[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    I have a week off work and finally had a NY marathon and emptied the SkyPlus memory. That Aviva is a nightmare. Hubby saw her teeth and nicknamed her "A-beaver"......although that could be taken the wrong way :o I've always liked Ramona, she reminds me of my family when they get merry. Mouthing off, saying what she thinks rather than tip toeing around, causing her daughter severe embarrassment for the fun of it, and that thing she does where she puts her face right up to someone else's to express her point. It all sounds awful, but I'd have a night out with her any time because she'd be FUN....and I have a hide like a rhino so she couldn't upset me.

Luann is such a duplicitous mare. Jacques is an idiot, as she said in her phone call to her friend "I never change do I". And she never will. She will be slapping around behind his back until there are no men left who are attracted to drag queens. "Elegance", my aunt fanny!!

Carole is a bit.... blah. Very dull. Heather's OK, a bit too normal to make really good telly but she makes a great "straightman" for Sonja's high jinx. Sonja is fabulous. Total fun. Although I wonder if she really does have proper medical issues. She freely discusses her supplements and makes jokes about them, but she said something about tap water affecting her if she didn't take a certain pill to counteract the chemicals. Now, it could be passed off as hypochondria, but the constant search for optimal health can be an indicator that something IS wrong and nobody is taking her seriously in the medical community. Coupled with the fact she always looks knackered and has to be dragged out of bed even when she hasn't been partying....I'd say an endocrine problem.

And then, the series link picked up a real gem, RHODC! I was real unsure about the first episode, it was so completely tame compared to NY and I was very disappointed, but it has grown on me for one reason only....they are SO up their own backsides. They only live in DC, but they act as if they're personal protectors of the president. Everything is so serious to them. I know a few of you think Cat is annoying and very rude and inappropriate, but I can guarantee that I would HAVE to make mischief there just to see those po-faced Obama groupies squirm in their seats.

The racial tension is horrendous. I can totally see it from Cat's point of view. She comes from a country where we've never had the appartheid issues on the same scale the Americans had in the 20th century. Obviously there is racial tension in the UK, but not like in America. In the uk people integrate pretty well for the most part, our humour is self-deprecating so we have the chance to laugh along with people from all countries about the crazy little nuances of our wonderful varying cultures. And that's my personal experience so anyone can disagree with me, but I know for definite that people from ALL countries are loving, funny, caring and giving, it's just the tiny percentage of british and other cultures who find it hard to get along.

So, here's Cat who comes from a very multicultural country and accustomed to speaking openly, who's dropped into a group of women, two of whom are a complete cariacature of "strong black women". But really, they're not strong because she has to tread on eggshells around them. She couldn't even make fun of Tyra Banks for Gawd's sake! That's not being strong, that's grown women creating a false attachment to a clothes horse just because she has the same colour skin. Cat left their dinner party because she felt uncomfortable....and so would I. Then they moaned how rude she was considering they'd served her "soul food". I'm sorry but if someone served me stale bread and water with a smile and a welcoming heart I'd be more inclined to stay than I would for someone serving me grits, collard greens and cornbread with a scowl and a chip on their shoulder.

And as for Cat's high tea with that Stepford Wife, Edwina. Well, I felt like shaking her. She's working on the healthcare reform, and had the perfect opportunity to have an informative and adult conversation with someone who had experienced NHS care for decades. But no. She kept changing the subject, grinning spookily as she was trying to process the conversation in the logic chip in her head.

And, I've just noticed my tinsel has fallen down so I shall now move my soapbox over to the chimney breast and fix it.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Yeah Loopzilla I liked Cat too and think your summing up of DC is spot on. I laughed at your descriptions of the others. I'd never thought of it that way, but you're so right about them taking themselves too seriously. I would have happily watched another series of DC. In fact I'd prefer that to NJ unless they stop the hate.
    I watch the HoWives for escapism, not to see a thick but basically good hearted woman :p ( Tre if you're wondering) get torn to pieces by a load of jealous, spiteful "friends"
    And now on to another group who ARE strong black women. Over in Atlanta our gals ( minus Kim who is probably still m*****f'ing her way round the townhouse) arrive in Anguilla which is a place that looks like a piece of heaven. Fortunately I saw no sign of anyone bringing 20 pieces of luggage for the 3 day trip as they had to travel by boat for the final bit.
    Nene had a car to take her to the hotel which as she said befits her newly acquired celebrity status, while line of the episode goes to whoever it was said, as the others piled onto a bus "Should we be riding at the back of the bus. We fought not to" ( I'm paraphrasing but having recently watched the epic "Eyes On The Prize" documentary on The Civil Rights Movement, it made me realise just how different things are for African Americans from a few decades ago, particuarly in the South.)

I am so glad they brought in Miss America. She adds the tang you need and managed to get under a few people's skin. Kenya is all over Apollo to which Phaedra takes a dim view as touching her man is a complete no-no. To compensate for Kenya getting her boobs out you should see the outfit Phaedra donned to keep Apollo's eyes on her. :eek: A piece of fishnet so holey a shark could probably swim through it was certainly a sight for sore eyes.
    I liked Porcha but Peter is star struck with her husband's status as a famous NFL quarter back.

