Simon and the STITCH UP of Paul Akister

Comments

• LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    Has anything been said about this, it does sound awful

Not that I know of. :(

They are forced to play along or they will be next...

I think you're right Kenneth. I got the impression some of them were glad it wasn't them who were being targeted. I wonder who's next on the hit list?
  • MelodyMakerMelodyMaker Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been watching footage of Simon criticising Adam Lambert's amazing performance of Satisfaction at American Idol. That's the Adam Lambert now touring with Queen.
    So Paul you are in good company chuck!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWIJIQ61Ieg

Adam is one of the best things to ever come out of AI, together with Carrie Underwood and Chris Daughtry, Simon is a moron!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets be honest here though Simon loved Adam and wanted him to win American Idol. I still remember how shocked and disappointed he looked with Chris won. Wasn't Satisfaction the first song Adam sang on the live shows? When he was just one amongst a bunch of other contestants. I think it would have been odd if Simon had gone the entire competition without giving him any criticism.

As for Paul, yes he was clearly not one of the favourites to win, but that applies to the viewers as much as the production and Simon. Paul never had any chance of winning and on Saturday he received almost nothing but positive feedback and then on Sunday they took it to deadlock, it wasn't like he was chucked out unfairly.
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam is one of the best things to ever come out of AI, together with Carrie Underwood and Chris Daughtry, Simon is a moron!

Adam L has a stellar voice and quite a range, so even without suiting current charting trends, he will have a long career, and deservedly so.Carrie and Chris are perfect for the charts as complete package artists with big budget promo. I like both as artists, and get why a lot of people love them,but vocally, they are not outstanding, just good and commercial.More than a few, including Paul, could easily out-sing them both.That may not be enough to attain similar celeb status, especially if he won't jump the hoops I know for a fact most given major support have to or develop a currently commercial "sound", but he deserves credit for being one hell of a singer.
  • KittygodfreeKittygodfree Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am still astounded he had the least votes as he hadnt been bottom two before sunday. I can think of so many top singers who have a quiet and unenergetic presence on stage so it shocks me that such a voice is voted off.
  • flowerladyflowerlady Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am still astounded he had the least votes as he hadnt been bottom two before sunday. I can think of so many top singers who have a quiet and unenergetic presence on stage so it shocks me that such a voice is voted o

We only have their say that Paul had the lowest votes, Simon Cowell can manipulate that quite easily, why do u think they all of a sudden stopped for an a break, and then had One D sing? and where were the judges when the ads were over, all their seats were empty, that was way before they called the last result. something very fishy going on. I am waiting to see if the same thing happens this week, It is the 1st time in x Factor history that has happened, yes they've said will be revealed after the break, never before have they left it that long. Very weird.
  • Red WimpRed Wimp Posts: 4,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And of course when they go to the public vote, the sing off has no effect as the votes are closed by then
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its so frustrating even mel b threw all her eggs in the andrea basket.britain does love camp and so do i but paul is just a better package well to me anyway
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The large body of casual viewers ddn't vote because they only heard a good voice on a song that is a non-connecting wedding band classic.

Freddie himself could not have wowed a crowd vocally with Dont Stop Me Now minus support vocals,rushed with an irregular tinny drum beat . I couldn't, and don't know any singer who could.Paul almost managed it, though the casual listener would be distracted by that drum . Listen again, really listen. His vocal was excellent under that pile of auditory manure and bad camera angles heaped upon his performance.
  • Sandra_BainbridSandra_Bainbrid Posts: 8,160
    Forum Member
    From Idol, I do have to say and not X factor. The year Adam Lambert a contestant, I was really hooked. Simon Fuller will be laughing
  • Sandra_BainbridSandra_Bainbrid Posts: 8,160
    Forum Member
    Red Wimp wrote: »
    And of course when they go to the public vote, the sing off has no effect as the votes are closed by then
    Paul was definitely the best sing off. Jay was good but Paul was definitely better. Paul should put it behind him and do not bite with the X factor as will not help. Get on with it Paul and wish you luck
  • ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella was never given that kinda treatment that Paul that got...actually, the opposite... And rightly so, she was one of the best contestants... Paul got screwed over by the show big time and Syco will never throw him that kind of money...

Ella wasn't really a good contestant. She had a good audition, but was forgettable in the first few live shows. In the weeks before she left, she was given terrible slowed down song choices but her vocals were off a lot of the time.
    People only seem to remember the hype of her "being a great contestant" and not the actual performances.
  • Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella wasn't really a good contestant. She had a good audition, but was forgettable in the first few live shows. In the weeks before she left, she was given terrible slowed down song choices but her vocals were off a lot of the time.
    People only seem to remember the hype of her "being a great contestant" and not the actual performances.

