrelevant, the sing off is for who sings the better on the night and Lola was the better singer! Mel is s'pose to be professional not stone deaf just because her child likes stereo kicks. If she is not up to the job she should not be a judge! Simple as! No wonder there is a lot of angry people tonight. She has now voted out all 3 of Cheryl's girls and two of them against some bad singing from the groups.