Options

Terrible Episode full of plot holes!

zexstreamzexstream Posts: 6,279
Forum Member
Sorry but this episode is full of too many holes for me.

We have the doctors future companion as a Dalek.

Why did the Daleks need the Doctors help? To Destroy Their own Asylum Planet?

The Daleks had previously been wiped out and yet by magic they reappear.

The Doctor is supposed to be dead to the world and yet here is is running around the universe found by extinct Daleks.

The Doctor`s Future Dead Companion manages to wipe the mind of the Daleks so they forget who he is? How does that work, why not programme them to be good little Daleks?

The Daleks know there is a intruder when the Doctor teleports onto their ship but failed to notice the blue Police Box sat in the corner?

What happened to Rory and Amy? Did they get the nano-bites removed or are we supposed to forget that?

Way to many plot holes for me.

Comments

• Options
    Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of them are even plot holes...
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    The episode was awesome!, I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zexstream wrote: »

The Doctor is supposed to be dead to the world and yet here is is running around the universe found by extinct Daleks.

The Doctor`s Future Dead Companion manages to wipe the mind of the Daleks so they forget who he is? How does that work, why not programme them to be good little Daleks?

The Daleks know there is a intruder when the Doctor teleports onto their ship but failed to notice the blue Police Box sat in the corner?

What happened to Rory and Amy? Did they get the nano-bites removed or are we supposed to forget that?

You are aware that theres a dedicated episode discussion thread where you can bring up these points yes??
  • Options
    amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    And that every single point has been answered if you paid attention!
  • Options
    petebluepeteblue Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    I think it is a certainty that the Doctor will go back in time and met Clara and her mum before they are captured by and turned in to Daleks
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

- Not a plot hole. A potential plot point.

- Explained in-episode.

- Yep, no more Daleks in Doctor Who ever. Obviously.

- Explained IN THE FIRST SCENE.

- We don't know how much could be changed. Wiping a block of data as opposed to reprogramming..

The Dalek know there is a intruder when the Doctor teleports onto their ship but failed to notice the blue Police Box sat in the corner?

- The TARDIS was there AT THE START.

- They both had wrist bands.

- Were you typing up this list instead of watching and listening?
  • Options
    Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As usual people picking plot holes, when if they just watched the episode properly they'd know there weren't any. As for the future companion, I'm sure we'll just have to be patient and found out what that was all about. Just like we had to wait for River's tale to be told.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member

Will be explained in due course...

The Asylum Daleks were too insane for even the normal Daleks. Therefore, they wanted them gone.

Actually, they weren't all wiped out, not in the current timestream. The new bigger Daleks still lived and could've quite easily created new Daleks. Plus it was never stated that the parliament of the Daleks was gone forever.

That was explained in the Xmas episode. Plus, the Daleks could very easily have plucked the Doctor from an earlier point in his timestream. BEFORE he died.

She was a Dalek herself at the time, thus able to do what she wanted to them as they were all linked.
    Probably didn't think to do that, plus despite the benefits, the Doctor wouldn't have liked that.

They've suddenly just had their minds re-written, they probably wouldn't have registered what the TARDIS was for a few moments. They WERE busy focusing on destroying the Asylum planet after all.

Both were fine as neither were converted. Conversion didn't get very far, so it's safe to assume Amy healed fine. Plus it's pretty easy to assume the Doctor would've sorted it in the TARDIS before he dropped them home.

There you go, no plot holes, so stop whining and just enjoy it.
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And that every single point has been answered if you paid attention!

Erm, no they haven't. They MAY have been answered by fans who think they know everything about the program, but they certainly were not answered in this one episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »

- Not a plot hole. A potential plot point.

We will have to see

- Explained in-episode.

What ? They didnt like Carmen being played?

- Yep,. no more Daleks in Doctor Who ever. Obviously

?

- Explained IN THE FIRST SCENE.

Didnt hear it care to explain?