That's your opinion, but she was for sure hyped up because she was the singer there....
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    The absolute stitch up of all stitch ups. He liked Paul at the start but then he became a threat. Simon wants his 4 in as long as possible. Wimp Louis refused to vote off Simon's competitor Jay - so there you have it. Louis couldn't get any further up there if he tried. He'll need a miner's lamp. Paul is a fantastic singer but the public don't like him apparently - or so they tell us. Who knows who was really in the bottom two. Simon owns the show, owns the panel of judges, owns who he wants to win the show.
    The result this week absolutely STUNK of fix. People cry fix all the time but this was blatantly obvious. I don't vote so at the end of the day I can't argue with the result - but I don't vote because I don't trust the result! I know it's only for entertainment but they need to remind themselves that we're not idiots and we know what's going on. My respect for Simon Cowell is now zero.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Really liked Paul and we can moan all we like about the conspiracy theory but the real fact is he got the fewest votes so it really was the public who put him out.

How do you know? We don't see the percentages. They could have had 2 different people in the bottom two for all we know. Simon owns the show I'm sure he could step in if he doesn't like the way the vote is. We would be none the wiser.
  • Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting non-fact... Vote positions have been released or rather guessed by someone... Paul positions...week 1: 5th, week 2: 4th, week 3: 6th, Week 4, Part 1: 6th, Week 4, Part 2: 6th, Week 5: 9th ...anyone believe this... I have a feeling Paul was just below Andrea, Ben and Lauren fighting for top 3 spots before Simon's bus came and killed him...so, maybe not too far off...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting non-fact... Vote positions have been released or rather guessed by someone... Paul positions...week 1: 5th, week 2: 4th, week 3: 6th, Week 4, Part 1: 6th, Week 4, Part 2: 6th, Week 5: 9th ...anyone believe this... I have a feeling Paul was just below Andrea, Ben and Lauren fighting for top 3 spots before Simon's bus came and killed him...so, maybe not too far off...

Thats what i think
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt contracts have changed much for such shows, but last I saw one, (perhaps someone really sleuthy can dig up an example online?) there is a clause stating that you basically agree that the show can represent you any way they please, down to flat out falsehoods.If your song gets "pulled" at the last moment for some reason, or you suddenly find a key change insisted on, and you don't like it? Too bad.Also, the voting can be ignored under certain conditions(likely unnecessary after the edit/camera/song in Paul's case), and you cannot speak about anything you are told not to speak about. Make of this what you will....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt contracts have changed much for such shows, but last I saw one, (perhaps someone really sleuthy can dig up an example online?) there is a clause stating that you basically agree that the show can represent you any way they please, down to flat out falsehoods.If your song gets "pulled" at the last moment for some reason, or you suddenly find a key change insisted on, and you don't like it? Too bad.Also, the voting can be ignored under certain conditions(likely unnecessary after the edit/camera/song in Paul's case), and you cannot speak about anything you are told not to speak about. Make of this what you will....

Did Robert Johnson ever meet Simon?

Where do I sign?!?! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freddie himself could not have wowed a crowd vocally with Dont Stop Me Now minus support vocals,rushed with an irregular tinny drum beat . I couldn't, and don't know any singer who could.Paul almost managed it, though the casual listener would be distracted by that drum . Listen again, really listen. His vocal was excellent under that pile of auditory manure and bad camera angles heaped upon his performance.

The problem was not his vocal performance, it was his voice. Unlike Freddie, Paul just didn't have an outstanding voice, he was good at singing no doubt about that, but there was nothing different or amazing about his voice. I listened again and I still found it boring, because Paul's voice doesn't wow me and I think ultimately that was the case for most people and was the reason why he didn't get the votes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    at work today we were all chattng about x factor and there was universal shock that paul went as everyone loved him cannot understand the voting at all he was mid table of the voting i am sure so how did he end up bottom...oh of course simon
  • Cpt James KirkCpt James Kirk Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    The problem was not his vocal performance, it was his voice. Unlike Freddie, Paul just didn't have an outstanding voice, he was good at singing no doubt about that, but there was nothing different or amazing about his voice. I listened again and I still found it boring, because Paul's voice doesn't wow me and I think ultimately that was the case for most people and was the reason why he didn't get the votes.

Yes but none of the other contestants have voices that wow, apart from the possible exception of Andrea. ( That's just my opinion )

I DO like some of the others but wow factor. No.

i thought Paul had a brilliant soul voice. I am a massive soul fan though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but none of the other contestants have voices that wow, apart from the possible exception of Andrea. ( That's just my opinion )

I think without andrea paul would have finished top 4 or 5 shame for him. paul had the best vocals for my taste
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not such a soul fan so maybe that makes the difference. I don't think soulful singers tend to do well on the X Factor, I guess the viewers prefer something else. I personally think Andrea has the best voice, he's not as god at singing technically as Paul, but his voice gives me shivers and keeps me hooked throughout his performances. Also Ben has something to his voice, it's nothing amazing but he has a gravelly voice, something of a rock vibe about him, and that makes him stand out from everyone else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot engage with andrea at all nor ben although they can both sing but differing taste is what makes the world go around