Options

Sony Trinitron model preceeding kv-x2172u

I'm at work so I dont have the exact model number of the TV but... :rolleyes:

I've been given a Black Nicam 21 inch Sony Trinitron TV twin scart with front AV inputs. I think its a preceeding version of the kv-x2172u??

I tried to tune channels last night but the remote is huge - (its double sided!!) and I can only get it to AUTO TUNE in the channels. Which is especially annoying since it picks out signals occasionally in the wrong order... :eek:

Does anyone know how to make the TV MANUALLY TUNE?

I dont have a manual for the TV - so if anyone knows where I can download a manual - that yould be fantastic...

thanks

Comments

• Options
    StereRoweStereRowe Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the following is correct.

You can manually select the channels by pressing the 'C' button then selecting the channel 'frequency' number using the numerical keypad.

If memory serves me right you then press a button (part hidden) at the bottom of the remote that has a symbol that resembles a diamond with a arrow pointing in it. I think that stores the station.

You could try going into any TV repair shop if you have problems - I'm sure they will help you.

StereRowe
  • Options
    johnboy169johnboy169 Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Here is a Sony Downloads Page that includes User Manuals

http://www.sonydigital-link.com/manuals/manuals.asp?l=en

Hope it helps

Johnboy
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think my old one of those never auto tuned correctly either.. you need to go into the menu (on the complex side of the remote) and use the menu button and navigate to manual tuning, then either search each channel in turn or you can directly enter the Channel number if you know them ((TV channels use channels 21-69)