- We don't know how much could be changed. Wiping a block of data as opposed to reprogramming..

I fail to see how one Dalek can be so power especially with the Dalek Leader on this ship being mainly organic.
    The Dalek know there is a intruder when the Doctor teleports onto their ship but failed to notice the blue Police Box sat in the corner?

- The TARDIS was there AT THE START.

And yet with their wiped minds didnt think to question what this blue box was?

- They both had wrist bands.

Wristbands dont work, if you remember the Doctor told Rory when they get on the ship to keep talking to her to slow down the change.
  • Options
    SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    That was strange, hopefully it'll be explained when she appears as the companion. Maybe a distant relative, like Gwen and the girl from the Unquiet Dead, or maybe some sort of wibbly wobbly timey whimey.
    I wondered that. They gave this whole speech about not destroying the mad and broken Daleks, and then destroyed them.
    Yep, there they are again. Rose might as well not have bothered
    I think the Doctor's wrist band cured Amy, he didn't need it because he's a Time Lord. He didn't tell her he'd given her his wrist band because he knew Rory would try and give her his and then they'd argue and realise they still loved each other - which, surprise surprise they did.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We have the doctors future companion as a Dalek. - Who knows - maybe we will find out in the future. A story that is yet to be told, isn't a plot hole. Just a story that needs to be completed

Why did the Daleks need the Doctors help? To Destroy Their own Asylum Planet? - Someone needed to go on to the planet to deactivate the shield. The daleks were all too scared to do it, so found the only person they know that would be "brave" enough. This was explained in the episode.

The Daleks had previously been wiped out and yet by magic they reappear. - The doctor has said in the past that they would never be completely destroyed. They are all over the Doctor Who universe. A fleet may get destroyed - but it doesn't mean all daleks ever will be destroyed.

The Doctor is supposed to be dead to the world and yet here is is running around the universe found by extinct Daleks. - Again - explained at the start. There were stories that he was still alive, and they were hoping these were true as they wanted to lure him out.

The Doctor`s Future Dead Companion manages to wipe the mind of the Daleks so they forget who he is? How does that work, why not programme them to be good little Daleks? - Because the daleks will always be a big baddie in doctor who. You cant have them turn good.

The Dalex know there is a intruder when the Doctor teleports onto their ship but failed to notice the blue Police Box sat in the corner? - The TARDIS was there before they forgot him (was there before they went down to the asylum). Whether they forgot the TARDIS too, I don't know.

What happened to Rory and Amy? Did they get the nano-bites removed or are we supposed to forget that? - Rory was wearing the bracelet the whole time so didn't start to change. As soon as Amy started wearing the Doctors bracelet, she started to be "cured".

There you go. ;)

edit - I see lots of people have answered while I was writing my reply. :D
  • Options
    amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Dave3622 wrote: »
    Erm, no they haven't. They MAY have been answered by fans who think they know everything about the program, but they certainly were not answered in this one episode.

Oh for goodness sake, still NOT plot holes. Which answers are you still after?
  • Options
    vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well it would make a change, dont see how it is a plot hole

They feared what was down there, a human mind Dalek... did you watch the show?

They can teleport and never been wiped out

He is dead to the world, again this was explained the Dalek controlled Human found him and brought him to the Daleks.

It was a quick second thing, she didnt plan it. It was just something to stop them from killing him

The Blue Box was the intruder and then the Doctor appeared, who they have no idea who he is. The reset button has been pushed

Rory never had nano-bites and Amy recovered when the Doctor gave her his wrist band thing

No plot holes from anything you mentioned here
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Wristbands dont work, if you remember the Doctor told Rory when they get on the ship to keep talking to her to slow down the change.

She DIDN'T have a wrist band on at that point!!! It was stolen by the spacesuit skeletons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I fail to see why the Daleks where to scared to deactivate the shield themselves.

The Daleks on the surface seemed pretty harmless.

