Options

Targa dp 5100x from Lidl

Just to let you know, I picked up a bobby bargain from Lidl today, the above Targa dvd player which also plays cd,s, divix, and your memory card from your digital camera along with a mass of other bits and bobs, was on offer for £19.99. Reduced from its original £49.99. The fact that it also comes with a remote with batteries, a scart lead and an audio lead, merely adds to my excitement.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    The TARGA DP-5100x should be returned to Targa by everybody owning it !!!

It has a serious BUG that TARGA WON'T FIX !!!

It's concerning subtitling.

If you have a DVD, for example one you made bij youre own as a legal backup, and have subtitles stripped youre are in deep problems with this player !!!!!

THIS PLAYER WON'T RECOGNIZE SUBTITLES THAT ARE NOT CONSEQUTIVE NUMBERED !!!

So if you have a movioe without a menu on DVD for example or even with a menu, that's having something like below as subtitling:

STREAM 0x20: English Subtitling
    STREAM 0x23: Dutch Subtitling
    STREAM 0x25: English DC Subtitling.

The DP-5100x WON'T SELECT THE TWO LAST STREAMS !!!

You cann press as many times as you wish on the subtitling button, but it WON'T WORK !!

The DP-5100X display's NONE as subttile in these cases.

I have contacted TARGA and they WON'T UPDATE the firmware !!!!

So I'm going to return this player.

ALL PLAYERS I TRIED DO WORK IN THIS CASE, EVEN THE DRH-5000 FROM TARGA ITSELF !!!

But the DP-5100x won't work, so return it as TARGA told me they are NOT going to FIX this one.......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    yes this is quite serious!
    a 20 quid player that wont play various subtitled streams from lots of foreign countries is indeed totally useless!!!