GOLD lack of comedies

dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
Forum Member
✭✭
I know GOLD is now just a comedy channel but I seem to recall a few years ago when it was UK Gold they actually showed a bigger range of comedies than they do now. Dads Army, Are you Being Served, Hi Di Hi,Some mothers Do Ave Em, Butterflies, The Thin Blue Line and the Carry on films were all regulary shown a few years ago yet none of these appear since it became GOLD. 2 Point 4 Children was also shown loads but now its lucky to get a run shown at 6am in the morning, other shows like Bread and Just Good Friends also are shown at awful times in the day. I also find it strange that Birds of a Feather is going to be shown on its new Drama channel and not on GOLD.

Comments

• woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    I know GOLD is now just a comedy channel but I seem to recall a few years ago when it was UK Gold they actually showed a bigger range of comedies than they do now. Dads Army, Are you Being Served, Hi Di Hi,Some mothers Do Ave Em, Butterflies, The Thin Blue Line and the Carry on films were all regulary shown a few years ago yet none of these appear since it became GOLD. 2 Point 4 Children was also shown loads but now its lucky to get a run shown at 6am in the morning, other shows like Bread and Just Good Friends also are shown at awful times in the day. I also find it strange that Birds of a Feather is going to be shown on its new Drama channel and not on GOLD.

I wish they'd give 2point4 Children a decent showing. The 6am, spotty showings are mind-boggling, given that this was one of the biggest shows of the 90s. It is easily head and shoulders above 'Last of the Summer Wine' and 'As Time Goes By' (which is crap, and only gets house room because it stars Judi Dench). If I never see 'Only Fools and bloody Horses' on the scheduling list again, I can die happy.
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    While I loathe 2point4 children - I do believe GOLD are going down hill lately. They used to show 'sorry' 'butterflies' 'solo' etc, etc - but now they seem to be on a loop of the same stuff. I love GOLD in the background as I'm home alone most days & the humour cheered me up but now I'm sifting thro' cooking channels to fill the gaps.:(