Has Brendan been at the pies?

fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
Forum Member
Is he looking rather portly (not that there is anything wrong with this I must stress as I do like a man with something to hang on to)....

....or was it just atrocious costuming?

Comments

• SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's pregnant.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    He's had a shorter haircut I think? His head was looking positively Easter Island-esque tonight (not to mention the Toblerone he had in his pocket)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    As all ladies who wear control pants know, if you squeeze into clothing that tight the fat's got to overspill somewhere. He was like a soufflé oozing out of its ramekin.
  • Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    He's pregnant.

I was thinking in the week it was about time for an "Is XXXXX pregnant?" thread :D
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    As all ladies who wear control pants know, if you squeeze into clothing that tight the fat's got to overspill somewhere. He was like a soufflé oozing out of its ramekin.

The thought of a Brendan oozing is somewhat disturbing
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »
    He's pregnant.

James Jordan was tweeting that Ola was throwing up all day. I'm amazed this year's 'Is Ola Pregnant?' thread hasn't started up already.
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regardless of pies and torn trousers, I still fancy Brendan quite a bit :blush:
    Forum Member
    Regardless of pies and torn trousers, I still fancy Brendan quite a bit :blush:

Personally I find a bit of heft more attractive than the uber-skinny Trent/Brian Fortuna physique. Trent needs to have a munch on Judy's infamous shortbread (and, no, that's not a reference to Anton's muffography in their cha cha cha routine).
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hope "Wardrobe" get their knuckles severely rapped for dressing some of the guys in ridiculously tight trousers. Vicky Gill on ITT said something about it being more fashionable (or some such) but these guys are DANCING not walking down some catwalk. Get the costumes real.
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I find a bit of heft more attractive than the uber-skinny Trent/Brian Fortuna physique. Trent needs to have a munch on Judy's infamous shortbread (and, no, that's not a reference to Anton's muffography in their cha cha cha routine).

Aw I think Trent is a total cutie! :D
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    I just hope "Wardrobe" get their knuckles severely rapped for dressing some of the guys in ridiculously tight trousers. Vicky Gill on ITT said something about it being more fashionable (or some such) but these guys are DANCING not walking down some catwalk. Get the costumes real.

I wonder if Zoe has the balls to ask Vicky about it next week on ITT :D
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    James Jordan was tweeting that Ola was throwing up all day. I'm amazed this year's 'Is Ola Pregnant?' thread hasn't started up already.

Well, Lilia finally is, so anything's possible...
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member

Or Brendan perhaps? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

LOL Knowing Zoe she's bound to say something
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    Is he looking rather portly (not that there is anything wrong with this I must stress as I do like a man with something to hang on to)....

....or was it just atrocious costuming?

Ah!
    So you noticed too?

See my post at 8.42.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2018465&page=47
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's looking tubby.

This thread reminds me of a similar one a few years ago when someone said Darren Bennett had been during the Chocolate Chip Cha Cha during the summer
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wonder though do a lot, if not all those decisions to 'sex up the show' come from production, like in the music choices .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    I wonder though do a lot, if not all those decisions to 'sex up the show' come from production, like in the music choices .

Even if that is true, wardrobe has a responsibility to dress the dancers - pro and celeb - appropriately. The tight trousers are not only inappropriate, unless they are made properly (Brendan's clearly were not) but they look stupid too.
  • LovesATangoLovesATango Posts: 3,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely agree with you! Brendan is loads more attractive than that skinny-minny Trent. Brendan is a man, whereas Trent is a namby-pamby boy. I hope Brendan's normal physique is an indication that he's a happy man.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if that is true, wardrobe has a responsibility to dress the dancers - pro and celeb - appropriately. The tight trousers are not only inappropriate, unless they are made properly (Brendan's clearly were not) but they look stupid too.

Same with Pasha last week, very unflattering outfit .
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    He's putting on some beef round his middle yes - and actually no this is not attractive on a professional dancer. I like Brendan a lot but there's no denying he's got middle age spread. Maybe he's too comfortable at home with wifey and baby!
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was like a soufflé oozing out of its ramekin.
    You must be so middle class. I'm the real chavvy here. Battered sausage all the way. (Then on the way home I'll grab some fish'n'chips)
    Forum Member
    You must be so middle class. I'm the real chavvy here. Battered sausage all the way. (Then on the way home I'll grab some fish'n'chips)

Given tonight's trouserage problems I do not want to think of Brendan and battered sausage in the same sentence. (Although maybe squidged sausage was more the issue).
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given tonight's trouserage problems I do not want to think of Brendan and battered sausage in the same sentence. (Although maybe squidged sausage was more the issue).
    Better than Aliona having to stuff Gregg's meat and two veg back in his trousers because he doesn't wear any underwear
  • GellymissGellymiss Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    Love it :D:D

But at the risk of stating the obvious, isn't he just getting older? I'm not suggesting he is old (he's younger than me :blush: ) but he's been on screen for 10 years now. It would hardly be a surprise that he's not the shape he used to be.

That's what I love about Jake. Long in the tooth yet the flattest stomach I've seen on someone middle aged. It's very noticeable on EE.