And why did they need to destroy the planet, What was this fear they had? CARMEN?
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe it's another River? We've seen her end before her beginning.

Because they needed to take the forcefield down but didn't want to risk the trip to the planet themselves. As the Doctor clearly explained in the episode.

Didn't the Paradigm of the Daleks restored the race after The Victory of the Daleks?

The Doctor was tricked by a Dalek to investigate what happened to her daughter, but he was acting as though he was supposed to be hiding. The rumour that he was dead was stated at the start of the episode.

Because it'd take longer and the Daleks would have killed the Doctor by that point? Because that's not in her character to make them 'good little Daleks'? And what would you do with a good little Dalek?
    The Dalex know there is a intruder when the Doctor teleports onto their ship but failed to notice the blue Police Box sat in the corner?

They bought the TARDIS there; it was there at the start when they sent the Doctor and co to the Asylum.

Rory never took his wristband off; the Doctor gave his to Amy so the conversion stopped. The emotion from Amy's rant at Rory halted the conversion, as stated by Oswin that love and anger could repel the conversion.
  • Options
    SeventeenSeventeen Posts: 435
    Forum Member

Come on, you know we're going to find out more about her story. How can you call that a plot hole? That's just the start of a story.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are the plot holes though?
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wondered that. They gave this whole speech about not destroying the mad and broken Daleks, and then destroyed them.

They tried to say that is why they hadn't done it. But then the doctor twigged that they hadn't destroyed them because they were too scared to go down and deactivate the shield.
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    I agree. Loads and loads of plot holes.

But, do you know what? It was brilliant and apologies are warranted or necessary.

Loved it! Moffat's best yet (admittedly for me, the bar was pretty low, but that was a blinder).
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fail to see why the Daleks where to scared to deactivate the shield themselves.

The Daleks on the surface seemed pretty harmless.

The Daleks on the surface were mental, mad, crazy, insane. No other 'ok' Dalek had ever been down there to see what they were like - they didn't want to take the risk.
    And why did they need to destroy the planet, What was this fear they had? CARMEN?

They feared if something could break through the shield to the planet something could break out of the shield ie. an insane Dalek.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only real plot hole I can see is did he hear her voice as a dalek voice or Oswin voice, in which case when he meets Clara will he even recognise the voice?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    --Wait and see.

--The Doctor is the Predator of the Daleks... ie the one who is most successful at killing them. As the Asylum Daleks are insane, the sane Daleks may be fearful of the insane ones lashing out and killing some of the sane ones. So they captured the Doctor, who is an expert at killing Daleks (in their eyes), and gave him no choice but to stop them.

--Victory of the Daleks showed the Daleks escape. They have had sufficient time to recover their forces and build new ones.

--Daleks are not extinct. Yes, the Daleks are aware that the Doctor died... But they're too bright to just let it pass; there always remains the possibility he could escape, so they pursued that possibility.

--Many possibilities for that. One: Dalek instinct is too strong (the Doctor is a concept; but Dalek Supremacy is a philosophy... Not something that is forgotten as easily)
    --Two: Quick thinking on her part to save the Doctor. It's not like she had enough time to turn them into tea-serving soldiers for the British Empire (... Oh, wait :p)

--Perception Filter. As their memory of the Doctor is wiped, and that these are new Daleks (which is plausible, as the majority are new Paradigm Daleks who were created in VotD), it can be assumed all knowledge of the TARDIS is associated with the Doctor; thus forgotten.

--I presume there is a cure or reversal. As the nano-genes are similar to that from The Doctor Dances, they can be reprogrammed; perhaps with the help of the TARDIS or other equipment.

--No plot holes. Just a bit of logical thinking needed...
  • Options
    SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    They tried to say that is why they hadn't done it. But then the doctor twigged that they hadn't destroyed them because they were too scared to go down and deactivate the shield.
    Ah I see. But why did they want to destroy it? Was it Oswin they were suddenly scared of?