Nene, never one to hide her talents goes back to her stripper roots, which doesn't cause any ripples like Melissa in NJ. Nene owns it and soon th bum and body are gyrating wonderfully. I love Nene, she's heaps of fun.
    Kenya is still on her favourite subject- steamrolling her man into marriage. Right there on the island. Shut up woman, he's supposed to ask you. :rolleyes: She hesitates when he says they could use a cheap shell ring though. Shallow? Much? :D Methinks she wants a diamond bigger than all the other womens rings put together.

All in all a really enjoyable episode. I've just realised that by losing Kim we've lost Sweetie. :( I shall miss her calmness in dealing with her mercurial boss.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) Lisa does have a spin off. "Vanderpump Rules" starts in January.

preview HERE

Looks as crazy as the HoWives! :D
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »

Out of all the BH ho'wives she is the last one I would have picked for a spin-off. Her and those boring (in the nicest sense of the word) kids of hers. They're too normal (ish) and nice.

About DC again, maybe they pulled it after the first series because they realised that if any taliban were watching it on their afternoons off, they'd gain fantastic knowledge of how to gatecrash the Black Caucus Dinner to get to Obama. Basically, you just step over the velvet rope (that's not a euphemism!)
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I missed the start of this ep, was any more said about the fbi car incident? Im assuming the odd couple exaggerated the involvement of the fbi for a stolen car but i wondered if lolly was involved.

I noticed tareq said the fbi were involved and had leads and then lollys dad said he had spoken to the fbi who said there was nothing on lolly. Is it really that easy to contact the fbi and get information? I assumed they were some unreachable group who only got involved in serious issues and were only contacted by the government and police, not normal people.
    Forum Member
    Something about lolly stealing a car, but it was her friends and she knew nothing about it (yeah, right, chinny reck-on).

Lolly! What an embarrassing name. Thanks, mom!

Mary keeps bleating on about her being a young mother, how her first born was when she was 20 and how young she looks. She needs to step out of DC once in a while. 20 isn't that young to have a baby, alot have a couple of toddlers by then :D

And her heavily botoxed face actually draws attention to her age.
  • XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

preview HERE

Looks as crazy as the HoWives! :D

:D Thanks tally! I was wondering when this would start. Looks fab!! Its exactly the kind of trashy drama I LOVE to watch. Ill be adding this to my list! :p Not sure how much we will see of Lisa though, but thats ok if it means we get to keep her on BH Housewives.

Just to mention about DC, Im so glad you lot are enjoying it. I think it had real potential and its not half as bad as people say. Cat was by far my fave, and I liked Lynda aswell. Its such a shame it got axed, Id have liked to seen a season 2 and I think it could have worked. Michaele and her hubby (well hes her ex now, she left him for some 80s rocker and faked a kindnapping if I remember right :p) they are utterly bonkers, I mean totally certifiable. Deluded isnt even the word for them :eek:
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    Kenya is still on her favourite subject- steamrolling her man into marriage. Right there on the island. Shut up woman, he's supposed to ask you. :rolleyes: She hesitates when he says they could use a cheap shell ring though. Shallow? Much? :D Methinks she wants a diamond bigger than all the other womens rings put together.

Walter has recently made it public that he had a business arrangement with Kenya to ''play'' her boyfriend on the show. She is of course denying his claims.

It does explain why he always looks so iffy around her. The situation is really comical actually. You can just imagine him pleading with her off-camera - ''Proposing was not part of the deal! I can't do this!'' :D

I predict she'll be suddenly ''dumped'' later in the season and she'll use it to gain sympathy.
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. So I'm watching DC on ITV2+1..how did they do it? how did they get it?
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have really enjoyed the DC Housewives. Gutted that there isn't a second series. Were the ratings that bad that Bravo wouldn't give it another season?
    I enjoyed it far more than the OC one which I came to late. BH and NYC are still my faves though.
  • XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Walter has recently made it public that he had a business arrangement with Kenya to ''play'' her boyfriend on the show. She is of course denying his claims.

It does explain why he always looks so iffy around her. The situation is really comical actually. You can just imagine him pleading with her off-camera - ''Proposing was not part of the deal! I can't do this!'' :D

I predict she'll be suddenly ''dumped'' later in the season and she'll use it to gain sympathy.

:D This! I can totally imagine him having a total freak out off camera when she starts on about marriage/babies etc.

Heres a link to the story if anyone else wants to see it Kenya's fake boyfriend

and here is Kenya's denial. Of course! http://www.realitytea.com/2012/12/12/kenya-moore-denies-that-walter-was-pretending-to-be-her-boyfriend-on-rhoa-plus-is-kenya-broke/

I have to say though, Im glad they brought Kenya on board this season. Shes crazy, no doubt, but she adds a certain something to proceedings! Im looking forward to Nene realising shes kind of a loon, thatll be fun to watch! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beverly Hills was yet another mahoosive bunfight between the Maloofs and Brandi.
    For gawds' sake Kim, there's a time and a place to tell someone that Brandi said something scandalous about them, not at Kyles' swanky do for Mauricio's clients.

Mind if Kim had to ruin any do, I am so glad it was Kyles. PAYBACK TIME. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    DC: In the space of a couple of episodes, I've gone from completely disliking to Cat to now really liking her. :confused::D

I loved how she completely slammed that Republican lobbyist over the appalling American healthcare system and then turned up at that evening dressed up as Sarah Palin. :D

She also had every right to be fuming at the Salahi's. Her husbands job could have been in jeopardy because of their foolish actions.
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    I have really enjoyed the DC Housewives. Gutted that there isn't a second series. Were the ratings that bad that Bravo wouldn't give it another season?
    I enjoyed it far more than the OC one which I came to late. BH and NYC are still my faves though.

I'm gutted that there was only 1 season of DC. :(

I've looked at the ratings on Wiki and most episodes got around 1.5-2.5m viewers. OC usually gets around 2m so it's not as if DC was a major flop. I hate how American TV networks don't give new shows much of a chance to build an audience.
    Forum Member
    You can tell that Michaele was being shady about the invite because when the producer kept telling her to look for it to show the hairdresser, she kept deflecting the search to her Jimmy Choo's and her jewellery. If she'd have received an invite, she would have torn the limo apart to find it just to show it off. Then that fake fake fake conversation with Tareq about does she need her "invite and bra" looked like two parents telling each other they saw santa on the roof just because the kids were listening. Grinning at each other to tell the other to play along.

Then right at the end it was disclosed that she'd revealed she had MS. I totally don't believe her. And if she's lying about that she needs to make sure the "Fate Fairies" weren't watching or she will end up with it.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I missed a few dc eps as i was away, only caught half of the second show from yesterday. Whats all this about the sahalis? I remember them talking about going to the whitehouse but i thought they were invited but they had entered an area which they werent allowed to be in. By the court trial it looks as though they were never invited to any of the party? So how did they get in?

Was this big in the news here when it happened?
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Sorry I dont know how to do spoilers...but just got this off the ET site and its for 2012 about the Salahis's

http://www.etonline.com/news/124265_Salahis_Settle_Divorce_and_50_Million_Lawsuit/index.html
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the reason the show only made it to one season was due to ratings at all. I reckon Bravo were under pressure to axe it to save the brand after the Solahi's crashed the White House.
    I have loved this season probarbly more than any of the other shows, it has been fascinating. Michaele and Tariq were both vile. How anyone can feel sorry for them is beyond me. Pathalogical liars the pair of them.
    Forum Member
    It seems the sh*t has well and truly hit the fan for the ladies in BH.

http://www.allabouttrh.com/blind-item-very-easy-to-solve-but-do-you-believe-the-other-details/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I missed a few dc eps as i was away, only caught half of the second show from yesterday. Whats all this about the sahalis? I remember them talking about going to the whitehouse but i thought they were invited but they had entered an area which they werent allowed to be in. By the court trial it looks as though they were never invited to any of the party? So how did they get in?

Was this big in the news here when it happened?

It made headlines all over the world. I'd completely forgotten about it happening until I watched housewives yesterday when it all came flooding back.

What I don't understand is why they [the Salahi's] seem to be obsessed with wanting to be part of the Washington DC elite just because they happen to have money. :confused:
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I get what the Sahlahis did was wrong but their treatment is really disgusting, it really isn't justified.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I get what the Sahlahis did was wrong but their treatment is really disgusting, it really isn't justified.
    It would have been if they'd been plotting to kill the president. Someone got fired because of them.
    I dont feel at all guilty about slagging off the Salahis, Morons, the pair of them. The way Tariq treated his parents now THAT was disgusting. :mad:

Interesting gossip about Adrienne. Thanks for the link. So do we think she's a lesbian or not. And why hide the surrogacy? Camille didn't and noone bashed her for it. Still totally inappropriate a) for Brandi to tell the others and b) Kim blurting it out when she did. Although the look of horror on Kyle's face was wonderful. :D
    Forum Member

Interesting gossip about Adrienne... And why hide the surrogacy? Camille didn't and noone bashed her for it. Still totally inappropriate a) for Brandi to tell the others and b) Kim blurting it out when she did. Although the look of horror on Kyle's face was wonderful. :D

I think she perhaps hid it because her reasons were down to pure vanity as that blind item suggests.

I love Brandi but I think her revealing this secret on-camera was very wrong as the children didn't/don't even know. And Kim too - I'm liking her this season but her telling the Maloofs at the party was just stirring the pot. She couldn't have been that naive. She must've known it was going to kick off.
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems the sh*t has well and truly hit the fan for the ladies in BH.

http://www.allabouttrh.com/blind-item-very-easy-to-solve-but-do-you-believe-the-other-details/

GOOD GOD. just read this! is it true?!
    That's just crazy!!
  • JennyukJennyuk Posts: 20,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.glittarazzi.com/stars/112701-mary-amons-divorce.html

Stacie Scott Turner (recently divorced)
    Michaele Salahi (recently divorced)
    Catherine Ommanney (2010 divorce)
    Lynda Erkelitian (single/divorced before the show)
    Mary Amons (filed for divorce April 2012)